Took 5 years to learn how to make a custom title.
You wouldn't BELIEVE how close I came to posting this Cafe without remembering it was valentines day! (Its the curse of a lonely bastard it seems) but with no further ado: Welcome one and all to Jim's Cafe - Valentine's Day! I usually try not to do the Cafe too often, but I liked some of the topics I could do for this one, well, that was before remembering it was Valentines day, a day that I have no business leading given my special "forever alone" status, but I'm kinda down a path here, so I'm just gonna make it the best damned Cafe I can!
So, aside from Valentine's Day it is also (among other things) "Marriage Day", "Donor Day", "Cream-Filled Chocolates Day", "International Book-Giving Day", "Pet Theft Awareness Day", "Flirting Week", "Bake For Family Fun Month", and "Library Lover's Month". So for today I will be keeping the "tables" idea from last Cafe and will be having Two tables today: The Lover's Table and the Flying Solo Table, though I think I'm gonna do the facts before splitting you up this time.
Whatever table you end up on, today is the day to shout out those messages of love! (It is Valentines Day, Cream-Filled Chocolates Day, Flirting Week and Marriage Day, how many more excuses do you need??) Just remember to keep it PC people, there are some underage users on this site! (No naughty stories, sorry) So without further ado, The Fun (and sometimes not so fun) Facts:
1) Not a fun one, but important, during this last year pet thefts have skyrocketed for obvious reasons, everyone wants a companion in these lonely times and too many people are stealing others and selling them on, also Dogs are 5 times more likely to be stolen than cats, so keep your furry little loved ones close this Valentines Day and beyond.
2) The very first Valentine was sent in the 15th Century in the form of a poem written by a French Duke named Charles to his wife in 1415 whilst he was imprisoned in the Tower of London at only 21 years old.
3) The red rose is the favourite flower of Venus, the Roman god of love.
4) In the middle ages, young men and women would draw names from a bowl to determine their valentine and wear the name on their sleeve for a week, displaying it for all to see, supposedly this is where the phrase "to wear your heart on your sleeve" came from
5) A Pro-Tip for anyone sending chocolates this year, according to National Confectioners Association, Caramels are the most popular flavour of chocolate boxes, followed by chocolate-covered nuts, chocolate filled and cream filled... then coconut... to each their own I suppose.
Welcome you lovely and lucky people! Welcome to the table of Love, Lust and Chocolate (and Envy from anyone sitting at a different table)! May your days be happy and night be special. Lets try to make this heartfelt, and remember, feel free to spread those messages and stories of love. Honestly being reminded that you don't have to be a "happy and stable" normie to have a significant other is welcome.
1) Do you have a Significant Other? If so how long have you been together and how did you meet?
2) Have you ever made your own chocolates? What was the occasion and how did it turn out?
3) Do you have any plans for today?
4) What is your favourite thing about your Significant Other?
5) Tell us a love story of yours, doesn't matter what, whatever moves your heart.
Hey you solo warriors you! Whether you like to spread your net wide, like to keep it simple, or simply have no one to be with, welcome to the Flying Solo Table! Please feel free to share memories of Love and happiness if you wish, but out of respect to the forever alone crowd (myself included ) I will be keeping the questions Solo oriented and focusing on the other celebrations of the day.
1) Do you have a pet? If so, tell us about them (pictures welcome).
2) Have you ever given blood?
3) What is your favourite book and why?
4) When was your last adventure, and what was it? (any adventure counts).
5) What are your FAVOURITE chocolates?
6) Do you have any fun Valentines Rituals you observe as a single person?
I will try to invite anyone I can think of, so if I have missed anyone out, please feel free to invite them and give them a happy valentines message whilst you're at it if you like, and hijacking the threat for whatever reason is good too
Ok, time to start the tagging...
@Aurelia @FlamingoWrangler @HappyKitty @johnDoen @Kiwi2016 @cymbele @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16