Jim's cafe Tuesday 29th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, peeps. Hope you're all having a good day. I woke up about an hour ago and the strangest thing occurred, I felt calm and had no anxiety at all, like zero, that is super rare for me and damn, such a good feeling that I had to share it with you guys, its a rare occurrence. Is that how ''ordinary'' people wake up? Calm and relaxed? Just a question and sorry, off topic for the cafe. Thanks, SF for always being there through good and bad times.

How is everyone else feeling today?

1601376292932.png 1601376343899.png

Coffee for you all waking up this morning and hot chocolate for those of you heading to bed :)

1601376407671.png 1601376430772.png

Let's get chatting 💟

What is the most beautiful song you have heard? (feel free to post a link)

What makes a person beautiful to you?

Do you think living in the present is more or less challenging than living in the past? Why?

Who in your family are you most like?

Who is your oldest friend? How did you meet them?

1601376705783.png

@ShyGuy @may71 @cymbele @Lane @Kiwi2016 @Human Ex Machinae @MisterBGone @Inya @RCee @bobbob

Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I can wake up calm, but I have no idea what it's like to wake up well rested. haha

It's hard to pick just one. But one that comes to mind is "The Rose".

Being a kind and compassionate person.

Do you think living in the present is more or less challenging than living in the past? Why?
Probably easier because it was harder to do things in the past. We definitely have it easier with all of the technological advances.

Maybe my mom or my nephew.

I have some friends that I met in elementary school and I'm still in contact with them.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening up the Café @Champagne ! It's well after 9pm here in AUS and I was just about to open it up myself but couldn't find the keys! Joking! :D I still have some things that I brought along though ;)

inspirational-quote-be-kind-to-yourself-today-happy-tuesday-cup-morning-coffee-white-paper-not...jpg

INT9299 Biggest Morning Tea_Social_FA_WebTile.jpg

r678_0_6681_3377_w576_h298_fmax.jpg

I always struggle with the questions so I'll come back later to answer them. Though today's look quite doable for me. Haha.

Tagging @ShyGuy @Juella @extraterrestrialone @Baywasp @SamIAm @Auri @JMG @Kiwi2016 @Nick the Fantastical Duck @Kez1986 .... come along, take a seat and relax in Jim's Café! *grouphug2

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Are you taking about the seal song 🎶 @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ ??? ;D (no worries...)!~*

And very good pictures, there - especially at the end! @Champagne ! ;)

I guess I’ve been, not so much obsessed with think ing about my guitar tone - as of late; but that’s mostly what I’ve been paying attention to... given that my playing has gone to complete “rubbish!” ;D —& so anyway, I’ve got no where near the chops of this lad, nor his predecessor; or he whom which this fine fellow was inspired (both now since long gone. . .) — but I could chase his “sound,” easier than his playing per se // which, at best, you know if I were to approach it like a classical guitarist would a piece by Beethoven, something like that. . . It would still turn out to be a “poor imitation!” And no, that would not be the most supreme form of adornment! Ironically; the other guy - the one whom he is inspired by —(I can fake his tone best!)... ~•*^> \ but that’s not saying a lot_ ; )

Just different. While they wouldn’t have to deal with or face the ills afforded us by free divisiveness of social media & such - we don’t have to hunt for our dinner s (unless we want/choose to!) ;););)
No one. But I do share some inner similarities or parallels with my Mom. But god knows that on paper nobody would believe it!!! :D
Who is your oldest friend? How did you meet them? I don’t remember; it was the 80’s & im calling interference on the hair!!;)
That which radiates from within. . . (Sounds lifted from a greeting card,)~•*^_|>*•)
Do you think living in the present is more

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
That's an incredibly hard one to pick, best I can do is narrow it down to :
Hurt (Johnny Cash)
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Danny Boy
Also, Rik Wakeman once performed a musical tribute when David Bowie passed away, this instrumental version of Life on Mars was stunning

Their personality, particularly their ability to show intelligence and consideration and compassion towards others

I'd say it's equally challenging. Hurdles exist in both for us to negotiate.

Thankfully no one, does the world really need another like-minded fucker such as myself running around? *dunno

Pal I used to work with from way back in 1987.

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
Ey :D Thanks for the tag @Champagne :)

I can only answer the "What's the most beautiful song" question :p

Depending on mood, how well rested I am, do I have listeners fatigue on a given day...

