Jim's Cafe - Monday, September 1st (Labor Day!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Re: Jim's Café - Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Is like a carnival rife that went on too long and all you want to do is get off, but unlike the carnival ride where eventually they shut it down and you get off it just keeps spinning faster....Do I close my and jump off or try to keep riding? I wish I knew....
I think that you jump - while you are not yet too dizzy to recover, stand up and look at things properly instead of from the spinny sick spiral that is making everything appear out of control. Just my opinion of course, but in my own experience, one's perspective from the centre of a spiral is horribly messed up.

I had photos taken today - which was not as unpleasant as the looking at them part :/ seeing 62 image of yourself cycling around a very large flat screen tv is just horrific. I did manage to choose four and once they have been colour adjusted (or whatever they do) I will have another piece of the stuff needed to start my own business. The next part is some expert advice.

On the other hand, I have been watching episodes of Chuck on Netflix and might become a CIA agent instead. Looks fun.

Acy I am very glad that your kitty is feeling better! :hug:

Mr Stewart

good afternoon everybody,

had a too busy day yesterday, long shift at work and then had dinner with older sister. was good to catch up with her but I am very tuckered out from all the excitement now.

Freya, I can certainly relate on the unpleasantness of having photos of yourself taken. The flashes especially bother me.

just going to be a nice slow and easy day for me today. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend

Heyroo!

Just relaxing today after a taxing morning exercising. I still need to do 2 sets, but I want to walk this evening. My mom said she is not walking that amount of steps. I will plan on it tomorrow. It's probably a walk a little past the the blind center on the way to a major street. We'll see though. I need to make sure I am back before the dogs have to go out.

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a good day!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Wednesday September 17, 2014

Good morning coffee forums,

Not much on the schedule for me today. Maybe see about some groceries. Work on bicycle rebuild project.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Re: Jim's Cafe Wednesday September 17, 2014

Good afternoon, Café! :)

Was out to an appointment early this a.m. Still have some errands to run - will do those later.

Mr Stewart, I can send you another bicycle to rebuild...*looks at you with big sad eyes...please* :D Good luck with your rebuild!
TE, wishing you a restful and peaceful afternoon!

Happy humpday afternoon, everyone! :)

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
Jim's Cafe - Thursday, Sept 18th, 2014

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! It's 1 month 2 days until the start of school! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

I'm so glad it's just 1 class. It reminds me of the tortoise and the hare. Steady is the rule! I'll be OK... I hope!

Just wondering how all y'all are doing!

:hug: to all!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Cafe - Thursday, Sept 18th, 2014

Afternoon SF,

Jason, you'll be a-okay. Post-secondary classes are a much different thing than highschool ones. Everybody is there to learn and there's none of that side nonsense and distraction. More transparent workload too. The first day you'll get a syllabus that says what you are required to do (a couple research papers, or some written tests or a combination). The professor/instructor just teaches the material in a lecture style and you take notes and that's about it. I found university to be much easier for me than primary school for this reason.

I have good gecko related news today. Gilligan the super-shy super-picky eater who does not acknowledge the idea of eating bugs... apparently is just fussy about what type of bug is offered. Her species can live on just the meal replacement powder that is their diet staple, but they grow much more slowly if they do not also eat live feeders (bugs). It's much healthier for them to eat a combination of both. Anyway, I put Phoenix Worms in her dish last night and lo and behold, empty dish this morning. Shocked. And thrilled.

Jae

Jim's Cafe - Friday, Sept 19th, 2014

..my mom told me not to go to work..coz its raining crazy and there might be a flood..so i am being a hard headed one still went to work...and on my way..the flood is already knee deep.. :oops: ... i arrived at work wet...and i am late..i just wish that the flood will be gone by 5PM or else...i will be force to greet the flood again.... :D

..what a day to start my day....how is your friday?

:bunny:

Re: Jim's Cafe - Friday, Sept 19th, 2014

oh wow, keep a tab on the weather. if it worsens much more, you won't be able to get home and be stuck at work?

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Jim's Cafe, Saturday September 20

Well lawn is mowed, dishes and clothes are washed. Talked to Verizon about a new cell phone, but they said it would not improve my reception in any. Often only have 2 bars at home. Will try using cell only for a couple of months. If it goes well, I will dump the land line. I really hate paying for 2 phones.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Cafe, Saturday September 20

yeah I have thought about getting rid of my landline too. the trouble is I get a steep discount on my internet if I also have the landline (same company) so it's not meaningfully cheaper for me overall to cut the landline and just do my cell phone. bah.

Pretty nice day here today. Work was a bit busy but that's done with now. Just sipping protein shake and here at home on computer.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Re: Jim's Cafe, Saturday September 20

Hello. :)

SillyOldBear and Mr Stewart...landline and cell phone here, too. I need the landline because my apartment building's visitor entry system is connected via that line. I have a cell phone for emergency calls only. My landline and internet are from the same provider and that gives me a discount, but I think it all would cost around the same no matter what I chose. :D

Went out to the grocery store today and it was so packed and the lines so long, I just turned around and left. Will have to try again tomorrow. Reading a book and half-listening to the TV tonight.

Hoping everyone has a good night! :hug:

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
Jim's Cafe - Sunday, September 21, 2014

Just relaxing. Messing with my Windows Black installation. Getting it to look and feel right. It looks awesome! Dark and mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00