Jim's cafe - Thursday 17th January '19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
me hungry! I demand a copious amount of cookies!
Sure, just choose your order and I'll send a delivery :)
Oh, I got one that many people can relate to. One night during my college days, I had just finished typing my 20-page essay
Gosh... that's definitely relatable... I hope that ever happens again!
hmmm I’m running out of places to look.
That sounds way too like me. I hope you find it soon....... (((hugs)))
only the other day I was using the torch on my phone to look for my phone...
I feel like this is so common - we've all done this. Looking for the phone while we are on the phone and shit like that. We are all doing it, don't trip. It's not indicative of being "bright" at all, eh.
Definitely @bhawk we all do it...

@Kolisar @Winslow @Lara_C @Winter Blues @Ananda @Jasonpi @shadowrider @JDot

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
The normal everyday things I lose are my coat, bag, journal, shoes etc. Yup I know they're big....
Usually they're in the last place I look. If the last place is my bedroom it'll be there, if it's under the table in the kitchen, on/behind the couch, or in the right place like hanging up in the cloakroom or on the shoe rack.

The socks that the machines eat don't count for I think everyone's machines come with a sock eating monster inside that we aren't told about.

Come join us @Lifeisagift @betteroffunknown @GetOutOfMyMind @arbitrarybarry @Itsnotallgood @Jayjay289 @alice202 @andrea226 @FieryL @shattered dreams

Livelife

SF Supporter
I have reached a state where I am looking for something usually on a daily basis, mental state(lack of focus and distractibility to partially blame) ....hope that's the only reason. Recently I went to Thailand and one of the few things I purchased and was looking forward to having was a beautiful handmade paper red umbrella beautifully painted with peacocks and treated/waterproofed so that it could actually be used in the rain. I get off the plane in LA, run to the bathroom and leave it in the stall and don't realize it until I'm on the next plane to home. Called the airport security the next day....no umbrella turned in.......... So someone got a beautiful gift for the holidays......... @Innocent Forever I just read your post after I typed this.....how interesting......

Livelife

SF Supporter
thanks you guys for understanding my difficulties with simple technology.....another example of memory issue I guess ;)

I don't have an edit option on the post I just placed a few minutes ago......@Extraterrestrialone is who I meant to put in that sentence, not @Innocent Forever.

just for point of info.....why is it sometimes edit/delete option shows up in the bottom of the window and sometimes it doesn't.... it probably won't show up in this one either.......sigh......

Livelife

SF Supporter
*hysterical

Thanks for the tag @Innocent Forever!

I'm extremely forgetful but somehow I very rarely lose things. But I did lose one of my favourite - no, my favourite ever! - earring on a beach in Australia. I think it was called coral beach because the sand was quite pink. Anyway, I'm not even one for getting my hair wet but I went snorkelling with my earrings on *facepalm and must have lost it as I put it on or took it off. Still miffed to this day.
sorry I understand that it still miffs......25 years ago I was throwing a stick into the lake for my to fetch and my wedding ring went sailing off my finger with the throw. it had been my grandmother's and the only thing I had of hers........and now it sleeps with the fishes. :(;)

absured angel

I'm very meticulous with where things are, so if something is misplaced by myself or anyone else I have a general idea of where it is. If something isnt put back in its spot or is moved somewhere else without me moving it unfortunately will send me into a full panic attack. If i can't find it sometimes it will be an obsession for weeks months or even years. :(

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
G'morning all. I thought when I woke up (at 5am) that yay, Wednesday's over! Today's a new day.

Have you any plans for today? Other than work I should really call the eyesight and get my eyes checked. And teaching, I actually can't be bothered today but I'm lucky that I love all the children I teach. They're all so precious and heaven.

Theme today:
Have you ever misplaced or lost anything? What are you like with your belongings?
I was walking onto the plane in the airport when a worker from the airport came to the flight looking for the 'Forever's. My sisters and I were the last people boarding. We're like - that's us, why? He stands there waving my phone in the air. Which I'd left in a bathroom somewhere or another in the airport. A guy saw it and gave it to the worker. Who looked at the cards to see whose it was. Saw I Forever on there, so looked on the system to see where we were flying....... had he come just a few minutes later the flight doors would have been locked. Somehow that trip I still managed to leave my phone in half the stores we went to...