This song is pretty high on that list:

Kettel - Shinjuku Inn
It's electronic / IDM and oh my ^__^ I guess it's more of a "if I could fall in love with a song" - this would be it.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening and the tag @Champagne...wishing you a beautiful day and may your wake up mood carry you throughout the day :)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Someone whose innate genuine compassion is expressed effortlessly through their actions and words

Do you think living in the present is more or less challenging than living in the past? Why
I think each had/has their challenges. Having watched the PBS series where families were embedded in the 19th century either in urban environments or on a farm---the daily existence of life was hard e.g. preparing food on wood stoves, a week to do laundry etc. etc. But in the present - the challenges to me at least seem to be the onslaught of social media, instant news etc. 24/7, the growing economic disparity. So, I guess I would prefer to have lived in the past where at least the challenges were more concrete if that makes any sense.

As an only child of only children and no family left...I see in myself both the good and bad of both my parents somehow concentrated in me--some of which I like and some of which I wish I could rid myself of.

My friend whom I met while interning and at grad school in a museum in 1989...though we don't talk often...when we do it's as if no time has passed somehow.

Tagging @Begerac @Sunday16 @nick @JMG @mpk @auburnfrog @Innocent Forever @nobodyknows71 @1964dodge @Lane

Wishing all a great Tuesday

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Good morning Champagne😊.

I woke up about an hour ago and the strangest thing occurred, I felt calm and had no anxiety at all, like zero, that is super rare for me and damn, such a good feeling that I had to share it with you guys, its a rare occurrence. Is that how ''ordinary'' people wake up? Calm and relaxed? Just a question and sorry, off topic for the cafe.

This isn’t off topic Champagne! you’re always wishing us all a happy wake up time (among other times) So why not you too!? that itself makes waking up for me happier! and glad you had such a nice wakeup! 🌞. my wake up this morning was kind of unusual too with a pretty strange dream, but i also woke with the feeling that my strengths are getting stronger and that made me feel good for a change. i don’t know how ordinary people wake up! who knows, maybe i’m ordinary🤪. but i’m happy to enjoy the good wake up with you whomever its like!

How is everyone else feeling today?

i’m feeling good😊

Coffee for you all waking up this morning
already awake and smelling the coffee...😍

lately i’ve been loving billie eilish songs (just mentioning). the other day, one really touched me... maybe that’s just this week or month or whenever, maybe longer. I think Claude Debussy has actually touched heaven with some of his music... but i’m always falling in love with one song or another for one reason or another all the time. just click on my “I Am So Amazed By The Music On This Planet” link in my signature below to get a hint of some of the music i love for its incredible beauty.

its simply that smile that comes out from within 😊. the real, the good, the touching & connecting...

this is an interesting question do you mean like living now here in 2020 september as opposed to say february of 1952 for example? or do you mean living for “the now” and not being hung up on those issues in your life of long ago? maybe 1952 was easier than today. but 1954 may have been a huge challenge for me. and 2020 is full of complexities that i feel are not really beneficial for the human mind. yet they do move us forward and need to be. that is complex and challenging. i’m not sure i remember 1954, but at the present time i’m in the process of liberating myself from a lifetime of conforming and catering to the feelings, opinions and demands coming from other people in my life and everywhere rather than being who i really was back then and am trying to be now. this is a huge challenge but i’ve faced many challenges in my life and even though this one may be the most challenging and certainly not easy, it is also the one i’m truly committed to accomplishing and soon. that makes me hopeful and happy and that makes it easier than it otherwise would be.

its my sister! we share much in common and that may include some form of abuse/neglect in childhood that we help each other with now. she and i look the most alike amongst the siblings and yes! in many ways, she and i are quite similar!

sadly, i do not have friends with whom the friendship lasted. a guy i knew in highschool for a couple years? a few people/classmates in college - but they all went their own ways after we graduated. maybe it is my sister i just mentioned above, but maybe it is me - the person i have so much trouble conveying to other people. if its me, me is someone who i’m really only lately getting to know! but this me wants to meet other real people too. maybe next year i’ll have an answer that actually pinpoints with whom else i’ll have a lasting friendship with.

coming to the café and trying to answer these questions so often really keeps my mind working. very therapeutic. Thanks!

Happy tuesday everyone! 🌞🌞🌞

Last edited:

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tags @Champagne and @Kira

There's a Spurs match today, but idk if I'm looking forward to it too much because Spurs' head coach Jose Mourinho has basically said that they will be deprioritizing the Carabao Cup due to a fixtures pileup as their league position and Europa League are more important. And my favorite player is already injured :(

"Do Impossible Things" by Jens Lekman. [The beginning uses a sample of the song from the theatre scene in Dead Poets Society. Not sure if that's a song in its own right outside of the movie or not.]

Kindness
At first glance, the past sounds harder, but maybe not.
I'm kinda like my mom. I can be pretty shy but like to act silly with people when I'm really comfortable with them.
I think my best friend Kayla. We met on the first day of middle school (age 12, in 2005.) We were in the same class. First period of the day was some boring tech class where we had to build stuff mostly. I'm bad at that. The very first day we had to partner up and figure out how to build the tallest tower we could out of newspaper. She was the new kid and no one knew her, and I was the weird kid that no one really liked, so we ended up partners. Our friendship blossomed from there (although there was a period near the beginning where I was scared I would lose her to "the popular girls.")

