Jim's Cafe- Tuesday, October 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Hi everyone! Welcome to Jim's Cafe!

Today's theme for the questions is clothes.

1. What does your favorite shirt look like?
2. Do you have any interesting socks? If so, what patterns or colors are they?
3. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
4. Do you like to wear hats?

It's getting colder out where I am lately so I've brought some pho. First one is beef and second is vegan.
1603775531976.png
1603775461929.png

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I'll answer my questions to get us started.
1. What does your favorite shirt look like? My favorite shirt is Tottenham Hotspur's 2018-19 third shirt. It's a really cool pattern inspired by the map of North London where they're from, and I like the colors too. This shirt became relatively well-liked among Spurs supporters after a few memorable matches were played in them, including the match in which they qualified for the Champions League final at the last possible moment.
n17.jpg
2. Do you have any interesting socks? If so, what patterns or colors are they? I used to have a lot when I was a kid. I now have a few pairs of camouflage socks with the Pittsburgh Pirates' (baseball team) logo on them from when my roommate worked at the ballpark, and I have one pair of blue socks with pugs in various poses on them.
I have 4 pairs that I wear. 2 pairs of sneakers, 1 pair of boots, and a pair of slides when I need something quick to throw on. I also still have my cleats from rugby that I haven't used in forever, and an old pair of flip flops, plus some shoes with holes in them I never bothered to throw away.
Yes I do. I have baseball caps and beanies/knit hats or whatever. My favorites are the ones with my favorite teams' logos, but I have ones that are different. I don't wear them all the time, but I do wear the beanies a lot in winter

Dots

Misknown Member
Hey Baywasp and all,

Thanks for opening and inviting me. It's still Monday for me, but I'm going to get to this while I can't sleep.

Btw, your spoiler alert should say: warning, look at your own risk. stomach may grumble. The food looks very good.

It's cold here too. I'll add a nice fireplace and some divine hot cocoa.

1603777659374.png

1603777692980.png

Yikes, can't make pics smaller.

My favorite professional shirt is a tight black leotard thing. My most comfortable shirt is very stereotypically american. it says something like 'save the planet, have a whiskey' but it's comfortable and goes down to my knees.
2. Do you have any interesting socks? If so, what patterns or colors are they? No.. I used to like getting funky looking socks with funky designs but I lose them too much to keep investing in the funk.
eh... 1..2.....3..4... 10... 15 .. a billion. I have a lot of shoes.
I like the way they add personality to people... I like sun hats and beanies, but don't often wear them due to the sorry nature of my hair, which is naturally curly and therefore naturally hat resistant.

I've nodded off twice now. Time for sleep. Goodnight.

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
I like to wear black tshirts, I know like a funeral clothes or sometimes anything soft in general that allows me to be comfy when I sweat or braless sometimes hehe

Nope, normal socks. But I like blue, purple and pink and all those happy pastel colors also😺

3 to be exact.

Nope. Beanie yea sometimes.

pooky

You are valuable
Thank you @Baywasp for opening the cafe

What does your favorite shirt look like? My favorite shirt is a full sleeve white or blue t-shirt

Do you have any interesting socks? If so what patterns or colors are they? I have one pair of brown socks with polka dots design in it. I wear it often

How many pairs of shoes do you have? 4 pairs - 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of casual wear that I wear anywhere and 1 pair of flip flops

Do you like to wear hats? Yes on occasion when I am traveling I like to wear sun hats but in general, no

Inviting @Lane @Optimistic Goatman @1964dodge @Kiwi2016 @Champagne @Sunspots @ShyGuy @MarvelFan @bobbob @Citizen Insane

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I threw out my favorite shirt when I moved... don't have one now, I guess.

I am staunchly a black ankle length sock guy but I did buy a pack of socks with designs because I needed a pair for the wedding and the only ones I could find came in a pack of 4, I believe, so the others have designs on - like argyle and shit. I haven't worn them though.

I threw out all my shoes except those that were basically new when I moved and replaced them with new ones so I have a bunch now. I think about 5. Maybe 6 even.

I used to wear a hat all the time but don't anymore. Now my head requires gel, patience and haircuts.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey all, happy Tuesday. Hope we're all coping well so early into the week. *grouphug2
Thanks for opening the cafe @Baywasp and thanks for tagging me @pooky. *hug*hug

It's a fan-made t-shirt with a minimalist design based on the protagonist of a very beautiful game called the Bastion.
Although i also really love my oversized Rolling Stones t-shirt.

I think i have a pair of Homer Simpson socks knocking around somewhere, but beyond that, i mainly like the ones where the heel and toes are coloured in, because they're way easier to put on correctly.

I have like 5 or 6, but some of them have been sort of retired. I have 3 i actually wear - 1 pair of comfy canvas shoes, my usual go to, another pair that are more stylish, but viciously attack the backs of my feet every time i wear them, and a pair of hiking boots.

