Jim's cafe Thursday 15th October 🤶🎅💓👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
A warm welcome to today's cafe. I'm hoping you're all doing well and enjoying the day or having a great sleep. Nothing beats a great sleep, eh? 👍

Thanks to everyone on SF for making it what it is for all of us. I am thankful to be here with you amazing people and hope you are as grateful for SF as I am, this forum really helps my anxiety. You all rock!
1602723327970.png 1602723337483.png

Today's theme is a PRE theme in the event I don't get to open the cafe on that day and someone else has it snapped up, sorry *shy :D

Christmas of course!!!! 🤶🎅👼❣

I love it, its the most amazing and special time of year for me anyway, it almost feels magical!! Definitely my most peaceful day of the year.

1602723552453.png 1602723562437.png 1602723593452.png

Have you started your Christmas shopping? (I want details...!)

What is your favourite Christmas movie?

What about Christmas really excites you? (Maybe the black day madness :D )

Who do you buy Christmas gifts for and who do you receive Christmas gifts from?

Do you think people go a bit too mad at Christmas time with the queues and rushing and all that?

Last edited:

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I wanted to inform everyone on a question that kept coming up in a previous cafe - day /(Jim’s!); on ✅ 👌 the Superboel & what it is: in case no bod y ever responded with an explanation—it’s the championship game for the most popular professional sport in America 🇺🇸 (North) by far! Sort of like the gold medal 🥇 game / match at the olympics, or the World Cup final(finale~>*•)... thing a ma jug—| & what sets it apart from the others, is that it is not a series (nest of; like best of 7 games - needing 4 to win), that and it’s head & shoulder’s above the rest of the competition in terms of dan base - make for an advertising / marketing, or marketers dream: wherein huge sums are put into the spots for said commercial s , which are often shit like mini movies, with an emphasis on creativity; cleverness, & whatever else they can conjure or drum up to creat fodder (?) & the water table / cooler the following morning or day! :| often celebrities r involved— etc. And many see it that done watch or aren’t regular fans of the sport or game anyway..;)
Hipe thus helps~*~•>|?!;)
And I hate Christmas 🎄 (it’s against my religion!)! ;^) ;D just kidding-I celebrate it 24/7, 365 & so on!(; :) —back: aftah diss! :D

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Have you started your Christmas shopping? (I want details...!) Long since done but I have only three I buy presents for or build presents for: my nephew and my two grand niece/great nieces whichever one the term is and those two are the fun ones being little children. I built the two of them a big doll house that they get to share, the thing is the size of a queen sized bed and almost large enough for them to play in instead of playing with dolls in it. LOL No, I do NOT spoil them. :)

What is your favourite Christmas movie? I am one who says Die Hard and Lethal Weapon, but I am a weirdo.

What about Christmas really excites you? (Maybe the black day madness :D ) Not much really does excite but the kids having fun is great to watch.

Who do you buy Christmas gifts for and who do you receive Christmas gifts from? Just the three above.

Do you think people go a bit too mad at Christmas time with the queues and rushing and all that? Too many do go off the rails which is sad.

this forum really helps my anxiety
Sorry that you have anxiety. I have social anxiety, but don't have it in non-social situations. You're welcome to say more about your anxiety if you'd like to. Hugs.

What about Christmas really excites you?
I like Christmas music, and seeing the decorations. I guess some people get competitive about Christmas decorations, but to me it seems like a way for people to express good will to others that they might not even know.

I like the concept of Christmas as a holiday of good will. I don't like the commercialization though, and I especially don't like how people feel under pressure to buy gifts that often just go to waste, and end up at each other throats.
Who do you buy Christmas gifts for
I like to buy presents for my little niece :)

She likes cards that play music when you open them, so I like to send her those.

Blue Star

I was thinking about putting up my Christmas tree yesterday lol. For reals. I had posted this meme in laugh faktory thread yesterday:

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 3.24.52 PM.png

https://www.suicideforum.com/community/threads/laugh-faktory.164137/page-12#post-2103156 (you gotta scroll down a bit to find)

Have you started your Christmas shopping? (I want details...!) I have not, unfortunately

What is your favourite Christmas movie? It's A Wonderful Life

What about Christmas really excites you? (Maybe the black day madness :D ) Just the Christmasy feeling in general. After all, it's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Who do you buy Christmas gifts for and who do you receive Christmas gifts from? Family members.