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Thanks for opening up the Café @Champagne ! It's well after 9pm here in AUS and I was just about to open it up myself but couldn't find the keys! Joking! :D I still have some things that I brought along though ;)

View attachment 38486

View attachment 38487

View attachment 38488

I always struggle with the questions so I'll come back later to answer them. Though today's look quite doable for me. Haha.

Tagging @ShyGuy @Juella @extraterrestrialone @Baywasp @SamIAm @Auri @JMG @Kiwi2016 @Nick the Fantastical Duck @Kez1986 .... come along, take a seat and relax in Jim's Café! *grouphug2
hey, didn’t see the tag and thanks very much Kira!!!😊 and i will be kind...

Inya

babaya gayolera
I was around 8 when I first heard this song on the radio and it stunned me. I could hardly wait for my dad to come home to ask him about it, he was a musician. Next day we made a very simple pan flute. This song will always remind me of him.

Naturalness, spontaneousness.

Depends when in the past. Anyway, I think life is easier now but also lonelier.

A lot like my father and totally different from anyone else.

My best friend for 40 years, we met in grade school.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Champagne :)

I'm glad you woke up anxiety free today *hug
My anxiety has been through the roof recently. Pretty much having to survive full time on my PRN right now.

Pearly Dew Drops Drop by Cocteau Twins.

The desire to lift people up when they are suffering.

I took this as a metaphorical question about whether we as individuals live in our own past or not. For me, it's easier to live in the past as I already know it, how it turns out. But it would be healthier to live in the present, not letting the past trap you in unhappy places.
If we're talking literally, I'd say the present. It's easier for us to travel away from abuse, we have the internet to aid us and provide contact with people when we're alone.

As long as it's not either of my parents I'll be happy. I think I'm similar to my brother although he has far more confidence than I do.

I'm still friends with someone who I met at nursery school, so 47 years now. My closest friend I met when I was 15 so 36 years ago.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi everyone. *hug

Picking favourites is not my forte, but picking favourite songs is like picking children... *blue And after thinking about it way too long, I'm giving up, sorry, there are far too many. :p

The more I get to understand them, the more beautiful they are to me.

It's more difficult, we tend to dwell in the past instead of learning from it.

My grandmother on my dad's side. At least that's how I hope I am?

I met my 4 best friends in the beginning of middle/high school, when we were 12. I didn't know anyone in the school so had to go somewhere during the breaks, and I met my first best friend - don't laugh! - in a philately club. Years later, we're still grandmas in disguise. lol

ShyGuy

What is the most beautiful song you have heard? (feel free to post a link) There are a lot of very, very beautiful songs I could mention. I'll just say "Dancing in the Moonlight." It makes me think of me and my old friends dancing under the night sky on a dock, and it makes me cry in happiness (and regret for losing their friendship) everytime.

What makes a person beautiful to you? If they have wonderful taste in anime, video games, manga, and cartoons. And if they're truly kind, respectful, and forgiving. And their talent. And if they pretend to be a catgirl or catboy or doggirl or dogboy or any animal lady or any animal man or an anime or cartoon or video game character.

Do you think living in the present is more or less challenging than living in the past? Why? Yess. You were judged less harshly in the past, it seems like..

Who in your family are you most like? Uh.. better for me to not answer that question. (My Nephew, who loves video games and has a huge interest in playing older video games as well. But my family and some folks online make fun of me in mean, rude-sounding ways for being so similar to my Nephew.)

Who is your oldest friend? How did you meet them? The toxic ex-best-friend for 15 years who says I have to unparty with him in online MMORPG towns because he's "embarassed to let anyone know that we're friends," and he always made sexual jokes about doing sexual things with a lot of my old friends and ex-girlfriends when we played Super Mario World together, and when I'd fall in the lava and die whenever he did that, he said it's funny watching me mess up from him and that it's "cute when I'm mad." And he always convinces everyone I met irl and online to hate me and like him instead, and 95% of them then complain to me later on that he was a gigantic pervert to them. And he always put me down all the time, saying that he could make my projects himself "in less than a day" and stuff like that. I met him at a Hamtaro message board in the summer of year 2002.

Last edited:

KindaOtiose

Kindness, nonjudgmental, sense of humor.

If you mean in terms of time periods, living in the past is far more difficult than living in the present, just due to the advancement in technology.

I'm not sure. Certainly not like my siblings.

I have a few friends from when I was around 8 or 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00