Jim's Cafe September 2015

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by DrownedFishOnFire, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What is your hopes for this month of September?

Mine is to get more things for the future apartment and find the perfect apartment.

2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Morning SF and welcomes to month of September.

One of my pet geckos died last month due to congenital disorder, so goal for September is to find a new inhabitant for the now empty tank. The tentative plan is to get a corn snake. Never had a snake before. Really excited to add one to my little animal menagerie here. :)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My plan for september was to give up cigarettes before my course, I did do that already, i'm off them 2 months. In 3 weeks I will be starting college, i'm nervous and scared at the same time lol I also want to be reduced on some medications.

Hope you all have great plans for september and they work out :)

4. DrownedFishOnFire

Wow corn snakes are very colorful and good luck Petal in school!

5. DrownedFishOnFire

Why isnt this a sticky yet?

6. Flaxney

Flaxney Well-Known Member

I would like to gain an understanding of the fundamental concepts of statistics analysis.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

Day 4....and this is not a sticky yet? Happy Friday for everybody!

8. Petal

Sorry for the delay, I have just made this thread a sticky.

9. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Hullo and good morning everyone! Hoping to stick to my course projects and readings without slipping up, as per usual, and doing more volunteering.

10. Mr Stewart

Brrrr! Cold and raining like crazy here.

Home from work now and having a snack. Labour Day long weekend this week so I have Monday off. That'll be nice.

Welcomes to Flaxney and Flying Fox. :)

2 people like this.
  11. Petal

I had a great 21-hour sleep, literally lol

Plan to read today and take it easy as my foot is still sprained.

Have a good day all and remember to be kind to yourselves :)

12. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo everyone. Didn't see the thread until today. I was too lazy to scroll down. Going to start drinking 2 protein shakes a day, and have a sensible salad dinner. We'll see if I can get this weight loss moving. I am 227, and want to get down to 200 before the end of the year. Right now, mah belleh is still round. I am going to start riding the bike before the shakes are made.

I got the protein shake canisters from Amazon yesterday (Cake Donut, and Mocha Cappuccino). Each are 2 pounds. I will get my first taste of them later today.

2 people like this.
  13. Petal

My sprained foot is giving me a lot of trouble. It sucks :(

No sleeping tonight for sure, i'm anxious, just had a panic attack and phoned the samaritans which were extremely helpful. Great folks, those are :)

14. Mr Stewart

tentative new pet news- I may be getting a kenyan sand boa instead of originally planned corn snake. there is a new reptile shop that opened last year in my city. looked at their facebook page and noticed they had sand boas available. always wanted one as a pet but they are a little hard to find unless you go to a reptile expo or something like that. i never go to the expos because the crowds and noise give me anxiety. anyway, kenyan sand boas are a very short desert snake species. about 2 foot long as adults. they like to burrow and make tunnels.

15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Went to a fair yesterday, that was fun. Still way too hot here, hope the humidity ceases soon.

16. DrownedFishOnFire

It feels like a true summer now with heat eveloping me everytime I step outside. Love it when I walk outside and am hit with heat then walk in and hit with goosebump worthy cold air.... extremes....

17. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Hello all. Labor Day here in the USA. Just came back from a weekend at the beach. Went with friends. Felt wanted and not like a 3rd wheel to a couple. Went swimming for the last time this year. Great time.

18. DrownedFishOnFire

Worst shift from h e double hockey sticks this morning.....and my next shift is in few hours..... Oy vey

19. Mr Stewart

morning SF,

day off and no particular plans. just need to do some tidying and cleaning around the apartment. maybe will watch a movie or something.

20. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I am working on things. Studying, and learning. It's going good.

Hoping you all have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.