Jim's Cafe Sunday 13th December ✨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey lovely SF'ers. There were some lovely SF'ers patiently awaiting a cafe today ;) so cafe granted!!! 👼👍

How are you all doing today? Please let us know how your weekend is going for you and your plans for the week ahead!!! 🎅💓😂

I think its the perfect time now for this classic!!

1607879407288.png 1607879420351.png 1607879447418.png

Some questions for my fave people in the world, I love reading ye're answers, always very enjoyable ❤🌈

1. What historical moment stands out most in your memory?
  2. What did you find most difficult about growing up?
  3. Were your parents strict or lenient?
  4. Do you remember your grandparents or great-grandparents? What were they like?
  5. If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
  1. What historical moment stands out most in your memory? Probably 9/11.
  2. What did you find most difficult about growing up? Being an outcast and bullied.
  3. Were your parents strict or lenient? Lenient I would say. I never acted out so I didn't have to be grounded or anything.
  4. Do you remember your grandparents or great-grandparents? What were they like? My great-grandparents died when my mom was still a kid, but it would have been nice to know them. My grandma was a kind and caring person, but she died when I was young. My grandpa was hard to get close to, but I had him around for most of my life.
  5. If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be? To be more motivated.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
hey @Champagne thanks for this Sundé Café!

First i’m excited (still) because of my yesterday walk in the park. i’m always finding something unexpected or at least noteworthy there and this was maybe the biggest surprise yet! in NYC? never realized... IMG_20201212_125311.jpg
blurry picture, i know but i was not about to take a few steps closer! as is, it was the closest i’ve ever gotten to a skunk. Such an amazing looking creature.

I’ll be back in a few to tackle the Qs. See you soon Champagne and everyone...
🌞🌞🌞

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Ty for tagging me @Champagne & for opening the cafe :) I'm so so today, trying not to worry about some physical pain and hoping it is over now. Feeling pretty listless and unmotivated but if I can eat normally again today then hopefully that will improve too.

What historical moment stands out most in your memory?
9/11, was just such a surreal day.

What did you find most difficult about growing up?
Managing the extreme, intense level of passion and curiosity I had about so many things and having no one most of the time to talk to about it at all. I had so many questions and ideas about so many things so to try to constantly contain that was very tiring. Thank god I could at least talk to my uncle 2 times a month when I was free to go to my mom's every second weekend. That was definitely the only true "break" I got from age 11-14 anyway. Once I was free from my wicked, pure evil stepmother then it was at least better.

Were your parents strict or lenient?
Lenient for the most part. Pretty sure they never "worried" about me cos they were just too wrapped up in their own stuff.

Do you remember your grandparents or great-grandparents? What were they like?
Have 1 grand-dad who's still alive but don't see very often cos he lives about 4 hrs away, same with 1 of my 2 grandmothers.
My other grandma is still alive but I don't see or talk to her much at all. Met my great-grandparents but when I was a little kid so don't really remember them.

If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be?
If it could be anything at all without limits then I'd say to have a million dollars cos then I'd never need anyone for anything ever again.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
  1. Thank you @Champagne *hug
  2. What historical moment stands out most in your memory?. -------All the big ones.. WW2, Nazi Germany, Martin Luther King..
  3. What did you find most difficult about growing up? ----- Being alone..no guidance..forgotten.
  4. Were your parents strict or lenient? -----They were neglectful. We were left to our own devices. They weren't home much. I barely graduated. My education is terrible. I didnt learn how to do basic math stuff like fractions until college.. Neglectful. I had help from teachers on basic stuff like hygiene or girl health stuff . or from books.
  5. Do you remember your grandparents or great-grandparents? What were they like? ------- my grandpa was cool. Grandpa was a clocksmith/ musicteacher. He had a shop in the garage and was always repairing instruments and clocks. Their house always smelled like rosin and wood and grease. Lots of instruments and clocks. When it turned 12 o clock in the garage it was loud lol! They died when I was 14 though.
  6. If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be? ----- have a decent career that pays 30k a year. Or more. Escape minimum wage work. I want it so bad... I'm saving money. But I have no "computer skills" like touch typing or Microsoft office. Im not skilled enough tor them.. No one gives me a chance in interviews. Everyone wants a bachelors degree. or 2 years experience doing the thing first. For "entry level" High schoolers have more experience than me.. They had a good start at life.
  7. I'm trying to teach myself those things online. But I'm soo busy caregiving and working...

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good Sunday/Monday. 🖤 *hug
🍵 2021 is almost here! Good riddance! Stay Safe! 😷

Last edited:

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter

First i’m excited (still) because of my yesterday walk in the park. i’m always finding something unexpected or at least noteworthy there and this was maybe the biggest surprise yet! in NYC? never realized... View attachment 41110
blurry picture, i know but i was not about to take a few steps closer! as is, it was the closest i’ve ever gotten to a skunk. Such an amazing looking creature.

🌞🌞🌞
Ahh! Smelly Cutie! 👁🖤

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
1) historical event 9/11. I also remember the big event when all the stars came together to sing for AIDs. I forgot what it was called though.

