• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's cafe Wednesday 14th October

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to Jim's cafe everyone, happy humpday. Hope y'all have a peaceful, joyful day.

1602667526602.png 1602667547510.png

Here are some facts so weird you won't think they are true

Blood donors in Sweden receive a text when their blood is used.

A woman who lost her wedding ring found it 16 years later on a carrot in her garden.

The inventor of the Pringles can is now buried in one.

Sunglasses were originally designed for Chinese judges to hide their facial expressions in court.

Children of identical twins are genetically siblings, not cousins.

Source: https://bestlifeonline.com/weird-amazing-facts/?nab=0

1602667647004.png 1602667665761.png 1602667689733.png

• Do you know anyone who is living their life to the fullest?
  • What is your idea of the perfect day?
  • Who has been the most influential person in your life and why?
  • What book had a big influence on you?
  • Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger?

@Jayjay289 @ShyGuy @Auri @extraterrestrialone @JMG @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @StrangeRanger @HappyKitty @Sunspots @MisterBGone

pooky

You are valuable :-)
Thank you @Champagne for opening the cafe and for the invitation

Do you know anyone who is living their life to the fullest? Yes, a few acquaintances and my cousins

What is your idea of a perfect day? Spending time with loved ones

Who has been the most influential person in your life and why? Dad for supporting me, working hard. I can learn a lot from him

What book had a big influence on you? Zero to one by petel theil, good for learning and implementation

Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger? Yes, in some areas

Tagging @BritishBloke @Shadowlands @Blue Star @ShyGuy @bobbob @Foreignwoman @Aurelia @Somebody Else @shattered dreams @Shannew

Kafka

Public Access
Do you know anyone who is living their life to the fullest? I think that is mostly a mindset. And no not personally.

What is your idea of a perfect day? Dunno about perfect, but a good day is a walk and talk with a good friend.

Who has been the most influential person in your life and why? Dunno

What book had a big influence on you? Kafka's The Castle

Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger? Yes, I take life less seriously

snowraven

Welcome to Jim's cafe everyone, happy humpday. Hope y'all have a peaceful, joyful day.

View attachment 39190 View attachment 39191

Here are some facts so weird you won't think they are true

Blood donors in Sweden receive a text when their blood is used.

A woman who lost her wedding ring found it 16 years later on a carrot in her garden.

The inventor of the Pringles can is now buried in one.

Sunglasses were originally designed for Chinese judges to hide their facial expressions in court.

Children of identical twins are genetically siblings, not cousins.

Source: https://bestlifeonline.com/weird-amazing-facts/?nab=0

View attachment 39192 View attachment 39193 View attachment 39194

• Do you know anyone who is living their life to the fullest? No
  • What is your idea of the perfect day? At the moment one where I can sleep all day
  • Who has been the most influential person in your life and why? That's a tough one as there have been many
  • What book had a big influence on you? Many but the last one was Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein
  • Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger? Most definitely.

@Jayjay289 @ShyGuy @Auri @extraterrestrialone @JMG @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @StrangeRanger @HappyKitty @Sunspots @MisterBGone
Morning to everyone. Best wishes to you all. Hope your day goes well.

Lane

SF Supporter
Good morning SF friend n thank you for opening and tagging me @Champagne. Your memes are super cute today.

1. My one friend who has just beat cancer, she worked while she had it and her job involves fundraising. She deals with family issues and continues to exercise and maintain her marriage and friendships. She's really amazing to me and deals with all her emotions, I noticed she still laughs alot.

2. Perfect day= no stress. Seeing new things with my daughter maybe. Favorite meal.

3. The women in my family, good and bad.

4. The Poisonwood Bible

5. Yes, able to look back now. Age is real 😳 tenor (2).gif

WolfGoddess

No, because I don't know that it exists. I definitely know people who are living in a way that is authentic and meaningful to themselves, which is my goal
No such thing. I aim for "good enough" :)
At a personal level it is one of my friends (I'm leaving out names) - because of his unwavering love and support through pretty much everything. At a non-personal level, it is definitely Simone de Beauvoir because of all that I have learned and understand through her writing
"Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl
I don't think so? The difference is that now I know what those priorities are and I'm working towards them more effectively (MUCH) than I was back then

StrangeRanger

Happy Wednesday all! Much appreciation for the tag as always as well 😊😊 Interesting facts didn't know some of that stuff actually!