Come join us @AsphyxiateOnWords @Walker @Blue Star @ClassicShowsFan @BlueGreen @Freya @Corrupt_ToTheCore @AlopexAngel @kdm @crazyk
When I lose something, first instinct is always to panic. Then I usually find it and feel stupid.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag Inno, I’d offer to help, but you’ve now tagged more people than I knew existed in the world.

I had this Zippo lighter. Nothing special, plain brushed stainless. But it fit perfectly in the little watch pocket of my jeans and I’d had it forever, so I was kind of attached to it.

Couldn’t find it one day and, man, I tore up the house looking for it. Pulled all the cushions off the couch, pulled the sheets off the bed, that thing was just fucking gone.

Over a year later, I was sitting on the couch watching the news and I happen to notice some small metallic thing sitting right next to the TV. It was my lighter, covered in a thick layer of dust but right there, out in the open.
I always lose lighters. That's my specialty. And usually, they end up under the bed somehow. But since I lift my mattress maybe about once every 5 years, that's about how long it takes me to find them.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for tags past several days @Woowoo @ walker @Innocent Forever...sorry been out of touch...classes Tuesday & Wednesdays so a bit more frantic than normal in am...have missed you all though!....

Oh loosing things I don't know even know where to begin...it is a constant thing with me...as get distracted and simply walk away...have lost a flash drive at Staples by leaving in machine (was awhile ago so have decided must not have had anything really important on it since no identity theft activity but can't really remember alas)...the number of times have to drive back to house to check that closed garage door---now try to remember to say outloud to myself--Door Closed... all so very sad....

But worst I think was when I misplaced all my keys.. So I always had all work keys & car keys connected (a huge pile of keys--given all buildings in charge of and figured was too big too lose-lol). One night spent 1 1/2 hours looking for them in my office, outside where worked, the building where worked etc., after 5pm, making Director/Supervisor stay late while continued to look, had to call husband (I lived 1 1/2hours away from work in the winter in the mountains so was snowing). My husband couldn't find the spare key for my car-later discovered was in suitcase where I had put it for safe keeping from a trip we had taken many months ago. Needless to say he was reluctant to drive there to pick me up since if he came I couldn't even drive my car home and where worked wasn't too sure about safety of where car was parked overnight. After all this finally found they had fallen in drawer that had closed---so my solution was to always just throw them on the floor in office near desk so could always find them...lol...

Reading everyone else's stories is making me feel better that I am in good company ---:) Wishing all a good Thursday.

late to getting to gym for step class so sorry for short tag list.... tagging @Angel368 @charley spring @mpk @Havoc @MagickLynx @nobodyknows71 @Petal

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
sorry I understand that it still miffs......25 years ago I was throwing a stick into the lake for my to fetch and my wedding ring went sailing off my finger with the throw. it had been my grandmother's and the only thing I had of hers........and now it sleeps with the fishes. :(;)
Must say that a like in this case is empathy, not actually "like".

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Okay, I was wrong about Supernatural being the highlight of my day. Blaqk Audio has a new single and album coming out soon. Yay. 😁
I was watching them the other day. They’re great. This (except the bits in the clip with the women dancing looks stupid):

Re losing things.. I lose everything lately because of this issue with my hands (they hurt with some circulation problem). When it’s bad I tend to just throw stuff. At first it was distressing because I’ve always been pretty organised and neat. But now it’s becoming a bit of an adventure ;)

Livelife

SF Supporter
Must say that a like in this case is empathy, not actually "like".
Lol

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I was watching them the other day. They’re great. This (except the bits in the clip with the women dancing looks stupid):

Re losing things.. I lose everything lately because of this issue with my hands (they hurt with some circulation problem). When it’s bad I tend to just throw stuff. At first it was distressing because I’ve always been pretty organised and neat. But now it’s becoming a bit of an adventure ;)
They are absolutely fucking brilliant. But everything Davey does is brilliant, so no surprise there. Every time I see/hear this man, I wonder how such an amazing human being could even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00