Jim's Cafe , Thursday May 1st

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by NYJmpMaster, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Happy May everybody. Hopefully the spring that still has not fully arrived here yet will make an appearance this month (though apparently it will not for the next week or so). Would be nice to get some actual green and somehow the cherry and apple trees still have not blossomed even.

No plans for today - was very sick for the last two days but seem to be feeling a bit better to this point this morning so am hopeful. Plan to take it very easy and not press my luck. Hope every body else has a great start for the new month.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope the weather warms up soon for yo u NYJmpMaster it would help you feel so much better Drink lots of fluids ok hugs to you Been raining here all week it seems and cold still
    Have appt with therapist this morning will see my girl and mother then hopefull come home and rest some Get a call tonight as well form somone May already wow take care everyone

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Good morning, Café! :)

Slept a little later than usual. Star decided to nip me to make sure I woke up. Funny how that always works! She has been fed and is happy now. :hellokitty: I'm off to the dentist today - two fillings - ugh! That's busy enough, methinks!

NYJmpMaster, hoping you're feeling better now! Some sun and warmth would do wonders for people and the blossoming trees - I hope the weather gets nice for you. :)
    TE, yes, it's May already! Hard to believe. I hope it brings you sunny, warm days, hun! Hope appointment and visits with daughter and mother go well. And then you relax and take care of you! :hug:

Wishing everyone a good day. It's May, so let's hope there will be lots of flowers out as the weather warms up!

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Morning all!

I think it's just going to keep raining and raining for all eternity! :p

Last night, I downloaded an app onto my phone that made me think of Jim, because I know it's something he would have liked. The app allows you to type in any artist or group, and it brings up the list of all their albums, giving you access to listen to them. Jim loved music, and so I can't even begin to imagine the treasures he would have found buried in this app!!

Hope everyone has a good one!

5. Evanesce

Evanesce Well-Known Member

Good morning All
    Always find it weird posting here, especially as it's now May 2nd 1:40am.
    Hope you get lots of rest and feel better soon NYJumpMaster and it starts to warm up their soon. It's the start of winter nearly here and I have a nice warm fire heating my house.
    I have an apt next week on Tuesday with my therapist so have a little hope again now. Hope your apt goes well today total eclipse and you enjoy visiting family before getting some rest.
    Your cat sounds cute Acy. My two little furballs have real to spend their nights outside, at least until I can figure out how to afford cat litter for the winter. Tammy the little girl settled down earlier this evening snuggled hiding in an empty banana box that I use for wood, so cute. It was hard to put them outside this evening.

WildCherry I'm sure the rain will stop soon and the heat of the sun will be just as annoying after a time. I found it beautiful how you remember Jimk and talk about him, sooften those that are gone from our lives seem to also disappear like they never existed and that can make it harder to heal. I hope that you get lots of enjoyment out of your new phone app. I too remember fondly the music links played in here and miss it.
    For me I have 3 more days of sunshine before some heavy rain starts again. My therapist is phoning at 8am to help motivate me and then again at 4p.m. to see how I coped. He is trying to get me to try Behavioural Activation to help with my depression so who knows.
    Can't sleep yet the pain relief isn't working well lately and the increased activity "bringing in wet wood to dry" has left me very sore tonight.
    Take care I think you guys are all amazing.

6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

hello coffee forums,

having a piece of leftover lasagna for lunch just now. was very warm today but the forecast says it's supposed to be cool and rainy for the next few. I tend to prefer the cool (not so much the rain) so that is fine with me. Today was too hot for me.

7. Evanesce

Evanesce Well-Known Member

Jim's Cafe, Friday May 2nd

Good Morning all
    I couldn't wait for this thread to be opened today, mainly because it's already nearly 11am here and I wanted to share.
    This is the first day of my "Behavioural Activation", which doesn't involve that much except setting a few tasks at a set time and trying to stick to the schedule. Hoping I haven't overloaded myself. Having a beautiful fine day here so I'm going to try and get some washing done at the neighbours and my psychologist is phoning at 1pm to see how I am going with the plan.
    Have a lovely day everyone, I must be feeling a little better if I'm able to post in forums like this again :). Thanks for patience and understanding and on that note I have a song link to start us off for the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trEwDejTKRY

Catch you all soon,
    Take care

8. total eclipse

Re: Jim's Cafe, Friday May 2nd

Not even close to friday here only 9 pm thursday but i am glad your therapy has started i heard good things about behavioral activation for depression Your psychologist calls you to see how you are doing you are so lucky to have such a person on your team hun glad you are feeling better

9. Acy

Good morning - Friday has arrived here, now, too! :)

Thank you for the positive update and happy news, Evenesce, and for the song! I hope it all keeps going well for you! :hug:
    TE, I hope you come back to this thread once it is Friday in your time zone, and that you have a wonderful TGIF day! :)

I am volunteering today at Bingo. I woke up this morning, though, and thought for sure it was Sunday! (Eeek. Don't know there came from!) Will be checking the sales flyers for grocery stores and picking up a few things after Bingo or tomorrow.