Do you think people go a bit too mad at Christmas time with the queues and rushing and all that? YES. God, yes.

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Thank you for opening & tagging us all yet again @Champagne, I hope to get some good sleep here soon hopefully. What a fun topic choice!! 🎄🎁

Yes I feel very obligated to... my sisters are very picky. Plus I have had to start shopping for my boyfriend as well, also very picky. I have a lot of anxiety so far gift wise... I picked a few knick knacks here & there but nothing definite yet.

I don't have one now unfortunately but growing up I was always fond of The Polar Express.

Not quite sure, I haven't had the best Christmas times. I do love giving to people though & a lot of the food around that time.

I get gifts for some of my family mainly, mom, dad, sisters... I get them for my boyfriend & his mother too. Sometimes friends but I never really get gifts in return from them.

Do you think people go a bit too mad at Christmas time with the queues and rushing and all that?

It depends for sure. I think people get caught up too much in the materialistic part of it all,I know a lot of people who care more about things than family. It makes me sad to see people get unappreciative with some of the stuff they recieve

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Champagne . i agree that SF is awesome and has many good members. and yes christmas is my favorite time of the year.

1. started christmas shopping : no probably start mid-november

2. favorite christmas movie : a christmas carol/scrooge all adaptations and years

3. what excites me about christmas : one being the holy time when jesus was born and the christmas spirit where most people have joy in their heart.

4. gifts : my kids and grandkids as well as close friends. although i do miss christmas when my kids were young we always tried to make their christmas special.

5. christmas madness : i think some people get carried away maxing credit cards pushing people around in the stores. i think christmas was much better and simpler in my day when i was a kid...mike

Dots

Misknown Member
Every time I get ready to join one cafe, another pops up. :P

Today's theme is a PRE theme in the event I don't get to open the cafe on that day and someone else has it snapped up, sorry *shy:D
Oh my, that's mighty preemptive Champagne. There's only one person I know of that prepares for Christmas this far in advance. Are you secretly one of the Clauses?

To be honest, I don't think I can get in the headspace of Christmas yet, pre-Halloween and pre-Thanksgiving. It's a sad time of year for me as I have yet to spend it with my fiance and won't get to this year.

Yes. Absolutely. However, last year was the first time I "hosted" Christmas and I can understand people wanting everything to be just so. Due to our circumstances, it was only me and my sister celebrating and I wanted to make sure it was special.

I once again consulted the Dollar Tree for some Christmas decor and well basically it ended up looking like something one of the Winchesters would have slapped together. I also attempted to prepare the meal. Props to my sister for smiling her way through it. I think sweet potato and some type of roast beef was involved.

This was all with me trying...

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Wow, Christmas already?? I used to love Christmas. Would get sooo excited. Loved having little children around opening presents and having the family over for Christmas dinner. The Christmas tree, everything. Ahh those were the days.

I haven’t, I would have in the past but I’ve not given it any thought yet.

Polar express and Muppets Christmas Carol

What about Christmas really excites you? (Maybe the black day madness 😁 )
I wouldn’t say excite, but just being together. Having my family around me. (Makes me cry just to think of it )

My three kids, parents, brother & sister. This year I have a friend as well, sort of, I think?? (Strange but true.) and a couple of people who have been amazing to me this year so I would like to get them something to say thank you.

Yes, sometimes, although I probably used to as well so I can’t judge. I don’t any more, scaled things back a lot and have made it more about being together and having each other. It’s far more important.

Take care everyone, have a great day. Thinking of you all. 😘😘 xx

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
No, I don't really need to do any shopping.

It's a Wonderful Life

The cool products that come out.

I don't buy or receive anything.

Yeah, that seems to happen on most holidays.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
A warm welcome to today's cafe. I'm hoping you're all doing well and enjoying the day or having a great sleep. Nothing beats a great sleep, eh? 👍
Nothing beats a great sleep.

