Jim's cafe Saturday 13th June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to cafe and to the weekend!!! Hopefully everyone is doing relatively good and if not there is plenty of support to be found on the forums plus in chat :)

1592014529243.png 1592014571681.png 1592014606560.png

So for today's cafe theme, I want to know what you all got up to on your best nights out clubbing or doing whatever, whatever goes within the light hearted cafe spirit. Best jokes that were made? Funny stories. Drinks. Games etc... but please keep it pg13 of course :)

Tell us your crazy stories of fun nights out and what made them memorable and special to you, I'm talking about those nights you'd love to re-live if you could :)

EDIT: ADDING SOME QUESTIONS AS PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE THOSE!!

What Did You Think Was Cool Then, When You Were Young But Isn’t Cool Now?

What Is The Most Unprofessional Thing You’ve Seen Someone Do?

What Is Something That Most People Learn Only After It’s Too Late?

If You Could Write One New Law That Everyone Had To Obey, What Law Would You Create?

What’s A Movie You Can Practically Quote From Start To Finish?

Last edited:

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening the cafe @BlackOpium

I'll paint the picture for you
This ⬇ is my idea of a fun a night:
1592016136337.png

Now there was one night in to remember that involved much questioning on whether one could walk or not, but we won't go into those details. That night was pretty great. HA.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening the cafe @BlackOpium

I'll paint the picture for you
This ⬇ is my idea of a fun a night:
View attachment 34223

Now there was one night in to remember that involved much questioning on whether one could walk or not, but we won't go into those details. That night was pretty great. HA.
LOL That is a great night in my eyes too :D Glad you had such a great night that night, some fun is needed in this life too :D

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
haiii ^^

Crossword Puzzle :D

My friends. They delayed their work project even during submission day and dare to enter the classroom 2 hours later but they got kicked out. My teacher was pissed.

To be kind to one another.

If You Could Write One New Law That Everyone Had To Obey, What Law Would You Create?
Go fucks yourselfs.

Not Movie but TV show apparently ^^

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
So for today's cafe theme, I want to know what you all got up to on your best nights out clubbing or doing whatever, whatever goes within the light hearted cafe spirit. Best jokes that were made? Funny stories. Drinks. Games etc... but please keep it pg13 of course :)

Tell us your crazy stories of fun nights out and what made them memorable and special to you, I'm talking about those nights you'd love to re-live if you could :)
A night I can think of was (IIRC) one of the last parties I went to with my rugby teammates. It was at a house where a few of the guys lived, about a mile and a half from my house, so I walked there. We just hung out, drank a lot, had a bonfire, had the neighbors complain a ton about our noise... I think some of the guys might have tried to wrestle each other at some point, but my memory of the night is a little foggy. Normally I leave parties really early, but this time there weren't a bunch of random people I didn't know showing up and it wasn't crowded, so I stayed the whole time. They let me stay overnight and sleep it off because they didn't want me trying to find my way home in the state I was in (and the whole area including that neighborhood and mine isn't the greatest place to be out in at night.) I think I might still have one or two of the tabs from the cans of beer I drank that night sitting on my dresser. Wasn't a rager or anything, but that's not my scene.

Can only really think of an answer for the last question and even my answer to that doesn't technically match the question 100%
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog, although it's technically not a movie but a three-part web series and is only like 42 minutes long.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
What Did You Think Was Cool Then, When You Were Young But Isn’t Cool Now? Those old model rockets we sent up as kids. Shit, I was a nerd, still am, just without the smarts, high IQ, etc. :)

What Is The Most Unprofessional Thing You’ve Seen Someone Do? Must self edit. LOL

What Is Something That Most People Learn Only After It’s Too Late? To enjoy their time on Earth. I still haven't and admit, that is one of the few things that has me asking why stay?

If You Could Write One New Law That Everyone Had To Obey, What Law Would You Create? Send me, wine, women, song and lots of bucks, that is spelled with a B and not an F.

What’s A Movie You Can Practically Quote From Start To Finish? Way too many. But first up would be Serenity(2005) and Used Cars(1980) or so.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Lol I don't think I have any best nights or funny stories...I'm pretty boring like that. But maybe I will in the future.

What Did You Think Was Cool Then, When You Were Young But Isn’t Cool Now? Pogs? lol

What Is The Most Unprofessional Thing You’ve Seen Someone Do? Just people acting rude for no reason.

What Is Something That Most People Learn Only After It’s Too Late? To appreciate the people in their lives while they are there.

If You Could Write One New Law That Everyone Had To Obey, What Law Would You Create? For everyone to treat one another with respect and kindness.

What’s A Movie You Can Practically Quote From Start To Finish? I've seen a lot of movies, not sure if I can recall that many quotes specifically.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
What Did You Think Was Cool Then, When You Were Young But Isn’t Cool Now? Pogs? lol
Wow, I'd forgotten about Pogs. I was really young when they were a thing, but my sister and I had a small collection of them. We never actually played the game, but we liked getting them from places. I feel like I remember getting some from the Pepperidge Farm outlet store we used to go to.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I haven't watched much of his stuff but maybe I should.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, screenwriter or so for the movie and creator of the TV series BtVS, Angel, Firefly/Serenity. Dollhouse was not as much fun but not bad. I love the online tests for Firefly(my favorite) and which character you fit, it shows me as Shepherd Book, a kick ass guy who was a preacher but knew tons about crime, military, could kick most everybody's ass... I kind of like that.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
i’m sitting here trying to figure out where page 13 is BlackOpium. i mean, really i didn’t know what to do. got stuck here with this for a few minutes! such things come with age i guess and or comes with being me. but who really knows? i would also like to know what clubbing is because though i’ve heard the term, i’m certain i never did it. i’m afraid to say i did not do any whatever either.😕🙁☹️😢😭

now for some questions. i’m afraid i will be failing this pop quiz.

anyway...

obeying the rules? or is it breaking the rules? not sure which. idk. is either really cool? was either ever cool? if not that then maybe using a water bed, but i never did and never would. hmm, ok, how about wearing a pink huk a poo shirt circa 1970. ok i’ll admit to it. but please don’t tell anyone. fortunately there are no pictures (left).

i did not see this happen but i read the review of a dentist who - not surprisingly - was doing some work in someone’s mouth when he dropped the tool on the floor, picked it up and wiped it on his jacket and attempted to put it back in the patients mouth and got angry at the patient when she objected. we were just talking about dentist horror stories here and still fresh in my mind is my own experience, so even though not about a professional because he was a student, hopefully he is in prison now and still not a professional. but i think the story counts anyway. it was at a university dental school and he was taking an impression of my teeth but did not know how to do it and shoved the stuff nearly half way down my throat where it would have solidified had i not begun dying. i am lucky to be alive.

don’t fold your laundry neatly at the laundromat and then put it carefully into a pillowcase if you have a long way to walk home in van nuys, california - especially if you have left over powder detergent in a small brown paper bag. everyone learns this right?

definitely not my idea but it should be enacted! and i would be happy to be the one to enact it. to this day i still think of it with delight. it was actually in a woody allen movie but it is a right and great idea. everyone has to wear their underwear on the outside!

a christmas carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00