• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Jim's cafe Wednesday 15th July 2020

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Where is yesterdays's cafe, you slackers!! ;)

Welcome to the cafe, I can't sleep, I'm starving so I'm ordering breakfast for all.

1594785177816.png 1594785187578.png 1594785234566.png

I'm struggling to come up with a theme :D ... just sitting here thinking.... hmmm

I saw this and thought it was funny because it's actually true :D

1594786919580.png

Feeling nostalgic. Favourite memories anyone? When you think of something and wish you could live that day again, those kind of memories. Please share with us :)

If anyone else has an idea for a topic, bring it on :)

@extraterrestrialone @JMG @Baywasp @Road to Nowhere @Lane @Witty✯Sarcasm @Lux @Auri @Nick @Sunspots

RCee

Welcome to the cafe, I can't sleep, I'm starving to I'm ordering breakfast for all.

View attachment 35308 View attachment 35309 View attachment 35310

I'm struggling to come up with a theme :D ... just sitting here thinking.... hmmm

View attachment 35313

Feeling nostalgic. Favourite memories anyone? When you think of something and wish you could live that day again, those kind of memories. Please share with us :)

@extraterrestrialone @JMG @Baywasp @Road to Nowhere @Lane @Witty✯Sarcasm @Lux @Auri @Nick @Sunspots
my old cassette player used to start and stop randomly at the most awkward times!!

also , anyone ever remember the Barney kids toy that for some weird reason would talk without the batteries!

extraterrestrialone

can’t toast bread without burning it
SF Supporter
i have a theme but i can’t tell. sorry! but i’m real hungry and the food looks great. i’m digging in. thanks so much @Champagne been kind of preoccupied lately with a special project. but here i am headed for my favorite café table by the sunny window. its still dark here but i can find something to do (like eating all this food) until the sun🌞 comes up. then maybe if asked i’ll tell a story (maybe there’ll be a theme by then) happy everything everyone!!! 😊🤪😜😍✨

Welcome to the cafe, I can't sleep, I'm starving so I'm ordering breakfast for all.

View attachment 35313

Yeah we missed taco Tuesday

View attachment 35313

Got a theme
What do you do to get thru HUMP DAY????

JMG

~ Crazy Cat LADY ~
Tysm for the tag @Champagne :) Love your avatar icon pic too it's great! ;) Sorry I don't have an idea for a theme other than either "random" which basically isn't a theme anyway lol or maybe just summer? I thought of a couple summer-related q's so I'll just post them here & post a summer themed collage I just put together too lol. If people want to answer the q's that's cool & if not then that is ok too. Ok well I'll answer the q you asked first (cool pix everyone posted too, those burritos look soo mouthwatering wow! lol) and then post my own & answer them too :)

Favourite memories anyone? Yes, lots. Basically all the memories of all the pets I've ever had (5 basically, 4 cats & 1 dog) they've been such a comfort at some of the most upsetting times in my life. The times when I lived with my dad & stepmother but when she would go away somewhere (that was VERY rare unfortunately) cos when it was just him & I it was pretty peaceful & easygoing & I was way more free to eat what I wanted when I wanted and he was just way more laid back.

Fav thing about summer? The long days

Least fave thing about summer? How hot it sometimes gets

Do you like watermelon? It's ok, I like some other kinds of fruit a lot more though.

Do you like pineapple?
Yup it's pretty good.

Will you be glad when summer is over? Yes cos just done with the heat lol.

summercollage.png

Lane

SF Supporter
Good morning. Thank you for tagging me @Champagne.

My neighbor was a beautiful person. Like a father to me. He was patient, sporty, outdoorsy. I have memories of being outdoors playing wiffleball, ping-pong, ice skating (yes he built me a small rink out of wood) building bird houses, bike riding, riding go karts, gardening, and more. I love you Bob.

He would help anyone. I got to see what a man can be like.

Lane

SF Supporter
Liking these ?'s @JMG. It's been really beautiful this summer East coast USA. We could use some more rain though.

Fav thing about summer?
Able to go to outside places, walk around, camping, food

Least fave thing about summer?

Mosquitoes, humidity = frizzy hair

Do you like watermelon?
yes

Do you like pineapple? Yes, just got one of those decorer things.

Will you be glad when summer is over? Yes

extraterrestrialone

can’t toast bread without burning it
SF Supporter
Like these Qs @JMG

Favourite memories anyone? My mind is in complete disarray when it come to this. The question is too generic.

Fav thing about summer? Probably the first time I held a girl's hand...

Least fave thing about summer? Melting in the nyc subway.

Do you like watermelon? Watermelon throws a switch in my brain around July 9 every year and turns off on about September 13. During this period it is certainly my favorite simply because of its friendly taste and life-saving dehydration-reversing qualities.

Do you like pineapple? When ripe exactly perfectly and has the sweet to sour ratio I love it is a pretty nice. Fruit.

Will you be glad when summer is over? yeah i will be. its too hot.

so i have a secret theme i’m playing around with. but i’ll just let it wait for now. these summer Qs did the trick. just glad to be here loving this café.

Last edited:

Davemeister

Hey everyone, and thanks Lane for tagging me!

Fav thing about summer?
Summer heralds the end of the year and the beginning of a new one. Also, me and my sister have birthdays around this time of year. There's New Year's Celebrations and usually exotic and delicious food. There's Christmas as well, which is always nice to share with family.

Least fave thing about summer?
Inconsistent weather. Really, really hot days. Being broke from Christmas shopping. Christmas.

Do you like watermelon?
Yes, I love everything about watermelon except for the white next to the skin.

Do you like pineapple?
Also like pineapple. I'm not big on pineapple juice because it's a bit strongly sweetened. Like it on pizza but not enough to order Hawaiian. Very good on ham steaks.

Will you be glad when summer is over?
Not exactly, there's a sort of ebb throughout the middle of the year and the anticipation of the ever-nearing Christmas period. Christmas can be a sad time of year for me.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00