Jim's Cafe Sunday February 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Good morning fellow SF enthusiasts. I think we have all suffered from depression at one point or another, or most of us have. Some of us have recovered from that and are here to help people that are suffereing, others of us are in the midst of depression now. It is winter now in the Northern United States, cold and snowy, hard to be outside, not a lot of sun, for most people depression is worse during winter. I say we lighten things up a little bit, have some fun today. I have some Black Velvet in my coffee, I have some chores to do today but most of the day will be spent relaxing. What are you doing today?

National Day today, Sunday February 7
1) National Fettucine Alfredo Day
2) National Periodic Table Day
3) National Send a Card to a Friend Day

I love Italian cooking, mostly pasta. I love boiling pasta, getting it to just the right tenderness. I have a beautiful set of red porcelain collanders to strain it, I bought them at a garage sale for $5. Fettucine Alfredo is one of my favorites.
Fettucine.jpg

i have always loved the periodic table, true geek squad material. I remember having to memorize it in high school, I thought it was great. I was very good at memorizing things in my younger years but now I forget a name in 2 minutes.

Periodic.jpg

I would send a card to a friend today but I don't have any. I used to sell cards as a little boy, walking around a 4 square mile block to knock on doors, a company that gave you prizes depending on how many boxes you sold. My dad would let me have the prizes; if it was cash he would have taken it.

Card.jpg

And now for some questions, have fun with them, enjoy your day.

• What would you name your boat if you had one? ...
  • What's the closest thing to real magic? ...
  • Who is the messiest person you know? ...
  • What will finally break the internet? ...
  • What's the most useless talent you have? ...
  • What would be on the gag reel of your life? .
@SillyOldBear @Blue Star @ItsJustLark @Chipetele @TreeShade17 @Citizen Insane @Megan. @Shadowlands @Patafikss @MsMurphy @Basura @Moose @justmeonlyme

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Parking lot church services then gas up the tank and a trip to the cash machine. Have NO plans to watch the super bowl. Just a bunch of over paid behemoths beating up on each other over a stupid ball.

• What would you name your boat if you had one? = the "Money Eater"
  • What's the closest thing to real magic? = actually getting a CoVid vaccine
  • Who is the messiest person you know? = a former friend of mine, last time a saw her, her house smelled like a barn because she did not clean at all, especially after her two dogs
  • What will finally break the internet? = foreign government hacking
  • What's the most useless talent you have? = over eating
  • What would be on the gag reel of your life? = my ENTIRE life

cymbele

SF Supporter
Hi All, My day off today and while I should put in some hours today (I work remote) I don't feel like doing it right now. I am recording my fav radio show right now and just puttering around the house.

• What would you name your boat if you had one? ... I have a kayak and I haven't named it but if I had a BIG boat I would have to come up with a name but since I may never have to cross that income line...
  • What's the closest thing to real magic? ...Tie between babies and sunsets
  • Who is the messiest person you know? ... I think I am nowadays
  • What will finally break the internet? ... Here in my area people are exceeding the 1.2 TERABYTE / month allotment from their service provider due to remote learning, work, and gaming. People are complaining on Facebook the overage charges and the breakdowns from the high demand.
  • What's the most useless talent you have? ... Dreaming up ideas because it is a struggle to make them reality
  • What would be on the gag reel of your life? . Too many incidents unfortunately

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening @MosesY.

So plans for the day are visit my mother-in-law and then watch the Super Bowl.. despite both the Steelers and the Rams not having made it...

What would you name your boat if you had one? ... Chickadee name of street lived on up in the mountains for over 20 years and yes we did have lots of Chickadees

What's the closest thing to real magic? ...Sunrises

Who is the messiest person you know? ... Me...I get lots of piles going and then have a big clean up but then can't find anything of course

What will finally break the internet? ... Pop up ads
iWhat's the most useless talent you have? ...ability to carry heavy things---was useful when worked in museums but now that have office job has become useless except when a four drawer lateral file cabinet fell on me while alone in the office...

What would be on the gag reel of your life? Seems there are weekly incidents....but on Friday as leaving work moving too fast caught my wedding band on a file cabinet and bent it so badly had to have it cut off yesterday...and can't be fixed without melting down with additional gold...

