• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's Cafe Thursday 3rd December 💚

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello lovely fellow SF'ers!!! How are you all today? Please feel free to share your days plans with us! It is nearly the weekend!!! Oh sooo close! :D 👍💓 Hope y'all in a good mood and are busy planning a fantastic weekend!! You deserve it, yes, you. ;)

1606955815233.png 1606955956155.png

A few simple healthy habits you should adopt into your life. What do you think, are you already practicing these?

1- Replace diet soda with carbonated water
2- Correct your posture
3- Go to bed ½ hour earlier
4- Incorporate balance exercises into your routine
5- Include greens and lettuce in your meals
6- Find creative substitutions for unhealthy foods

1606956324226.png 1606956334782.png 1606956352720.png

Question time!! Enjoy!

1. Who inspires you? Who do you aspire to be like?
  2. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving?
  3. Do you believe in ghosts?
  4. What piece of art (book, music, movie, etc.) most influenced the person you are today?
  5. What's the greatest risk you've ever taken?
  6. If you could spend 24 hours in your favourite place what would you do?

Last edited:

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

Renegade banshee
SF Supporter
Not so much, although I do drink lots of water, but still drink soda daily.

2- Correct your posture
I always slouch and have trouble remembering to sit straight.

3- Go to bed ½ hour earlier\
My sleep schedule is pretty messed up.

I don't really do any exercises. haha

I try to eat greens, but could eat more.

I should do this because I eat too unhealthy at times.

1. Who inspires you? Who do you aspire to be like? Friends and family and I aspire to be a better version of myself.
  2. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving? Bungee jumping because it seems the least deadly. lol
  3. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes, for sure.
  4. What piece of art (book, music, movie, etc.) most influenced the person you are today? A little bit of everything.
  5. What's the greatest risk you've ever taken? Opening up my heart, even though it gets broken up most of the time.
  6. If you could spend 24 hours in your favourite place what would you do? Spend time with people I care about.

Thank you for the tag @Champagne. I took Wednesday off work, well no teaching anyway, but I’m back teaching again on Thursday. It’s good to have both my daughters home from uni now. Not much else to add as self isolating means I’m not getting out.

1. Who inspires you? Who do you aspire to be like? No one particular person. I always try to be someone who cares. I’ll drop anything to help most people. I’d like to have more confidence though

2. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving?mom not particularly adventurous at all so none of these!

3. Do you believe in ghosts? Sometimes! Not really

4. What piece of art (book, music, movie, etc.) most influenced the person you are today? Tough question. Can’t think of anything

5. What's the greatest risk you've ever taken? I’m not a risk taker. Too nervous

6. If you could spend 24 hours in your favourite place what would you do? I’d like to spend it somewhere at a dandy brach, not too hot, but somewhere I can watch the sunset and sunrise

Take care everyone and stay safe. It’s almost Friday. *grouphug2 Xx

KM76710

SWCA3110-SWHF625
SF Supporter
  1. Who inspires you? Who do you aspire to be like? Depends on the day and what I have been watching, reading about or listening to. Currently, Al Bundy! Got to have a bit of silliness in life, plus I would love to be able to claim: four touchdowns in a single game. :)
  2. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving? Shark diving, just give a bang stick which are used mostly to direct the shark away and should only be used when in imminent danger, otherwise I see myself as the intruder in their territory.
  3. Do you believe in ghosts? Absolutely, but I do live in a house that two people died in, my grandfather and my mom. Granddad built it and died here in 1980 and my mom in 2014, but never a sense of malice more of someone watching and noticing that I can not be so forgetful that I left a light on in a room I never go into.
  4. What piece of art (book, music, movie, etc.) most influenced the person you are today? Hagakure, Hidden by Leaves.
  5. What's the greatest risk you've ever taken? Talking back to my mama. The serious answer was when in my teens most of the associates I knew best were also into science such as chemistry so we experimented with kitchen explosives and blowing shit up. I still know how to make napalm and chlorine gas and some other things, but am wise enough now to not do it, I was a stupid dumbass when younger, and not all that much improved now. Sometimes I am surprised that we survived.
  6. If you could spend 24 hours in your favourite place what would you do? Sleep under warm wool covers for 8 or 9 hours.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
Hello lovely fellow SF'ers!!! How are you all today? Please feel free to share your days plans with us! It is nearly the weekend!!! Oh sooo close! :D 👍💓 Hope y'all in a good mood and are busy planning a fantastic weekend!! You deserve it, yes, you. ;)

I am working Saturday and Sunday so no weekend for me. Sunday is double time, after taxes I will probably make $150. I had a physical yesterday and liver function and blood tests about 6 weeks ago, I am very healthy. My prostate is normal. My liver function is good in spite of the amount of alcohol I drink.

A few simple healthy habits you should adopt into your life. What do you think, are you already practicing these?

I should do this

2- Correct your posture
Not a chance

3- Go to bed ½ hour earlier
Earlier than 6 pm?

Not a chance

One of my roommates is a vegan. He is a complete asshole and I could give you many examples. I have stopped eating greens and lettuce for fear of becoming like him.

I don't eat unhealthy food. I occasionally buy a pack of sugar out of the vending machine at work for instant energy but my food is a healthy balanced meal. My blood pressure yesterday was 120 over 70, how much more healthy can you be?

Question time!! Enjoy!

