Jim's Cafe - Monday, September 1st (Labor Day!)

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by lightbeam, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

I am starting the Cafe, as a way to say heyroo!

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful holiday, and a regular Monday (in surrounding areas)!

I exercised for the first time in 3 weeks, and even then I am tired... It charged me with energy this morning! I've got to keep on it!

Well, nothing more to report!

Tommy Tom says heyroo!

:hug: to everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hello, Café! :)

Another quiet day for me...reading, on the computer a bit, watching some ho-hum blah TV...lol. Am going out walking with a friend this evening and we should lots of squirrels and maybe some rabbits and deer!

Lightbeam and Tommy Tom, happy holiday Monday to you! Star says "Purr, purr, purr, meee-ow, purrrrrrr!"

Have a wonderful afternoon and evening folks! :frog_banjo:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi to you lightbeam and Acy hot hot day here today too hot for walking went for drive in country got lost a bit but found way home it is nice day for a drive

4. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Spent the weekend away at the beach visiting friends. Now am having a quiet day exercising for the first time in a while and doing yard work. Now like lightbeam, I too have lots of energy to burn. Glad you got a day to relax TE. hello to Star and Tommy Tom, you too Acey and lightbeam.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Spent the day under the bed and was not eaten by the underthebed monster LOL!
    However, was nearly smothered by dust bunnies and the accumalated rubbish!:embarassed:
    Under the bed is now clean as a whistle :D today the bed, tomorrow the bathroom :scared:

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Jim's Cafe - Tuesday, September 2nd 2014

Well the summer is finally over. At least here in the US "after Labor Day" means it is no longer summer more assuredly than any Equinox to come in a couple weeks. Teachers opened the schools today in our area and the kids start school tomorrow (though this is late and in most areas schools have already started a week or so ago). This means that my house will be much quieter and I can sit around and actually enjoy a morning coffee soon without so many interruptions and and requests for unneeded problem solving (things like "where is the remote control" - the problems I solve are not on the scale of world peace or 3rd world hunger).

So for Tuesday my Tuesday Song -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHz3YYkljis

Though really it seems far more like a song about the Seasons would be more in line and the season in the sun is gone....

7. Acy

Re: Jim's Cafe - Tuesday, September 2nd 2014

Good morning, Café! :)

School starts here today, so "summer" is technically over. Weather will likely be a mix of warmish days and a slow decrease to cooler days. Roads will be busier and shopping malls will be quieter during the day. The library will be a madhouse every day now with busy students doing homework. I like the fall - I guess after years and years of school, it feels like the start of the year to me. It is more "New Year's" to me than "New Year's" on January 1. I will have to register soon for any evening community courses I decide to take.

NYJmpMaster, sounds like you will have moments of longed-for peace and quiet now with the kids back in school! Enjoy!

Happy Tuesday to all! :mouse_cheese:

8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

good evening everybody,

have an awful cold at the moment. pretty much just drinking tea and eating soup and watching internet videos.

9. total eclipse

long day today tired now although i know sleep will not come

10. Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Wednesday September 3, 2014

Good afternoon SF,

Still fighting off this cold but I think I'm over the worst of it. Am feeling better than yesterday for sure.

Have a good day everyone.

11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Jim's Cafe - Wednesday, September 3rd 2014

Heyroo everyone!

I am tired from exercise. First I boxed and beat 2 opponents, and then 1/2 a set of Jillian Michaels 2010 Fitness Ultimatum on my Nintendo Wii. Then I went back to boxing and beat one more opponent. I am tired now.

Summer is over. I'm ready for the cooler temperatures.

12. Re: Jim's Cafe Wednesday September 3, 2014

Hey, I have finally got over my bronchitis and flu, took me two and a half frikken weeks, hope you get better soon, have a great day as well

13. total eclipse

Re: Jim's Cafe - Wednesday, September 3rd 2014

i have been sleeping most afternoon so of out of it like floating again uggg well have to get up now and go visit ma at nrsg home hopefully my mind clears up some

14. Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Cafe Wednesday September 3, 2014

thanks, Harold! Welcome to the forums! :)

15. Acy

Re: Jim's Cafe Wednesday September 3, 2014

Good evening Café!

It was a gorgeous day here! Bright, clear, sunny skies. Warm (hot, actually). The summer that we didn't have in July is arriving now that it's September! :) Not much else new here.

Harold, welcome! Nice to meet you!
    Mr Stewart, so sorry you've had a cold, and I hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Sleep well, folks! :hug:

16. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Jim's Cafe Thursday 4th September 2014

Good day folks! How is everyone today?

I am just having a relaxing day after 3 crazy days at work. I have printed off my mentorship assignment, all ready to hand in tomorrow. I hope I just pass it as I really don't want to have to write it again! Getting ready for my annual leave, I am really needing it right now as I am finding it so difficult to get up for work at the moment. Only 2 more days left. I'm on an acute illness management course tomorrow and then I only have an early shift to do on Saturday then I have 15 days off. Excited! I'm also excited because my collector's edition of the Sims 4 game has been dispatched so hopefully it will be here tomorrow. So no doubt I will be playing that on my annual leave haha.

17. Re: Jim's Cafe Thursday 4th September 2014

Hey Butterfly, good luck with the assignments, I really hope you do well :) 2 more days :D I have one left and then I have a week off for Spring Break, I have a test to get through first tomorrow afternoon but I can taste the weekend and break already. I love the sims as well, I hope you have great fun playing it when it arrives :D

Have a great day and try and enjoy the last two days

18. Re: Jim's Cafe Wednesday September 3, 2014

Hi Mr Stewart and Acy, thanks for the welcome, it is nice to meet you too. We have had brilliant weather here, spring started on the first and mother nature seems to have agreed and we have had nice sunny days in the mid to high 20s, Hope everyone had a great day

19. Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Cafe Thursday 4th September 2014

afternoon coffee forums,

first day back to work since I came down with the cold and it went well enough. was good to get out of the house, breath fresh air. going to have lunch momentarily.

20. Acy

Re: Jim's Cafe Thursday 4th September 2014

Hello, Café! :)

Butterfly, time off after hard work is always exciting! Enjoy - you deserve it! And good luck with the assignment, too!
    Harold, spring break sounds good, too...We're just starting fall weather here, well, it hasn't really started, but it's supposed to be coming soon. :D ( Right. Today it felt like 28°C and tomorrow is supposed to feel like 40°C. Ugh.)
    Mr Stewart, glad you were able to work even with the cold. I hope you're better soon!

My day was busy. Appointment mid-morning, off to help with an audio-visual presentation in the afternoon, snagged to fold some flyers for the weekend, then ran to pick up a prescription because tomorrow is already spoken for. *catches breath* :)

Happy Thursday evening! :redrose:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.