Thanks to everyone on SF for making it what it is for all of us. I am thankful to be here with you amazing people and hope you are as grateful for SF as I am, this forum really helps my anxiety. You all rock!

Today's theme is a PRE theme in the event I don't get to open the cafe on that day and someone else has it snapped up, sorry *shy :D

I love it, its the most amazing and special time of year for me anyway, it almost feels magical!! Definitely my most peaceful day of the year.

I don't do Christmas shopping. Christmas was never a big deal when I was a child, it was a Holy day so no working. Most years we got an orange for Christmas but one year my mom bought a couple Tootsietoy Jeeps for us four boys, I don't know what the four girls got. These Jeeps are die cast steel with heavy plastic interior, nearly indestructible. Years later I looked for one on eBay and once I found out it was by Tootsietoy I was able to find many of them. I have two of them now, one pulling a cannon. This is my favorite Christmas memory.

Jeep.jpg

I think "Its a Wonderful Life" best captures the spirit of Christmas

I am going to have a week off between Christmas and New Years day, looking forward to fettling lanterns.

I might buy something for my friend this year, bottle of Green Apple Crown perhaps. I will not receive a gift from anyone. Kinda sad but that's how it is.

Black Friday is nuts. I avoid that shit at all costs. The spirit of Christmas is totally lost in all the spending, borrowing money to buy gifts and paying for it the rest of the year, I would be happy to get a hug from my daughter.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

View attachment 39227 View attachment 39228

View attachment 39229 View attachment 39230 View attachment 39231

I do Chanukah, not christmas.
Love getting presents for people.

emily91

I am also a fan of christmas time. I love it too

no, I'm on my own for christmas so don't really need to buy much and go over the top (maybe some decorations nearer the time, and some gifts for me from amazon) since I have no one else buying me anything

the muppet's christmas carol. I think it's such a fun movie to watch on christmas eve

What about Christmas really excites you?

the lights. I absolutely love christmas lights. sooo pretty

I don't buy christmas gifts for anyone. I don't have anyone to buy for- I am completely on my own this time of year.

usually, I don't get christmas gifts from anyone either (again, I don't know anyone, so who's their to buy me stuff), but this year someone I met online said he may email me a christmas ecard. I know it's not much but better than nothing. anything I want for myself will be coming from my own amazon account, and seeing as I don't have much money, I doubt too much- just a few little bits.

now on to today- I am having the confrence call I mentioned in another thread. not looking forward to it, honestly I am really bad on the phone (phobia) and my care team arn't great either, talking to them is like trying to talk to a brick wall

and nothing else really. think I might do sausages for dinner because, you know, they are yummy and stuff. :d

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for tagging me in the cafe today & yesterday too @Champagne :) Didn't check yesterday's yet but I will either after I post here or if I run outta time (need to be in bed right now really) then it will be later today. That's so sweet what you said about SF & I agree I am so grateful it is here too. Just knowing I'm not alone with sometimes feeling upset & overwhelmed with life definitely helps me feel less anxious also which is great.
Fun theme, here's my answers to the q's :)

Yup, finished it last month :) I only buy for 3 people though so it's pretty easy for me.
For my sis - Bought her a stuffed animal, some mystical card things and a couple books (she's VERY hard to buy for or else I woulda gotten more or better kinds of things)
Mom - Stuffed animal, watch, chocolate bar & a couple puzzles (also kinda hard to buy for lol)
Friend - Housecoat & watch (both things he needs, much easier to buy for so I enjoy getting things for him, he always seems very grateful too which is a great feeling)

The Santa Clause and Rudolph. Oh also Home Alone. Sorry hard to pick just 1 lol, I watch those ones every year.

Decorating, giving & getting presents & that people make more of an effort to be nicer.

Who I buy for - Mom, sis & friend. They buy for me too & I also get $ from my grandma & dad. I always give them cards but since I see them so rarely it feels fake to give them gifts. Also they aren't remotely sentimental & when I bought them gifts before I got a very strong impression that it meant absolutely nothing to them at all so I stopped years ago.

Yes, it can be very overwhelming for sure which is why I try to get the shopping part done months before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00