• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe Sunday 6th December 🤗

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey cafe folks, hope y'all are enjoying the weekend, its nearing an end but let's make the most of what's left of it, here's some drinks to chill out with on a dull, boring Sunday, which would you choose to drink? So what was the highlight of your week? Do share ;)

1607214524675.png 1607214543995.png 1607214560798.png

Here are some interesting facts about humans 😂

Earwax is actually a type of sweat!

The tongue is covered in about 8,000 taste-buds, each containing up to 100 cells helping you taste your food!

You produce about 40,000 liters of spit in your lifetime. Or to put it another way, enough spit to fill around five hundred bathtubs – yuck!

The only muscle that never tires is the heart.

1607215060003.png 1607215071779.png

What emotion do you experience the most

What is one childhood superstition or fear you've never told anyone?

If you could do anything for the rest of your life, what would it be?

If you could re-do one day in your life, what would it be and why?

What was your high school experience like?

When are you happiest?

Last edited:

KM76710

SWCA3110-SWHF625
SF Supporter

Apathy.

None that I can remember.

Sleep late, eat well and do as little as possible telling others I can't do something because I am already busy doing nothing.

The day my mom died so that I could have been there with her.

Bored loner here with a few associates and not much time spent with anybody or anything to do with school except on premises there.

When are you happiest?

I am never really happy, but the plus is I am never really sad.

Legate Lanius

Will spend less time online, afk 4 a few months
Thanks for the invitation, my weekends are the same as my weekdays unfortunately, but whatever.
Oh, it does. It really does.
Frustration.
N/A
Can't think of anything.
Any one day from the ages 12-16, I'd make sure to get a girlfriend when I could.
Like everyone else's aside from the sex, partying and fun. Also, apathy and started to contemplate suicide.
When are you happiest?
Probably sleeping, since during unconsciousness the state of mind is neutral instead of showing numbers in the red.

Last edited:

Dante

Took 5 years to learn how to make a custom title.
SF Supporter
Hey cafe folks, hope y'all are enjoying the weekend, its nearing an end but let's make the most of what's left of it, here's some drinks to chill out with on a dull, boring Sunday, which would you choose to drink? So what was the highlight of your week? Do share ;)
That fruit drink looked nice, and the highlight of my week.... nothing really stood out as great, I suppose a funny comment on SF that made me laugh...
View attachment 40819

The tongue is covered in about 8,000 taste-buds, each containing up to 100 cells helping you taste your food!

You produce about 40,000 liters of spit in your lifetime. Or to put it another way, enough spit to fill around five hundred bathtubs – yuck!

Here are some interesting responses to those facts

Earwax was used in medieval times as a component in pigments used for illustrated manuscripts (those beautiful pictures in ancient books? Yup, they contain earwax)

The majority of your sense of taste does NOT come from the tongue, but from the nose, thats why when you have a blocked nose you cant taste much.

Assuming an 80 year lifespan the average person sheds about 320 kilos of skin in their lifetime.

Your diaphragm doesn't tire out does it? I know it does if you breath too quickly for too long, but your heart tires out if it beats too quickly for too long too.

View attachment 40822 - Nothing is impossible? Then the next time you have surgery, dare the doctor to do it with a ladle, its not IMPOSSIBLE :P

View attachment 40823 youtube.com/watch?v=L5inD4XWz4U&ab_channel=TomSka

Top 3:
1) Frustration
2) Anger
3) Fear

I watched this fucked up episode of some cartoon late one night, i have no idea to this day what that show was, some kid paranormal detective with i think an owl friend? IDK, anyway, in this episode rings were being sent to people in the mail, and when people put on the ring, their hand would shrivel up and they would get dragged off as if their hand was pulled by an invisible force to a statue of a hand with a letterbox-type hole in the base, their hand would be pulled in a chopped off never to be seen again, the main character investigates etc, anyway, at the end of the episode the main character's mum gets a ring and the main character figures out just in time that she has to voluntarily put her hand in the slot to break the curse and keep her hand, she does this and then ALL THE BLOODY MUMIFIED HANDS THAT HAD BEEN CUT OFF FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG COME CRAWLING OUT OF THE STATUE!!! Even the statue itself comes to life and crawls off!

I MEAN WTF??

I was afraid for years that severed hands would enter my bedroom whilst I slept and put one of those rings on my finger and my hand would get cut off! I would sleep grasping my bedsheets tight with both hands so nothing could put a ring on my finger! That was one FUCKED UP KIDS SHOW!

Sticking to things I'm relatively sure I could probably do to a good standard given enough practice, probably wood-working, its been a mild fantasy of mine for years, if I ever got enough money to never have to work, I would make (good) furniture and sell it to pass the time.

First time someone tried to bully me at secondary school. I would put that fucker down, send a message.

Crap. I was bullied relentlessly, no matter what consequences I made for them, even when I got so good at fighting they didnt stand a chance they just switched to psychological tactics.

When are you happiest?
When I'm being silly I suppose.

Legate Lanius

Will spend less time online, afk 4 a few months
Frustration gang.
even when I got so good at fighting they didnt stand a chance
Facing several attackers would be a problem for extremely good fighters, even, you can't go to the ground and basically have to be able to put them to sleep before someone manages to grab you. If they grab you and they are two or three guys, it's over.