I'm all honesty, no. I know a lot of people who kinda limit themselves. I think we all do in a sense but I just know a lot of people who look at what they want as impossible, its interesting to see...
Maybe a day I forget to think existentially & I'm not so introspective, I don't know haha 😅
Hard to say. I have role models but I've always looked at them on an equal level.
The unabridged, complete works (short stories & poems) of Edgar Allan Poe. I used to carry it with me everywhere I went! His work is just superb, & the feeling he presents in his work is a dark genuine energy I feel a lot of people are afraid to confront. Always one I go back to.
Absolutely & I know they will probably change in time too. I've beco.e more realistic I believe. As a kid I wanted all sorts of different things, now? Definite stability in every sense for sure.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Thanks Champagne. I've got 3 braincells left after work, and I'll devote 2 to your great questions. I'm going to need that third one for navigation, so I can get safely to bed with no unexpected cartwheels or backflips over furniture.
Do you know anyone who is living their life to the fullest?
Me! My life is definitely full of it.
What is your idea of the perfect day?
Sundays are usually kind of nice.
Who has been the most influential person in your life and why?
My ex-wife. Why? To make a looong story very short, she cared when she didn't have to, and still does.
What book had a big influence on you?
The first one I read, when I was nine: The Cat Who Wished To Be A Man by Lloyd Alexander.
Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger?
Yes, because now, I actually have some.

kat319

SF Supporter
  • Do you know anyone who is living their life to the fullest? Yes, my friend B.
  • What is your idea of the perfect day? Sleeping in. Enjoying a good cup of coffee while watching ocean waves. Reading a good book. Having a shrimp and lobster dinner.
  • Who has been the most influential person in your life and why? My mother. She taught me to be independent.
  • What book had a big influence on you? The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
  • Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger? Most definitely.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
  • No

• Coming home tired from a long day at work and sitting out in the garage smoking a cigar and drinking whiskey with my friend.

• My father was the most influential. He was mentally abusive for a long time and it still affects me today.

• I can''t say here because it is religious and would probably be deleted.

• Yes definitely. I used to be very angry and now I am not. If I see something I don't like I just pass it by. My priority used to be to set people straight and now it is not so much unless somebody prods me.

Trixie

• No, not personally.
  • My idea of a perfect day would be exploring some place new, having a great meal afterward, and falling into a restful, blissful sleep at the end of that day.
  • I can think of several people who have influenced my life negatively; but they don't deserve my attention. The only person I can think of who has truly influenced my life in a positive way is my son. He makes me want to be a better person and keep fighting to survive.
  • I'm drawing a blank on this one. I can't think of any book that had any influence on me one way or the other.
  • Yes. When I was younger I thought I wanted a family, a career, and a home. I've had to lower my expectations considerably due to circumstances beyond my control. I didn't get to raise my children; but if I'm truly honest about it, kids and especially babies make me a nervous wreck. Looking back on it now, I think I had at least some awareness of that fact because I absolutely hated my first job as a babysitter. I just wasn't consciously aware of those feelings at that time. During these last 7 years particularly, any career aspirations I had were pretty much beat out of me (figuratively, not literally). Therapy actually helped in that area of my life by forcing me to let go of any hope of a career. Without a stable job, a home simply isn't a possibility. Now, I just want peace and quiet, maybe a few adventures thrown in to break up the monotony.

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
  • Do you know anyone who is living their life to the fullest? There is nobody that I know very well enough to learn it.
  • What is your idea of the perfect day? A Day off with nobody to concern myself in doing except what I want.
  • Who has been the most influential person in your life and why? My mother, she taught me the most.
  • What book had a big influence on you? Quite a few. I admit that Hagakure(Hidden By Leaves) is one that has in part shaped my view of life. Philosophy of the Bushi or Samurai. Patterns of Conflict by John Boyd is another one.
  • Do you think your priorities have changed since you were younger? Yes, I know they have.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$255.00