Jim's cafe Thursday 17th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Morning, peeps. Hope you are all feeling good this morning/night and making the most of each day. Do something nice for yourself today, give yourself lots of TLC and compassion.

1600311773933.png 1600311825281.png

I'm really craving a smoothie, let's serve some up, my favourite would have to be pineapple/mango and banana with orange juice, what's yours?

1600311612441.png 1600311671669.png 1600311689120.png

Answer these to realise the best thing about yourself *hug

Tell me the 3 best things about you.
Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
Which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?
Who are the 3 greatest living musicians?
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

@Sevven @Auri @arbitrarybarry @Walker @1964dodge @JMG @Livelife @BlueGreen @BritishBloke @cymbele

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Champagne and my favorite smoothie is strawberry with tequila.

1. my best three things : honesty loyalty compassion

2. favorite teacher : high school english teacher. she was a witch and very strict. but i learned through the years how much she helped me

3. pick : none but if i had to choose then genius

4. musicians : no answer

5. change myself : work harder to be more healthy

mike

Road to Nowhere

💫💫💫💫💫
SF Supporter

Kind, honest, loyal

Mrs. Sherwood she was nice, caring, always took time for her students.

Which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great?

Status is not important to me, doing something great.

Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson

I would not have social anxiety.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Morning, peeps. Hope you are all feeling good this morning/night and making the most of each day. Do something nice for yourself today, give yourself lots of TLC and compassion.

View attachment 37925 View attachment 37926

I'm really craving a smoothie, let's serve some up, my favourite would have to be pineapple/mango and banana with orange juice, what's yours?

View attachment 37922 View attachment 37923 View attachment 37924

Answer these to realise the best thing about yourself *hug

@Sevven @Auri @arbitrarybarry @Walker @1964dodge @JMG @Livelife @BlueGreen @BritishBloke @cymbele
today? Nope, Nope, Nope NOPE!!! can’t drink that stuff now. and its not going to be a fun day and to tell you why requires TMI. thus, take my word for it. but i have moments now ATM, where i can answer questions and i’m feeling like doing that since i have to stay awake anyway. BTW, its still yesterday and the dreaded today has not begun yet.
hey champagne! i’m happy to be here nonetheless!!! 😊

Now, about these Qs...

Tell me the 3 best things about you. 1)my reluctance to give answers to this question. 2)giving an answer to this question that circumvents my reluctance 3) something else that i will not say but is...
i guess it would have to be a specific one of my painting teachers in college though he was not loved by many due to issues i did not know about at the time. what made him my favorite teacher was that he was unable to express feelings with words but did a great job expressing anyway... talking about paintings in the museum for example, by contorting his body and making high pitched sound with his voice and i guess “vibes” and the excitement that emanated as he stood in front of a great painting. i guess he had his faults but getting across his emotions and thoughts about great art was not one of them.

• to me world-class attractive is, well, i think it is something quite different from what the title implies. so maybe one could be anyway without it seeming to be a big deal.

• and being a genius, it must have its merits but also responsibilities i suspect are not easy and maybe even impossible to live up to. it might be a sad thing.
• and being famous for something great? greatness would be in the thing done. i’d shy away from the fame part.

Who are the 3 greatest living musicians? Debussy, Ravel, and one other i’ll leave blank because i’d have to give it much more thought. Not living you say? Oh yes they are. just listen to their music.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? working on it now. i’ll tell you when i get there.

ShyGuy

Who was your favorite teacher? Why? I had a lot of very amazing ones! I love my Science teacher in high school that likes me a lot, that would keep telling me which questions on the tests that I got wrong answers on, so that I could go back and correct it first.

Which would you pick: being world-class attractive, a genius or famous for doing something great? A genius although I already am in certain areas

Who are the 3 greatest living musicians? Chicago, Maximum the Hormone, and The Beatles.. and Michael Jackson

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would change whatever the heck would cause my old friends to continue to wanna be my friend still..

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Not sure if I have a favorite smoothie, just surprise me :D

Compassion, sense of humor, and loyalty.