1. Who inspires you? Who do you aspire to be like?
  2. I am inspired by Clint Eastwood. I aspire to be like him.
  3. Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving?
  4. Bungee jumping seems like the most fun to me
  5. Do you believe in ghosts?
  6. I don't believe in the media portrayal of ghosts but I do believe there are some spirits around us, a spirit world we cannot see
  7. What piece of art (book, music, movie, etc.) most influenced the person you are today?
  8. James Krenov's "The Fine Art of Cabinetmaking" was the most influential book I have ever read. Totally changed my outlook on life. The Bible greatly influenced my life as well because I was born into religion.
  9. What's the greatest risk you've ever taken?
  10. I got married.
  11. If you could spend 24 hours in your favourite place what would you do?
  12. I would sit at my table in the garage drinking and smoking cigars with lit lanterns chatting with a friend.
You know that Google is tracking all these answers and compiling them for criminal profiles right?

the.end.ish

Misknown Member
Who inspires you? Who do you aspire to be like?

At first I read this as "who whispers inside of you"... I was like, welp, which voice to choose from today? anyone successfully combatting climate change and implementing bottom-up economics. anyone with a unique brain that can think outside of the box. anyone who lives and loves passionately. i aspire to climb out of the hole. i aspire to create change. and just, to create.

Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving? skydiving. the closest to flying one can get.

Do you believe in ghosts? Yes, but paranormal investigative shows have made me highly skeptical of those who claim they've seen ghosts. i believe in the kind of ghosts that leave their imprint behind, in a book, house, items. i thought i saw a ghost when i was a child.

What piece of art (book, music, movie, etc.) most influenced the person you are today? hmmm.. many books I read as a child have influenced my search for justice, passion and adventure. one of the most memorable being The Prophecy of the Stones. They also highly influenced my love of the written word.

In my adulthood - more academic books or passages during my academic career really spoke to me. it's like.. they were the missing piece in the puzzle of life i didn't understand. It taught me how to think critically, be open to other cultures, to view the world globally, rather than from my tiny American scope. it also taught me there are other ways of living than the one prescribed to us by society.

What's the greatest risk you've ever taken? there are two. one was meeting a virtual stranger in a foreign country and the other was passing up a decent job offer in the hopes that the one job i wanted would offer me the position.

If you could spend 24 hours in your favourite place what would you do? i don't think i've discovered my favorite place yet. it used to be the university library, but now i have miles and miles to explore.

Sunspots

Daydream Believer
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks for the invite @Champagne :)

What are my plans for the day? First off I need to drag my lazy arse out of bed. The shops have just reopened again after lockdown so I'm going to head to Hobbycraft - it's a crafting superstore and I could happily spend all day there. I need some more wool, some bits to make Christmas wreaths up for a few people and a couple of more picture frames. And I'm sure I'll find some other things that I didn't realise I needed ;)

Who inspires you? Who do you aspire to be like?
So many people inspire me, there's definitely quite a few of them here.

Shark diving, bungee jumping, or skydiving?
I'd love to do all three but skydiving has always really appealed. Hopefully one day I'll actually get to try it.

Do you believe in ghosts?
No

What piece of art (book, music, movie, etc.) most influenced the person you are today
My teacher, Mrs Reece, in my last year of primary school (so I was 10/11 years old) read us To Kill a Mockingbird. I can remember feeling so angry and would come home from school in tears nearly every day. It was the first time I'd ever really realised how unjust things can be.

What's the greatest risk you've ever taken?
Falling in love.

If you could spend 24 hours in your favourite place what would you do?
I would look at the view, watch the world go by, swim, eat grilled sardines and I'm sure there'll be some wine drunk along the way.

Come and join us @Autumn1973 @Anonymous ID @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @BlueGreen @Innocent Forever @Walker @Freya @Kiwi2016 @Butterfly @Lux

Lane

SF Supporter
Thank you for opening cafe' and tag today @Champagne. I hope everyone's doing ok and at least managing. Getting cold here East coast USA.

1. Just my mother. She took me in and didn't have to. Had only a 6th grade education and kept a clean house, no addictions and loved her children as best she could.

2. Sky diving, always wanted that thrill.

3. No for ghosts, borinnng. I think we have souls though.

4. I like that art isnt good or bad but that it is created to form a reaction in a person. I like modern art and artist such as Mark Rothko for that reason. And Jackson Pollock, aka, Jack the Dripper 😈 with his amazing rhythmic mathematical pieces.

I'll throw in Andrew Wyeths's Christina's World that I hung in my dorm in college that resonated with me.

Screenshot_20201203-020332_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201203-020448_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201203-021021_Chrome.jpg

Lane

SF Supporter
5. Greatest risk. Could be going to college or leaving husband. #2 set off a bunch of trials and tribulations, if I'm using the term correctly.

6. Favorite place for past 10 years has been my bed sadly. I hope to change that. See new things, take pictures, draw, maybe have a relationship. Go on vacation.

Lane

SF Supporter
Thanks for the invite @Champagne :)

What are my plans for the day? First off I need to drag my lazy arse out of bed. The shops have just reopened again after lockdown so I'm going to head to Hobbycraft - it's a crafting superstore and I could happily spend all day there. I need some more wool, some bits to make Christmas wreaths up for a few people and a couple of more picture frames. And I'm sure I'll find some other things that I didn't realise I needed ;)

So many people inspire me, there's definitely quite a few of them here.

I'd love to do all three but skydiving has always really appealed. Hopefully one day I'll actually get to try it.

No

My teacher, Mrs Reece, in my last year of primary school (so I was 10/11 years old) read us To Kill a Mockingbird. I can remember feeling so angry and would come home from school in tears nearly every day. It was the first time I'd ever really realised how unjust things can be.

Falling in love.

I would look at the view, watch the world go by, swim, eat grilled sardines and I'm sure there'll be some wine drunk along the way.

Come and join us @Autumn1973 @Anonymous ID @Sassy the Wonderful Cat @BlueGreen @Innocent Forever @Walker @Freya @Kiwi2016 @Butterfly @Lux
You know it's all about the food for me. Never had grilled sardines now I'm curious 😁

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00