Jim's cafe - Thursday 17th January '19

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
They are absolutely fucking brilliant. But everything Davey does is brilliant, so no surprise there. Every time I see/hear this man, I wonder how such an amazing human being could even exist.
Recommendations? Haha. Davey must be on a roll if they’ve got a new album coming out because AFI have just put one out. That man’s creativity knows no bounds!

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Recommendations? Haha. Davey must be on a roll if they’ve got a new album coming out because AFI have just put one out. That man’s creativity knows no bounds!
Oh geez. Recommendations? That's so difficult because I love so many BA songs. The entire CexCells album is absolutely perfect. My favorites on there are: "Snuff on Digital", "Bitter for Sweet', 'Semiotic Love', 'Cities of Night', 'Wake up, Open the Door, and Escape to the Sea'. Also, some bonus tracks that were great: 'Mute', 'Blaqk Electric', 'Boys and Girls'.

On Bright Black Heaven, I love 'Faith Healer', 'Deconstructing Gods', 'With Your Arms Around You', 'Bliss', and 'The Witness'.

Their most recent album, Material, I'm still getting used to, to be honest. It's a very different sound from the last two albums generally speaking. But 'First to Love' is amazing, 'Anointed', and 'Ceremonial (Burst Into Stars)'.

Another bonus song I really like that's actually a cover: 'You Spin Me 'Round (Like A Record)'

Oh, and don't forget to listen to their new song from the upcoming album. 'The Viles'. It's fucking spectacular.

KA9

Gone with the wind
Pretty much the first time I've begun to misplace stuff is when I moved a while ago. I still have stuff in boxes and don't know where some of it is. I'm gonna move again soon so it doesn't matter I guess.

It's almost unheard of that I ever lose anything too. Am I gonna jinx it now? I'm pretty paranoid about losing stuff.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
once I was out paying bills and I came out of the store and as I was driving down the road noticed I lost $750 my wife and I freaked out we obviously went back to the store and checked, looked under cars near where we parked even checked all the stores in the plaza, tore the truck apart then gave up it was gone . on the way home the sun got in my eyes so I put the visor down and the money fell in my lap. I felt relieved but stupid. and my wife always puts stuff up to keep it safe and forgets where, it takes hours or days to find it.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
once I was out paying bills and I came out of the store and as I was driving down the road noticed I lost $750 my wife and I freaked out we obviously went back to the store and checked, looked under cars near where we parked even checked all the stores in the plaza, tore the truck apart then gave up it was gone . on the way home the sun got in my eyes so I put the visor down and the money fell in my lap. I felt relieved but stupid. and my wife always puts stuff up to keep it safe and forgets where, it takes hours or days to find it.
I think it's a good omen to have money drop in your lap. Maybe it got lost as an opportunity for that to happen.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Damn, that would have really sucked. Definitely would have made someone's day though (or possibly week) had you actually dropped it.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
No, I actually haven't seen a lot of movies that most people have seen. I'm not a big movie buff.
It's a Christmas favorite. The bad guy finds the money and stuffs it in his pocket. The character played by James Stewart attempts suicide as a result but an angel intervenes. I'm thinking that it's not your cup of tea!!! But I thought about it so I said.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag Inno. As scatter as I am sometimes I don't lose stuff too often. I think I mostly have made it a habit to put the important things in the same place always so I know where they'll be. I hate that feeling though when it seems like something's just disappeared into thin air. A couple months ago I remember opening the fridge to grab my cat's insulin, but it wasn't there. Did I leave it on the counter? Could I have put it in the cabinet where the needles are stored? Did I for some unknown reason take it into the living room? About an hour later I had a stroke of insight and opened up the freezer. Sheesh. Luckily it wasn't frozen.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Oh geez. Recommendations? That's so difficult because I love so many BA songs. The entire CexCells album is absolutely perfect. My favorites on there are: "Snuff on Digital", "Bitter for Sweet', 'Semiotic Love', 'Cities of Night', 'Wake up, Open the Door, and Escape to the Sea'. Also, some bonus tracks that were great: 'Mute', 'Blaqk Electric', 'Boys and Girls'.

On Bright Black Heaven, I love 'Faith Healer', 'Deconstructing Gods', 'With Your Arms Around You', 'Bliss', and 'The Witness'.

Their most recent album, Material, I'm still getting used to, to be honest. It's a very different sound from the last two albums generally speaking. But 'First to Love' is amazing, 'Anointed', and 'Ceremonial (Burst Into Stars)'.

Another bonus song I really like that's actually a cover: 'You Spin Me 'Round (Like A Record)'

Oh, and don't forget to listen to their new song from the upcoming album. 'The Viles'. It's fucking spectacular.

What do you think of Burials? I like A Deep Slow Panic, Greater Than 84, Heart Stops and of course 17 Crimes. But a couple of tracks (the start and finish from memory) are so dark they scared me a bit!

gypsylee

SF Supporter

What authors do you love to read and what books inspired you during your writing?

Underlines = Same :)

I love many authors: McCarthy, Baudelaire, Bukowski, Hitchens, Gaiman and Dr. Seuss... to name a few. The works of Bret Easton Ellis, Chuck Pahlahniuk, Nick Cave and Joe McGinniss most inspired me to write my own novel.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
It's a Christmas favorite. The bad guy finds the money and stuffs it in his pocket. The character played by James Stewart attempts suicide as a result but an angel intervenes. I'm thinking that it's not your cup of tea!!! But I thought about it so I said.
It doesn't sound too bad.

I think most people would have taken money if they just found it laying theresaw

What do you think of Burials? I like A Deep Slow Panic, Greater Than 84, Heart Stops and of course 17 Crimes. But a couple of tracks (the start and finish from memory) are so dark they scared me a bit!
Lol really? I love 'The Sinking Night' and 'The Face Beneath the Waves'. What exactly scares you about them? The music or the lyrics? Because if it's lyrics, I mean, that's kind of typical of AFI with most songs. Although, Burials was meant to be an especially dark album. But my favorites on Burials are: The Sinking Night, The Conductor, The Embrace, Wild, Greater Than 84, Anxious, and The Face Beneath the Waves. I do like all of them though, but those are the ones I find myself listening to the most. What about The Blood Album? Have you listened to that one much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00