Jim's Cafe - Tuesday January 12th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Hey everyone, hope you are all having a good day :) Thought I'd post the cafe today since one hasn't been posted in a couple days.
Today's theme is random as in talk about or post pix of whatever you want ;) I thought of a few questions that can be answered if you want too, sorry if they are boring just wanted them to be fairly easy ones to answer lol.

1. What is your fave holiday?
2. What is your least fave holiday?
3. Do you enjoy reading books?
4. Do you think you would be happy living on a deserted island completely alone (never seeing another person ever again) for the rest of your life if you had all the food and physical comfort/safety you needed to survive?
5. Do you ever shop online?

happytuesday.jpg

Tagging: @Kiwi2016 @Lane @1964dodge @Walker @may71 @StrangeRanger @Innocent Forever @Road to Nowhere @Champagne (will do more in another post) ;) :)

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you @JMG for opening the cafe and inviting me. i hope you have an amazing day.

1. fave holiday : christmas

2 least fave holiday : valentines day ( too comercial )

3. reading books : sometimes

4. deserted island : not alone. but if i could bring my wonderful wife i'd do it in a heartbeat

5. shopping online : i do most of my shopping online

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Oops also @The Tigress β™‘ @Harmony @PrincessPure @Pebble mouse @Livelife

Ok here's my answers to the q's now :p ;)

Halloween

Christmas

Yup.

4. Do you think you would be happy living on a deserted island completely alone (never seeing another person ever again) for the rest of your life if you had all the food and physical comfort/safety you needed to survive?
No.

Yes.

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer πŸ¦‹
SF Supporter
--- Its cheesy... But Valentines day. I've been single my whole life, but I'm not sad on Valentines day. Cute stuff, candy, caring intentions. You can give stuff to your friends too you know..I have none..to give any to. But if I did! I would give gifts to friends.. πŸ’œ its a nice occasion.

--- Living in America, 4th of July... I just really don't like the hyper patriotism here...its cult like. Just my opinion. But if others enjoy it, hey man...no judgment.

-- gonna be honest here..no. I always had ADD so its hard to finish one...I can start, but never finish them. Ever... Literally the only series I finished, as a kid, was Harry potter lol... Music is my thing...but I'm trying to force myself to read more...Ive had a "To Read" pile for years...

-- I think I would need a maan..with me.. XD lol πŸ–€

----- ughhhh. I feel called out...xD lol
I need to quit. In my defense, its small items..that build up. However.. One big thing, I'm waiting on my keyboard and mouse though. I got a laptop too. I haven't had a computer for.. like 7 years.. Just use my phone for everything or go to the library..which is hasslesome...so. that'll be nice...

@JMG Thank you ma'am! 😁 those pics did help a little. I hope Tuesday is okay and manageable for you too. And anyone here today.. Its a rough one today..*hug

Christmas
There aren't really any that I don't like
Would I have internet access?
Not that often. I think Jeff Bezos is a bastard.

Harmony

SF Supporter
Hi everyone. Thanks for the tag and opening the cafe @JMG

1. What is your fave holiday? Halloween
2. What is your least fave holiday? Christmas, too much pressure!
3. Do you enjoy reading books? Yes, I love reading books but I love having the time to relax and read them even more.
4. Do you think you would be happy living on a deserted island completely alone (never seeing another person ever again) for the rest of your life if you had all the food and physical comfort/safety you needed to survive? Oh definitely not, I need in-person human interaction!
Yes, I do. It can be difficult will clothing, so I tend to avoid shopping for it online as you never know if it will fit or the color is accurately pictured etc and returns can be a huge hassle.

Hope everyone is doing well if not, please keep hanging in there as hard as it may seem *hug

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Christmas, my brother does a Christmas challenge each year, great entertainment, and lots of presents.
Easter holiday, I usually end up working through all of it, and dont ask me why, but my side hurts worst in the summer, maybe because im more active when its warm? Who knows.
Yup, I shot through 9 books in a few months recently, then something very bad happened at the end of one of them and I'm afraid to read the next one. Suffice-it-to-say, my Kindle account is impressive.
ABSOLUTELY NO! We need other people to validate our existance, its the reason we tell each other about our days, if only we know what happened, its as good as it not having happened, once we forget it, or pass away, it is lost forever, and if we dont share our lives with anyone WE are lost forever the moment we die, like we never happened.
Increasingly often, come on, there is a pandemic on, why DOESNT shop online atm :P

View attachment 41973
Lol, I want to show the above picture to a depressed person like it is the answer.

This is true and also has a very obvious reason, what we are, we are, we dont need to work too hard at it, we dont need to fight to keep it, it simply IS, we dont need to pay any attention to be ourselves, but once we reach something we lack or something we dont have, it stops us in our tracks and closes off our options until we give it our full focus and overcome the shortcoming. We value what we dont have and what we are not because it is just so much more noticeable than what we have and what we are, its also why we tend to undervalue ourselves as people, because to us everything we are is just normal, no matter how extraordinary we may be, we are our own baseline, the ultimate boring and average.

P.s. I saw this and it made me laugh.

You can see on his face he knows that he is pushing it with the period one...

Livelife

SF Supporter
Oops also @The Tigress β™‘ @Harmony @PrincessPure @Pebble mouse @Livelife

Ok here's my answers to the q's now :p ;)

Halloween

Christmas

Yup.

No.

Yes.
Thank you for the tag @JMG

1. I don't have a fav holiday...but Easter is nice...All the colors.... the children hunting for the pretty eggs, the colorful candy baskets, springtime flowers and trees, and women used to wear colorful hats and outfits, not sure if they still do...
2. Winter holidays are my least.....focus is mostly on family and connection...I'm glad for those that have it though
3. Reading was a passion and constant throughout my life...it's more occasional now
4. NO*thumbsdown
5. Yes, for a few things

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00