Yeah, i tend to wear beanies basically all the time, especially since my hair got long enough to get in my face, since wearing a hat to hold it in place is easier than getting a haircut in the middle of nowhere in these troubled times.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Hey Baywasp and all,

Thanks for opening and inviting me. It's still Monday for me, but I'm going to get to this while I can't sleep.

Btw, your spoiler alert should say: warning, look at your own risk. stomach may grumble. The food looks very good.

It's cold here too. I'll add a nice fireplace and some divine hot cocoa.

View attachment 39678

View attachment 39679

Yikes, can't make pics smaller.

My favorite professional shirt is a tight black leotard thing. My most comfortable shirt is very stereotypically american. it says something like 'save the planet, have a whiskey' but it's comfortable and goes down to my knees.
2. Do you have any interesting socks? If so, what patterns or colors are they? No.. I used to like getting funky looking socks with funky designs but I lose them too much to keep investing in the funk.
3. How many pairs of shoes do you have? eh... 1..2.....3..4... 10... 15 .. a billion. I have a lot of shoes.
4. Do you like to wear hats? I like the way they add personality to people... I like sun hats and beanies, but don't often wear them due to the sorry nature of my hair, which is naturally curly and therefore naturally hat resistant.

I've nodded off twice now. Time for sleep. Goodnight.
I was only going to highlight like the first answer to the question, then it became the second & third- (so I thought... heck with it?!.;) they’re all so hilarious 😂 one ☝️ “?” Do u look like Natalie Portman, or Mika Kunis in Black Swan 🦢?? - when ‘on the job!’ Cuz I for one sure woodnt be messin’ with ya then- :D

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
My favorite shirt is a black one with an IRISH ☘️ logo in green . . . (Girl I used to work with - who was “Irish,” as in AMERICAN 🇺🇸;)) used to love ❤️ it when I did that...:D “oh? I’m gona where my Korean shirt 👚 to-morrow!” ;) ~*•>\\_).^ __(this replaced the well worn ice t “home invasion,” shirt I’d worn since for ever - & made its way through extravagant places such as gross anatomy labs & whatnot (“gross,” usually entailing or meaning an in depth study of a particular place, or region of the human body - in this case, which, can at times, indeed be “gross,” unless you like digging around in someone’s dead grandma or grandpa- in especial when you don’t really yet know what the heck it is your ‘Lookin for!’) it was controversial- especially when I’d had a gun toting roommate who’s brother was a cop & they’d get off on descriptions of what bullets do to different body organs (in terms of the damage & etc.), so he was not a fan -& was so extraordinarily happy when out state announced the legalization of “carry & conceal-“ but I’d rather it be like my folks state - which is “open carry,” or open & carry... but, at least this way: you know what you’re dealing with! ;)
What were we taking about again? Movies? Music? Raining / snowing 🌨 hurricane s a blowing ?.?.!.;^) _~*•^]
And my shoes collection probably most resembles ~J_lo’s!;) ya know?? ;)

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Good morning.
More rain today which is such a shame. I much prefer a sunny autumn day walking through the crisp leaves. How is everyone today? I’m struggling but trying not to. Trying to ignore that feeling in the pit of my stomach. It difficult though sometimes. So distraction time trying to answer the questions.

I tend to wear the same top in different colours. Roll neck at this time of year, long sleeved soft stretchy fabric. Usually where black, grey or dark colours

I love fluffy socks. Have to be really warm because my feet are always so cold.

I rotate around 3 pairs mostly. A pair of converse for weekends, a pair of DM’s for work and a pair of fluffy crocs for that extra comfort factor in the house and around the garden. I know crocs are the most unfashionable item but they are so warm and comfy.

Very rarely. Only if it’s very very cold and I’m having to go outside. I own one fluffy hat and that’s all.

Thank you for the distraction, it worked for a while. Take care everyone. Have a good day. Xx *hug

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hi everyone! Welcome to Jim's Cafe!

Today's theme for the questions is clothes.

It's getting colder out where I am lately so I've brought some pho. First one is beef and second is vegan.

Good morning and thank you for opening cafe @Baywasp baywaspand tagging me @pooky.

Food looks really good. 🤗

Favorite T shirt my son got for me while he was thrifting. Its a picture from my favorite artist Gustave Klimt. It hangs in my closet and I never wore it. Just special.

2. I had one of little dogs with bones but now one's missing! 😫 need Halloween ones now that you mention it.

3. Enough. But not enough

4. Baseball caps mainly, sure. Like winter hats with pom poms. Nerd

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for tagging me @Baywasp & for opening the cafe :)
I tag - @StrangeRanger @Unknown_111 @foreverforgotten @sinking_ship @Innocent Forever
Think most of the other regulars were already tagged sorry if I forgot someone

starrynightswshirt.png

Yup, lots. I have polka dot printed ones, striped, emoji faces & tie dye (love tie dye things). Think I have some others too but can't remember them right now sorry lol.

At least 10-20.

Yup, only when needed though (on a sunny summer day usually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00