Happy day before Saturday! :grouphug:

10. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Morning all.

Evanesce, that's great! I hope everything is going well. I know it's quite a few hours since your initial post, so your day is probably closer to finished even as mine is just getting rolling. Hope it's been a good one.
    TE, I hope your day is going well.
    Acy, have fun at bingo. I'm sure that is a fun event to help out with.

It's been a very busy week. Bad weather, middle child had an epic puke Tuesday night (took us a good hour and a half to get it cleaned up and ourselves!), and all the usual weekly and daily things. Today is going to be more busy than normal. My eldest daughter has her class music performance this morning, then shopping for new dance shoes for her, after school pickup, and finally the dress rehearsal for her dance recital this evening. Thankfully, the rehearsal should be fairly quick and mostly painless as the location of the rehearsal (and recital tomorrow) is much closer to where we live instead of a 40 minute one way drive like last year. Got to to make a couple of phone calls too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

~Ana

11. Mr Stewart

hello to coffee forums,

evanesce, that sounds similar to some of the things I did in cognitive behavioural therapy for OCD problems i have. the good news is that it did really help me with some of my problems. good luck with it and i hope that you find it helpful as well.

12. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Evening Cafe posters!

I have finally decided what language to start learning. It's called Esperanto. I am studying individual words and small stories. I have a little bit of vocabulary already, not much. Gotta start small.

Tommy Tom says 'saluton! (hello)'

We are off!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

13. total eclipse

saluton to you lightbeam what a neat language to learn

14. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Jim's Cafe, Saturday May 3

Morning everyone!!

Was on the phone catching up with 2 long-time friends last night until 1 AM, so even though I didn't get much sleep, it was worth it in order to talk to people I hadn't talked to in years.

Glad it's finally Saturday, hope you all have a good weekend!

15. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Re: Jim's Cafe, Saturday May 3

Hello all - Another cool rainy day in NY but not bad for the 3rd day of April.... WHAT? it is May? This weather SUCKS!!

Now I have that off my chest I am going to try to do a couple small chores been waiting on getting done. Really really do need a sunny day to get some yard work done but that is not in the offering according to the 10 day weather report even.... Might have to let the goats out to trim the lawn down - and the ducks are probably happy with the weather. to so maybe the vote of 4 goats and 6 ducks outweighed my vote on the weather in this democratic society.....

16. Acy

Good morning, Café! :)

Cool and overcast here, too. Sprinkles of rain on and off all day. Doesn't feel like May! In spite of the cool temperatures, yesterday I saw a magnolia tree that's coming into blossom. Beautiful!

WildCherry, long catch-up calls and visits are fun! Glad you had a chance to do that!
    NYJmpMaster, ducks always win...What can you do? And in honor of the lucky ducks, and duck question: What must ducklings do before they grow up? :donald_duck:(Answer: grow down)

Wishing everyone something fun on this first May Saturday!

17. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Supposed to rain here too, for days. Trimmed one bush this morning. About 16 to go. One a week and I may be done by summer's end. Being old, fat, out of shape does not lend one to yard work.

18. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo!

I have more learning of Esperanto. That way I can keep going. I am going to go over my vocabulary lessons again from Part 1.

Time to get to work!

Tommy Tom says 'Saluton!'

We are off!

:hug: to everyone!

-Jason and Tommy Tom

19. Mr Stewart

afternoon,

i spent the day doing CPR course for work. it was good to finally learn those techniques. chest compressions and such. how to use the emergency defibrillator in the office.

20. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Jim's Cafe, Sunday May 4th

Jimk, we continue to miss you and hope you have found true contentment and happiness.

Another Sunday is here. Sunday would be a great day, if it wasn't followed by Monday and the beginning of another week of the rat race. But I don't expect that will change anytime soon. I will just try and make the most of today. A bit of time at church, and a bunch of time relaxing. Although I should really clean the microwave. :pullinghair:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.