Jim's Cafe - November 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey everyone! Wow, November already? This year sure has flown by! I didn't do anything for Halloween, I hope those of you who did had a blast. I can't wait to raid the stores and their half off sales, haha. I will buy enough candy to last until Christmas. :p What does everyone have planned for this month?

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

This month brings lots of activities for the music world. Generally Christmas related, but the preparations have to start now as performances begin in a few weeks. I can never decide if I like this time of year. Things are so busy I hardly have time to catch myself coming and going (so no time to think), but it is also exhausting lol.

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello SF,

First snow storm of the season here today. I say 'storm' but it wasn't that bad really. Pavement is still warm enough to melt it, so no scary winter driving conditions yet. Nice to see the snow again. I missed it a little bit.

4. Mr Stewart

Morning everybody,

day off today. met mom for coffee just now. sort of a frosty day outside but i don't mind. it's nice to have winter starting.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HEre it is like summer again warm dam bugs are all out again hornets and ladybugs flies ugggg it is november already go away insects

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It will be in the 60's all this week. Gotta love the unseasonably warm weather.

7. Mr Stewart

Good afternoon everyone.

Just home from work now. Fed the pictus geckos. They are getting a treat today of butterworms. Butterworms are expensive so i don't get them often. Very nutritious despite their name as they are not made of butter. yes.

8. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Good morning SF
    Going to have my sister's b'day party with the siblings and their families. Other than that the weekend will be raking leaves and doing work from home.
    Have a good weekend

9. Mr Stewart

Snow today! Not very much in my city but I heard parts to the south received quite a lot. :)

10. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hey, we need someone to make this a sticky thread. We can't allow JimK to be forgotten,

2 people like this.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Done hun, yes he must not be forgotten.

2 people like this.
  12. SillyOldBear

13. Mr Stewart

morning everybody,

day off today. had a good long sleep last night and needed it. breakfast toast momentarily. not sure what to do today, if anything. the local zoo had a baby giraffe born a couple weeks ago. i would like to head out there soon to get pictures.

2 people like this.
  14. Aeneas

Aeneas Well-Known Member

I live in a border town in the desert. Fun fun fun.
    So here, when it gets cold, it comes out of nowhere!
    It's usually so hot, there's only a couple of days in the year where you don't notice the weather!
    I'm excited for Thanksgiving. I might be spending it alone, but hey! Make do with what you got,
    huh guys?
    And who knows? Maybe it will be one of the best ones yet!

2 people like this.
  15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good (early) morning cafe. It is 4 am here, I fell asleep while browsing the net again. Seems to be happening a lot lately, it never used to.
    Still trying to take in the info that my DBT won't be starting this month, that has upset me greatly. Oh well,there's nothing I can do about it. Hopefully meeting with the mental health nurse every week will help me, that is a plus. :)

2 people like this.
  16. Mr Stewart

Hi Aeneas. Welcome to SF. Thanks for stopping by the cafe thread. :)

Stopped by pet store to resupply on phoenix worms for my pictus geckos. No worms. And none last week either. Maybe they stopped selling them. Now I will either have to go to the other pet store across town that sells them or maybe order online? Will see how the pricing works out with driving gas or shipping being the cheaper alternative. I insist on phoenix worms in addition to the pictus' staple diet of mealworms because I hate crickets. And if I don't have phoenix worms, I have to deal with crickets to round out the geckos' diet.

17. SillyOldBear

Its friggin snowing here! Seattle area. They said was going to be a warmer, dryer winter. We have also had over 3 days of rain. Should have been a meteorologist. Could have gotten a great salary AND been wrong most of the time. Geesh, I hate this stuff. Snow would not be bad, if it were not sooooo cold. :rolleyes:

18. Mr Stewart

Ha! It's been just the opposite up here in Canada this fall. A little bit of snow but much less than we would normally have this time of year so far. Meteorologist for a news station does seem like a pretty cushy gig, I agree. :p

19. Leon2

Leon2 Active Member

Rain rain rain plus gales uk

20. Mr Stewart

Hi, Leon2! Welcome to SF.

Day off today for me. My doctor says I am to take vitamin D supplements and I have been, but they make me drowsy. Take at night, oversleep in the morning. Take in morning, still oversleep the next morning. I'm going to cut the dosage in half and see if that helps any. This is irritating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.