Anonymous ID

View attachment 40819 View attachment 40820 View attachment 40821

View attachment 40822 View attachment 40823

When are you happiest?
1. Sadness
2. I have a fear of being touched by another person in any way. It gets lonely
3. Teach art to children. Children are so easily fascinated by what I do and it makes me feel better about myself
4. The day I was brought back to life. I wouldn't wanna put the people I love through that again. I regret doing it
5. I was the class clown in the popular group. I have become the complete opposite since remembering past trauma and becoming bipolar

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thank you @Champagne for opening the café. I'll give the questions a go.

What emotion do you experience the most? - Anxiety

What is one childhood superstition or fear you've never told anyone? - I don't like little bugs. Creepy crawlies. Especially if I see them when I'm going to sleep, cause they might lay eggs in my ears!!!

If you could do anything for the rest of your life, what would it be? - If money was no object, I would do more crafting projects and such.

If you could re-do one day in your life, what would it be and why? - I would redo the day I hurt my friends. I regret a lot of things in my life, but I regret that day that most.

What was your high school experience like? - You couldn't pay me enough to go back

When are you happiest? - Laughing with my friend

StrangeRanger

Howdy Cafe friends, thank you so much for the tag & interesting facts @Champagne. I've been away for a little due to some complicated symptoms I've been having... Hope everyones been okay, I haven't had too much of a highlight this week unfortunately. 🙏

I'm usually in a very introspective mindset, it's hard to pinpoint an exact mood. I do know I really try not to worry all the time. My boyfriend thinks I'm a bit too solemn & cynical sometimes.

I didn't really have many superstitions as a child until I reached my early teenage years. I never told anyone my fear of wide open space. I'm not afraid of such things anymore lol. I couldn't even tell you what brought it on, I was a weird & very sheltered child.. I was even scared of butterflies for no apparent reason at all at a small point 😂🦋

Probably do a lot of exploring, I have a lot of wanderlust. I couldn't imagine staying in one place if I had that option 🌃🌄🌉🌌

There are a few I ponder for this, I really can't think of a particular day for this one, theres been a lot of negative.

Oh, not good. It was in the. Beginning butnit progressively got worse.. I started dealing with slight prejudice here & there. Both years I was attending I was sexually assaulted.. I got pulled out of school & didn't get much of a chance after that.. Definitely not my go to nostalgia...

When are you happiest?

I'm happiest when I'm able to truly be myself & when my hard work/attempts are noticed I suppose. Sometimes I'm happiest with just a day alone with music or just a day with my significant other & dog brings a sense of joy as well. ☕🌈

Last edited:

Fear, doubt, depression, suicidal thoughts.

No superstitions, have always had a slight fear of heights.

Be content with my life, where I am, what I’m doing, what I have, who I’m with, who I am.

“Choices ... We cannot go back. That’s why it’s hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible.”
“ Every path is the right path. Everything could've been anything else. And it would have just as much meaning.” ― Mr. Nobody

“That’s what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age” (Wooderson, “Dazed and Confused”)

When are you happiest?

When I'm enlightened everything is better.

Inya

babaya gayolera
The majority of your sense of taste does NOT come from the tongue, but from the nose, thats why when you have a blocked nose you cant taste much.
Interesting theory but i can't agree with it. Covid totally fucked up my sense of taste and smell. I still don't smell anything even if I stick a perfume bottle into my nose but I've got my taste back completely as before.
Or maybe it just doesn't apply to me.*dunno

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening the cafe and the tag @Champagne , and the interesting facts.

The highlight of my week was yesterday morning, I designed a small cabinet to house my lantern parts and tools. James Krenov and also the Shakers had a huge influence on my designs. I look forward to building the cabinet in the mornings before we start work this week.

I don't feel a lot of emotion. The only time I really feel emotion is when I get excited about a new project.

Never had a fear that I didn't talk about with someone.

I would build furniture on commission in the James Krenov style.

I am thinking about the days I would change and I can't pick just one.

I did very well in schools grade wise and terrible with the other students. My high school experience was a nightmare.

When are you happiest?
When I am building something out of wood or working on one of my lanterns.

Lane

SF Supporter
1) emotions. Self doubt, depression, acceptance

2) childhood fear. That whatever I was given would be taken away.

3) I'd create artwork and try to incorporate found objects, size wouldn't be an issue. I'd learn to use power tools also.

4) I dont know

5) I always felt a little bit alone but was social enough. There were cliques back then and I tried to just go into school in the morning and leave by noon to babysit, which I did 5 days a week. I did live in a grouo home for a year so that wasnt easy, but I remember wanting to try to do the activities that were offered like drama or cheerleading but not being or having the right situation to be involved. I do get together with my girlfriends from junior high after reconnecting.

6) happiest when not thinking about my past mistakes, maybe drawing and laughing with my daughter and sons. Or seeing something new and different

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
What emotion do you experience the most?
I think sadness, melancholia.

Not really superstitions, but I guess I have those little thoughts every day, and I think I'm not the only one : if I succeed at some random silly task (e.g. throwing something into the bin), it means I'll succeed in life or whatever. I don't really believe that of course (*cough*), but they're thoughts that cross my mind.
Fears, too many, and I have reasons not to tell them to anyone. :p

Listen to live music.

Edit : Meh. Read the question wrong. I hate my brain.

Books, books, books. Studying, crying over imperfect grades. Constant stress and anxiety. Not much else.

When are you happiest?
I don't know, it's a set of variables. I was when I lived in Sweden, that's all I know.

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

Renegade banshee
SF Supporter
What emotion do you experience the most?
Being sad and empty.

Not really sure. Afraid of the dark and still am.

Make movies and music.

Any time I spent with my grandma.

A bullied outcast, but some parts were OK.

When are you happiest?
Spending time with people I care about.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00