My first grade teacher because she was very kind and really cared about her students.

Famous for doing something great. I'd like to make movies and music, and maybe that would make people happy.

This is pretty subjective, so I'll go with some of my favorites. Robert Plant, George Clinton, and Stevie Wonder.

To be more confident.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Umm I'm furry. Long tail. Nice eye.

Your favorite teacher isn't always the most effective now is it? My favorite two are for different reasons. One of them because she made English make sense to me suddenly after doing really crap in it for years. This was when I was about 15/16 so whatever grade that is for all of you.
The other I liked because he was fun and I was his pet. lol He'd send me up the road during class to, maybe pick up eggs for us all to balance on their tops for solstice or send me off to go talk to some other teacher for some BS reason because I was bored. I graded the papers and marked the book. (Not sure how well that goes over now) Didn't learn a thing in his class frankly, but I liked him and he was fun.

Genius for sure. (Though that comes with its own set of problems)

I just woke up so I'm not sure. I can name plenty of dead ones but I'd have to think about the live ones.

So many things *sigh
The real answer I don't want to say though but there's something specific.

Last edited:

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
* I am patient, I read very well, and I care about people.

* Mrs. Burkholder in 5th grade. She only had one rule in her classroom; you had to be courteous.

* I do not want any of those. I like my life the way it is right now.

* David Draiman (vocalist for Disturbed) , Willie Nelson, and Meg Yoder (my ex-wife.) Used to love relaxing in the evening listening to her play the piano.

* I would be more compassionate. My heart has hardened over the years and I am working on softening it again.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
The other I liked because he was fun and I was his pet. lol He'd send me up the road during class to, maybe pick up eggs for us all to balance on their tops for solstice or send me off to go talk to some other teacher for some BS reason because I was bored. I graded the papers and marked the book. (Not sure how well that goes over now) Didn't learn a thing in his class frankly, but I liked him and he was fun.
My 8th grade teacher let me grade spelling tests. I felt bad when people got like 19/20 wrong.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
My 8th grade teacher let me grade spelling tests. I felt bad when people got like 19/20 wrong.
How do you miss that many when you're fricking 13 years old anyway?? Didn't you learn to sound anything out as a child? (Learning disability aside .. seriously that's a lot to miss on a spelling test... or any test probably I guess)

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Ty for tagging me @Champagne & for opening the cafe. Cool q's too, I'll answer them now & also tag @Kira @Kiwi2016 @Blue Star
My fave kind of smoothie is chocolate or strawberry banana.

Wow this is kinda hard but ok I guess that I'm accepting, down-to-earth and usually fairly level-headed.

None, pretty sure they all just kinda hated me & thought I was a terrible student (which I was).

World class attractive cos I would enjoy all the attention infinitely.

Not very comfortable answering this one sorry.

To have a perfect & extremely seductive face so that certain situations in my life would be drastically (ie a billion times better!!!) different. Oh well, could be worse, just have to learn to appreciate other things more I guess, whatever.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
How do you miss that many when you're fricking 13 years old anyway?? Didn't you learn to sound anything out as a child? (Learning disability aside .. seriously that's a lot to miss on a spelling test... or any test probably I guess)
Not really sure, maybe it's like with me and math, so I can't really say anything. I even got a few wrong sometimes, but some of the words can be tricky.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
We have a smoothie bar in our local town - my favourite from there is raspberries, banana, frozen yogurt and chocolate.

Eeeeerrrrrmmmm...

I had two favourite teachers for different reasons. Mrs Evans when I was around 14 or 15. She was my RE teacher but rather than religion we mainly talked about life situations, debated things like capital punishment. She taught me how to find my voice.
The second was Mr Gilbert, my biology teacher when I was around 15 or 16. He had really good music taste and I'd go to his house in the evenings to listen to his vinyl collection. He was an okay biology teacher too.

Something great. But without the fame attached to it.

Who are the 3 greatest living musicians
Robert Smith, Thom Yorke, Brian Molko

I'd be beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00