• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's cafe Sunday October 25th

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi all, thought I'd start the cafe as I'm resting in bed and wanted to share 2 beautiful songs and ask some fun questions, hope you all are enjoying your day, take it easy, it is the day of rest *hug

I hope you enjoyed the songs, let us know what you think of them :)

Feel free to answer what you want and leave the rest! *hi5

What is a miracle that happens every day?

What is holding you back from being the person you want to be?

How have your strengths help you to succeed?

What are your biggest goals for your life?

What is the most uplifting thing happening in the world right now?

Last edited:

Legate Lanius

Try not to kill yourself 2020 challenge.
First time in my life that anyone asked me to join a social event, haha. Thanks for the invite.

Gonna get banned for my opinion so I'll just post this:

The Legion increases in strength and numbers.

Not wanting to be anything.

I have not succeeded.

1. Get a job. 2. Die.

Coffee and 80's jpop.

Thanks for opening the cafe and thanks for the invite @Champagne.

Birth.

Anxiety definitely. However, I think anxiety has changed me in a lot of beneficial ways as well.

Making a net positive impact on the world. Of course, I also have lofty dreams.

https://www.who.int/southeastasia/news/detail/11-09-2020-myanmar-eliminates-trachoma-who

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Hi all, thought I'd start the cafe as I'm resting in bed and wanted to share 2 beautiful songs and ask some fun questions, hope you all are enjoying your day, take it easy, it is the day of rest *hug

Thank you @Champagne for opening the cafe and inviting me.

I am going to fry some bacon and sausages on one of my camp stoves in my pre-1925 Wagner cast iron and do nothing the rest of the day. I am watching "Designated Survivor" on Netflix.

What is a miracle that happens every day? The birth of a child.

What is holding you back from being the person you want to be? Right now I am happy with the person I am.

How have your strengths help you to succeed? One of my strengths is patience. I wanted to be a cabinetmaker when I was a young child and my patience has been invaluable in that journey.

What are your biggest goals for your life? To help people.

What is the most uplifting thing happening in the world right now? In all the tragedies right now, earthquakes, forest fires, hurricanes, there are people who will go in and help people clean up the mess left behind.

extraterrestrialone

assembled words vs disjointed thought
SF Supporter
🌞 Hey @Champagne , You know I always love music. these songs are great. thanks. the day... its being kind of difficult though. i’ll try... i’ll do my best. these questions have thrown me deeply into thought. bear with me 🐻. i’ll try to keep it short....

🌞 war does not break out all over!
🌞 i wake up still with enough drive to keep on going even with
the disappointments.
🌞 the sky is still blue and i know it even on a grey day.
🌞 birds and flowers exist. ... just to name a few...

😱
rules, requirements, stigma, attitudes, age, danger... other people’s expectations ...again, just to name a few.

🌞 well, is being determined to succeed considered success? maybe this is my strength. i don’t know.
🙀 until there is a way to get around the items that hold me back that i mentioned in the previous answer, i remain as determined as ever and more so. but there are people and institutions and attitudes that stand in my way. they are actually imposing values on me as if they are right and i am wrong - which i’m not.

😱 they do not consider that my discomfort in this world is important enough for them to accept me as knowing what is right for me. they think i should take meds and be happy; or continue therapy and be happy, or maybe even just shut up!
😱 then, in therapy, i do not have an ally or a comrade. a therapist is only willing to help me do the things on my own. but actually having the knowledge that i am not all alone in the world, as me who i really am but have a true friend too, is still something that i have never achieved.
😱 i am alone and probably always will be. people insist i am wrong simply by the prevailing attitudes in the world in these times! yet, if i’m left to my own devices... if i have no one to turn to but myself... i’m told i’m still in the wrong and they go clutching as straws to name my disorders and will not make finding my own way an easy or permitable thing.
😱 they’d rather call me an ambulance and then kick me out of the hospital in one fell swoop as if this is somehow a remedy.
😱 so my strengths? being able to continue on even though i have no one significant on my side. i have zero support systems other than myself. all the significant ones rudely or politely have told me to **** off or to be someone else who they imagine me to be.
🌞 i will eventually reach my goal even though its really much too late in life now. sorry for this mini rant. its the best i could do in answering this question otherwise it would go on another 23 paragraphs easy.

🌞 to get the obstacles out of the way one way or another and take the necessary step finally.

🌞 that there are people who actually care and do their best to make little improvements for everyone however they can.

and 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I don't believe in literal miracles. But if you mean extraordinary, amazing things that I feel extremely lucky to experience, then, well, everything related to 'life' is one to me.

I can only be myself, I am not an actress.

I (like to) learn things every day, which are "successes" in themselves to me.

Finding peace.
Being a good person every day, to everyone.
Keep growing forever.

I don't know, I'm sure there are lots of things, because there are too many good people in the world.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Glorious day yesterday; then the dryer broke. While discouraging, if that's my only problem...

Resting and going on a short hike today. Maybe some crafting. That will complete my day.

I was going to say that I wake up but nowadays it is I wake up hopeful. My family is healthy - well one person has cancer but beating it - and that in itself is a small miracle.

I am happy to be the person I am.

Someone told me that I wasn't to have succeeded as much as I have. Just having the hope and drive have kept me going to get to where I am.

I don't have any goals. That is my recent problem.

Covid has people returning to family life and slwoing down. I think it has an up side.

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

§ Eclectic nutbag ©
SF Supporter
Just the fact that you're alive, because there will never be another you.

Self-doubt, anxiety, fear, low self-esteem, not having what I need at my disposal.

I don't use my strengths to succeed, but I should give that a try.

Fall in love, get married, have a family, make movies, record albums, write books.

The fact that this site is here and we're all supporting one another.

kat319

SF Supporter
What is a miracle that happens every day? I wake up determined to make it through another day.

What is holding you back from being the person you want to be? Fear, judgment from others.

How have your strengths help you to succeed? I don't like giving up. I am always willing to try one more time/thing.

What are your biggest goals for your life? Having peace of mind, overcoming depression and suicidal ideation, publishing a book, becoming a better pianist.

What is the most uplifting thing happening in the world right now? Communities coming together to help each other. Stories of everyday heroes.

the.end.ish

Misknown Member
Good morning Champagne and all,

I can't listen to the songs right now because my brain is groggy and noise is the enemy, but I will be back later to.

What is a miracle that happens every day? well, i wouldn't call it a miracle, but the fact that I wake up, work full time and maintain a relationship with a debilitating illness.

What is holding you back from being the person you want to be? debilitating illness. anxiety.

How have your strengths help you to succeed? yes.

What are your biggest goals for your life? mmm... a cure, but that's out of my hands. so... learning how to live with pain, finding something to mitigate pain. finding myself in the pain.

What is the most uplifting thing happening in the world right now? anything helping to save earth. progress, change, etc.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer
SF Supporter

- Caregiving.. financially being able to move out.. ptsd.. being avoidant..

- I'm good at customer service, I'm "sweet", and responsible, I make people laugh IRL..

- move to apartment,
- move to Oregon,
- get a career out of minimum wage,
- have cats,
- buy a small condo (700sqft) that I own (with patio space for my plants)
- find a love,
- enjoy life finally.. Someday

- my day off tomorrow.. Can't think about the world rn..

Thank you @Champagne *hug 🖤

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00