Jim's Cafe, October 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey everyone! I thought I would do something I have never done before, and that is to start the newest Cafe thread! It's October now, and I am looking forward to cooler temperatures, changing leaf colors, and my favorite holiday of all, Halloween. I am excited about fall and all that comes along with it. I am also trying to get it together and to cut all negative influences out of my life. It is the only way I can move forward and be a happier person. Let's all make this a great month!

2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Happy October 1st everybody. Definitely looks like fall outside now. All yellow and orange leaves.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

October already! It's insane. I swear it was just January. I guess time DOES go faster the older you get! So fast!

I hope I am able to deal with things appropriately as my SSDI review inches closer and closer. I am scared I won't be approved for the second time. I will prepare for either, by getting some skills. We'll see.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Bittersweet month. Hope it ends out ok weatherwise with hurricane season

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good evening all,

I have a bad dose of the flu, I have a pain in my head from coughing. Thank goodness that I do not smoke any more as it would be way worse. I have lots of writing and stuff to do for college which I hope I will get done on Saturday and Sunday. I enjoy college, it takes my mind off things and it's fun to meet new people and learn new things.

I hope you all have a great month, the countdown to christmas will be here soon!

6. DrownedFishOnFire

Good shift at work. :p

7. DrownedFishOnFire

Just saw advertisement for a 24 hour gym....9.95.....too good to be true i am unsure about them!

8. Petal

Good evening,

I hope you are all having a good day. The flu is giving me a bad dose but i'm fine otherwise. Going to do the college work tomorrow, i will probably be less sick-er then.

9. lightbeam

Just wanted to drop a line!

I hope you feel better Lynn!

Drowned, I hope we don't have a horrible backlash weather wise...

10. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Back from the Grand Canyon. Wonderful trip with my friend (I guess I have friends, here and irl).

Petal, I'm glad to see you like college.

Witty, I am glad that you are trying to cut out negative influences. We all should do that.

Home now. Kind of trying to get my act together. I have been home about 12 hours. Fall is here as well as the Canyon.

11. Mr Stewart

good afternoon everybody,

awful cold here the past couple days but forecast to be warm again tomorrow and even moreso in the coming week. pretty quiet at work today.

12. Petal

Boy was I wrong! I'm dying with the flu, my head hurts from coughing, I have a fever. Feeling terrible o_O

13. DrownedFishOnFire

Petal...

Sending homemade Chicken soup and honey your way....

Feel better soon!

14. Mr Stewart

oh man, getting up out of bed this morning was a struggle of monolithic proportions. called in to work to say i'd be late and managed to get there an hour after i was scheduled to. oh well. i did make it and did not call in sick, so small victory on that.

15. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Coming down off the vacation high to reality. Starting to feel down and lost.

16. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Coming down off the vacation high to reality. Starting to feel down and lost.

17. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Cymbele, glad you enjoyed the Grand Canyon. I went there many, many years ago. Actually did the raft trip down it. Guided of course. It is such an awesome place. Believe it or not, one the first people to see it wrote that it was the kind of place no one would ever want to come to. lol.

18. Mr Stewart

I'm not a big fan of travel but the grand canyon is definitely something I would like to see in person some day. :)

19. lightbeam

The Grand Canyon sounds so nice. I wish I could travel. It sounds fun!

20. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Hai guys!

Oh wow, all of you guys should definitely go there when you have the opportunity. It sure is beautiful both from the top and the bottom.

Really derped up today. Wedged a milkshake (with the top on) between my legs and backpack. Zoomed around a corner in my electrical device and it ended up spilling all over my trousers, the computer (on a shelf hanging from my seat) and the floor. A whole flock of people came running with toilet paper, paper towels and wipes and helped clean up the whole mess. The library caretaker was very nice about it and said not much excitement happened in there like that; think he secretly enjoyed having something to do. 5 minutes later set got ripped out and I managed to both slice and puncture my thumb with the needle. :p

Exciting today, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.