Jim's Cafe - Thursday, January 1st, 2015! (New Year's Day!)

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by lightbeam, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo!

Just chiming in, saying I was asleep during the midnight festivities. Kind of anti-climactic. lol

I have 3 basic resolutions for this year:

Lose 80 more pounds
    Keep myself out of the hospital
    Read more (gotta start reading my books... I have 100 of them physically, and over 2300 on my computer)

What are yours?

2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Good morning coffee forums and happy new year to all.

Resolutions? Nothing in particular. Just keep on keeping on one day at a time.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Happy New Year everyone resolution is to try to keep all the emotions under control to not give in to the sadness

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Happy New Year

Resolution
    find what I really want to do career wise
    Get healthy

5. Mr Stewart

Jim's Café Friday January 2nd, 2015

Morning coffee forums,

Back to work today for me and I am glad. I need my routine to feel right. I need time off but it also stresses me out because my routine is gone during the time off. So good to be going back to normal now and I cannot imagine work will be busy. If it's really quiet on the weekend I will bring my camera and see about getting a picture of my pigeon friends that live in the multi-level parkade. On very rare occasion I have seen coyotes at work and always regret not having camera with me.

6. lightbeam

Re: Jim's Café Friday January 2nd, 2015

Heyroo Stewart!

I hooe you have an easy day too, and get the pics of the pigeons!

I've lost 2 1/2 pounds in the past 24 hours. I had a huger dinner last night too. I checked myFitnessPal, and entered the exercise info that I downloaded from my bike, and it said I burned almost 800 calories. I'll take that! Went to a steakhouse last night, and still had a coloric deficit. It was good. I figure it was water. I drank a bunch of water yesterday, soit may not have been water weight. I guess we shall see!

Take care everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

7. DrownedFishOnFire

Cant wait to be off tomorrow morning. Seems like ive been at work 24/7

8. total eclipse

long day hope i sleep tonight Hope all have a good weekend

9. Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Saturday January 3rd, 2015

Hi coffee forums.

Snow blew in with gusto yesterday and it is very cold today. I am working but, since the uni campus is only marginally open for business and students haven't returned yet, I will be able to stay inside office for most of the day. I actually spotted a pair of coyotes yesterday bounding around the sort of wooded area on the outskirts yesterday. I will get a good picture of them one of these days!

Take care everybody. :snow:

10. total eclipse

Re: Jim's Cafe Saturday January 3rd, 2015

Hi Mr Stewart we get lots of coyotes here all night they howl I do hope you get a picture of one WE are to get lots of snow here to hope you have a good weekend

11. turryburry

turryburry Well-Known Member

Hello all. Waiting for drunk guy to leave my couch. Never touched him so it could take hours. Have a good day.

Many of you think there will never be a drunk guy (or girl) on your couch. Take care--your day will come.

My drunk guy pissed on my bathroom floor so my day has come and gone!!trfg78

(last part was from cat--in case you're into that kind of thing)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2015
  12. lightbeam

Heyroo all!

Just woke up. Not much planned flor the day. Going to go grocery shopping later today. That's pretty much it for today.

Take care everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

13. DrownedFishOnFire

Enjoying the downtime being off work and lazily looking up cat classifieds as can't decide on adopting a specific cat yet.

14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Jim's Cafe Sunday 4th of January 2015

Good morning everyone...how is the new year treating you so far? Any hopes and dreams for 2015?

I hope you all have a pleasant day

hugs :hug:

15. Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Cafe 4th of January 2015

Good morning. :)

It's not a resolution so much as just a hobby thing ongoing, but I want to go outside more often and take pictures of animals. It's something I always enjoy when I work up the motivation to get out of the house and do so, even if that struggle to go outside in the first place is a difficult one.

16. total eclipse

not able to sleep tonight so very long night it is

17. lightbeam

Heyroo!

New Year is going well. It appears when I exercise for an hour, it lifts my mood. And makes it so I am not as hungry (when I do get hungry, it's ravenous). Riding on the exercise bike for that hour burns approx 800 calories. I go uphill, and it seems to finish going back downhill. It's called 'Uphill Finish'... Gets my heartrate in the prime zone tho, so it's good!

How are you doing on your food intake, Lynn?

I hope everyone had a great Sunday.

:hug: from Tommy Tom and I!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

18. DrownedFishOnFire

Nice day off. Relaxing.

19. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Lightbeam- doing brilliant, and I'm getting in lots of fruit and veg and wholegrains and proteins. I was naughty and got on the weighing scales last night, I was down a full stone(14lb). I'd say most was fluid as I did have fluid retention too. I feel much better eating healthier. Thank you for asking :)

20. Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Evening Edition Monday January 5th, 2014

Hullo SF forums. Bit of a busy day. Dropped in to post office on the way home from work as I thought they had my parcels there. I have post office hold my packages as receiving them here at the apartment isn't the safest the way they just leave them sitting by the door. Turns out I read tracking wrong and parcels won't be there until tomorrow. So back I go tomorrow.

:coffee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.