2) most difficult was alcoholism, drug addiction and violence in my family.

3) lenient

4) yes, my mothers father was a joker and a roofer. They also owned a candy store in the Bronx a very long time ago. My grandmother knitted and liked me. Taught me how to do word searches. I liked her too. My fathers father committed suicide as did my foster father sadly.

5) I wouldnt have worked in the bars and went for a state job, better security.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter

First i’m excited (still) because of my yesterday walk in the park. i’m always finding something unexpected or at least noteworthy there and this was maybe the biggest surprise yet! in NYC? never realized... View attachment 41110

🌞🌞🌞
So cute...you made a new friend D. I used to feed them fruit when I lived at the apartment. I did on the sly because I suspect my neighbors would have a fit 🤣

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
i hate to say it but i love this one!!! 1607886692857.png i’m still working on a puzzle...

now, i wonder if i can answer the questions...

1. What historical moment stands out most in your memory? Woodstock! me/Woodstock!!!
  2. What did you find most difficult about growing up? growing up!
  3. Were your parents strict or lenient? one might say lenient but most important was their lack of parenting skills. they mainly wanted their own dreams, aspirations, politics, etc first and foremost kind of demanding that their children live up to parents’ dreams and expectations without regard to their children’s needs - prime example was they needed me to be in the school orchestra so i’d grow up to be a famous violinist however i had a reading difficulty that is firmly still with me which a required remedial reading class might have helped, yet they complained to the school and demanded that i be in the orchestra. that in a sense is strict in a very unrealistic way. they ended up with an poor reader who dropped out of the orchestra in 3 years.
  4. Do you remember your grandparents or great-grandparents? What were they like? my mother’s father was the violinist in the family. he was kind of cruel and not too nice to me during violin lessons and to my sister because he was the main sexual abuser in the family! my grandmother (father’s side) hated him. she may have known what was going on. Both of them lived to be about 80 (when i was in my early teens). by appearances you’d think everything was fine. i also have a vague memory of my maternal grandmother from when i was 2. that must have been shortly before she died. that’s about it.
  5. If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be? does everything count as one thing?

KA9

Gone with the wind
My reply isn't gonna be very fun but it's interesting that these are the topics you brought up. My grandmother died on Thursday and I'm dealing with the fallout, including trying to figure what the hell was my childhood actually like, as she was the one mostly raising me and I've been trying not to think about the past since I've moved out. So... More in a new thread maybe, when I'll get around to it.

As for a historical moment... The collapse of the Eastern bloc comes to mind, as that's where I am from and still had a chance to (barely) experience it.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Thank you @Champagne for opening the cafe and inviting me.

2. My first political memory is of the 1976 election. My dad wanted Gerald Ford, the vice president of Nixon, to win the election. Instead Jimmy Carter won.
  3. What did you find most difficult about growing up?
  4. I was a loser in school. I was bullied in school and mentally abused at home. My life growing up was hell.
  5. Were your parents strict or lenient?
  6. My father did not allow my sisters to wear white shoes.
  7. Do you remember your grandparents or great-grandparents? What were they like?
  8. My parents were ex-communicated from their church. That meant they could not even eat at the same table as their parents. I never knew my great grandparents, I only met my paternal grandfather one time, shortly before he died of throat cancer from chewing tobacco. I met my maternal grandfather several times but he was not friendly to children.
  9. If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be?
  10. Right now I am eating bleu cheese stuffed olives, drinking Breaker bourbon that has been aged 5 years, and watching Netflix after I post this. I would not change one thing.

Legate Lanius

Thx 4 the inv.
  2. What did you find most difficult about growing up?
  3. Were your parents strict or lenient?
  4. Do you remember your grandparents or great-grandparents? What were they like?
  5. If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be?
1. Some terrorist attacks, USA v North Korea, I've never been that into what happens in the world hehe. If we're talking about events before I was born I guess ww2.

2. I haven't grown up, 22 and a complete failure to launch. Guess I'm mature in some ways, maybe even more than most my age but not when it comes to job, social life and mental stability. Talked to my parents about it again today, they are very supportive and I'm very grateful since if they were another set of parents I'd probably be dying of dehydration on the streets/ stealing for my survival.

3. Not sure if you could describe it by any of those two terms at all, or anything in between. They didn't want me to do dangerous stuff, of course. They did try to get me to start doing sports or other activities but I would just panic and cry and quit, which is what I do now as an adult male as well. It's tough to see what they could have done differently, my genetics are just so fucking neurotic that I think it's impossible to raise me in a good way.

4. 3/4 of my grandparents are alive, all my great ones are dead and I met one or two before I started forming memories. All of them are better than me at everything except for reaching the conclusion that having children is immoral. I know I have a skewed perspective on that since I am such a failure but I should also be able to make conclusions about morality even if I'm too weak for this society.

5. Realistically, accept my situation and fix sleep/exercise without revving up the adrenaline and psyching myself out of it by getting stressed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00