In honor of Friendship Day...thanks to you all...

freindship.jpg

tagging @Bergerac @pooky @Lane @Sunspots @1964 dodge @Were all together @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @Nick @Sunday16 @mpk @JMG @Shadowlands @Waves @Jayjay289 @Innocent Forever @Warriorden @Lara_C @FlamingoWrangler @Rockclimbinggirl @Lady Wolfshead @Were all together @Citizen Insane

Wishing all a wonderful Sunday and to all....

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hey @MosesY, thanks for opening the cafe and for the tag :)

I've just prepped all the veggies for a roast dinner tonight.
I bought a chainsaw yesterday so I'm just about to try it out. I've never used one before so I'm quite excited :)

What would you name your boat if you had one? ...
Our first boat was called Maya and I loved her so I think it would be Maya again.

What's the closest thing to real magic?
Sitting up on deck with a freshly brewed coffee watching the sun come up over the warm Mediterranean sea.

Who is the messiest person you know?
Both of my children's rooms were totally disgusting when they were growing up. My son has his own house now and his girlfriend is very good at making him keep things tidy. My daughter is still disgusting.

What will finally break the internet?
My son. He downloads so much there will soon be nothing left and he will use up the entire worlds bandwidth.

What's the most useless talent you have?
I have no talents, useless or otherwise.

What would be on the gag reel of your life?
Probably a whole lot of me tripping over air.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Snowing here. Went to gym, got some supplies and now making cauliflower bbq "wings" for the first time. Oh, dropped off about 7 pairs of jeans at Salvation Army.

1) boat would be The A Team. All my children start with the letter A.

2) real magic is how the world's creatures and plants are independent one one another

3) messiest, my friend E_____.

4) hackers?

5) probably doing makeup. If I had people to make-up then I could have some fun. 🤷‍♀️

6) mecstaring into space

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening Cafe @MosesY

What would you name your boat if you had one? ...
I would call it "Bob"

What's the closest thing to real magic? ...
The Wigner's Friend experiment, which has now been performed in real life, shows that 2 people can exist in conflicting realities whilst chatting to each other.

Who is the messiest person you know? ...
A guy I knew at University, he was SO DAMNED MESSY! I lived with him one year and he was a great guy but he just seemed to leave a mess wherever he went, even using the toilet he would leave a lasting arse-crack sweat-stain on the seat.

What will finally break the internet? ...
Nothing, anything shocking enough to do so would be instantly dismissed by most people as a conspiracy or fake news or something, people are too stupid... well... perhaps if a kitten somehow saved a life and was knighted by the queen... that might do it, but Norway knighted 3 penguins so far and no one seems to care.

What's the most useless talent you have? ...
The talent to only ever be interested in women who arent interested in me and Vice Versa.

What would be on the gag reel of your life? .
I honestly dont know.. im strangely drawing a blank...

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Thanks for opening Cafe @MosesY

I would call it "Bob"

The Wigner's Friend experiment, which has now been performed in real life, shows that 2 people can exist in conflicting realities whilst chatting to each other.

A guy I knew at University, he was SO DAMNED MESSY! I lived with him one year and he was a great guy but he just seemed to leave a mess wherever he went, even using the toilet he would leave a lasting arse-crack sweat-stain on the seat.

Nothing, anything shocking enough to do so would be instantly dismissed by most people as a conspiracy or fake news or something, people are too stupid... well... perhaps if a kitten somehow saved a life and was knighted by the queen... that might do it, but Norway knighted 3 penguins so far and no one seems to care.

The talent to only ever be interested in women who arent interested in me and Vice Versa.

I honestly dont know.. im strangely drawing a blank...
Norway knighted 3 penguins?! What's the story behind that?

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Watching the Puppy Bowl right now. That's about all I did today.

• What would you name your boat if you had one? ... Witty I guess? lol
  • What's the closest thing to real magic? ... True love
  • Who is the messiest person you know? ... A family friend
  • What will finally break the internet? ... People being idiotic
  • What's the most useless talent you have? ... Sleeping for long periods of time
  • What would be on the gag reel of your life? My whole life :D

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Norway knighted 3 penguins?! What's the story behind that?
Sir Nils Olav III is a Brigadier and the colonel-in-chief of the Norwegian Kings Guard, and he is a penguin who lives in Edinburgh zoo, the 3rd such penguin to hold a position in the Kings Guard, though I was mistaken before as I think he is actually the 1st one to be knighted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nils_Olav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00