Jim's cafe Wednesday 21st October ❣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey amazing SF'ers!! Happy hump-day *bounce How y'all today? I hope ye are doing great, here are some cocktails to get this cafe started. Can you make cocktails? What is your favourite cocktail out of these AND in real life *dance4 I'll take the rainbow paradise, damn it looks good.

Tequila sunrise 1603242347908.png Rainbow paradise 1603242367288.png Prosecco 1603242398024.png

Some interesting quotes, its true, you DO have to keep moving forward, a fact of life if you want to leave the past behind - do whatever it takes to get you there 🤗🎈🌈

1603242478126.png 1603242503126.png

Some questions for you peeps to answer in your spare time, enjoy :)

What makes you feel old?

What’s your favorite time of day and why?

What’s something you think everyone should try at least once?

Would you rather vacation in Mexico or Alaska, and why?

What would you change about yourself if you could (or can) ?

@KindaOtiose @pooky @StrangeRanger @Lane @Innocent Forever @MosesY @Livelife @The Tigress ♡ @Road to Nowhere @Blue Star

Last edited:

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey everyone, happy Wednesday! *grouphug2 How's everyone doing making it through their week?
Thanks for opening and for tagging me @Champagne. *hug

What makes you feel old?
Ok, to be clear, i know i'm not old, but i'd say hanging around people about 18 years old. I had this so badly with my flatmates at uni. They just have all this energy and naivety i already don't have any more.

Nighttime. It's cooler, and easier on my eyes so i'm less likely to get a migraine.

I'm generally one who respects that nothing is ideal for absolutely everyone, so i'd probably say going to see their favourite band live in concert. Odds are good that it'll be an experience they'll remember for the rest of their lives.

I would say Alaska, because it's colder and i prefer that, but Alaska has some real drink and drug problems, and i couldn't deal with those up to two months of perpetual day and perpetual night they get over there. It'd mess with my body clock even more than usual, and as mentioned above, those two months of day would not be fun for my head. So i guess it depends on the length of the vacation, what time of the year, and where exactly i would be staying.

I'd probably want to be less of a pain in the ass with my beliefs and thoughts. But that's the way my life has panned out, i kinda can't help it by this stage. :D

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Champagne

my favorite cocktail is a tequila sunrise or i guess would be like a frozen strawberry drink. mix equal parts tequila and ice add strawberry seasoning mix until it's a slush. it's good on a hot night

mexico if it's a safe place but alaska is so beautiful so half the vacation mexico the other half alaska lol

1. makes me feel old : my body , our relatives growing old and dying of old age, our kids reaching middle age, and worst of all having to ask our children and grandchildren for help with new technology.

2. favorite time of day : evening. i can relax from the day.

answer the rest later...mike

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
What makes you feel old?
My worn out old body, having so many friends die, not being able to handle today's hi-tech crap.

Sunset, especially if its a pretty one. Because it means another day is closing and I get to go to bed soon.

Rafting the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon.

Alaska, because of the incredible scenery. God's gift to us.

Would not let food control my life. Would have a much better and more valuable education, would have saved a lot more money.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Favorite cocktail. Whiskey straight, chilled is preferable. Wild Turkey 101, beer is also good but being diabetic it is a time from time thing.

What makes you feel old? Seeing or hearing things from years ago when I was young and wondering where the years disappeared to. See a movie or hear a song from my youth, teen years or twenties and just imagining it can't have been so long ago. The TV series Freaks and Geeks is a fine example, it is set with high schoolers in 1980 and in 1980 I was 16 so I remember the going ons depicted and remember the sound track songs from when I heard them during those years.

What’s your favorite time of day and why? Night time, but I love the dark and the quiet and stillness.

What’s something you think everyone should try at least once? One from one of my hobbies, astronomy. Is view the planets that you can see from Earth through a telescope instead of just on TV, the internet or digitally enhanced. It is the closest thing to seeing them with naked eyes, and they can they can they saw Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc.

Would you rather vacation in Mexico or Alaska, and why? Alaska, I prefer chillier and can imagine the camping, hunting and fishing and it looks like a beautiful place.

What would you change about yourself if you could (or can) ? To be more patient with others.

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Hey @Champagne, thanks for the tag.

What makes you feel old?

Social media. I've never quite adapted to the way it changed the nature of socializing, and I'd really like to go back to a world without Facebook.

Middle of the night, everything is quiet and calm and it's easier to keep my anxiety in check. Blackout window shades and AC create the illusion of night during the daytime.

I'm not allowed to say on the forum, but it's a green and/or purple plant.

Ok, you got me, it's grapes. Everyone should try um... what did I say it was again? Grapes, that's right.

Alaska, for a change of pace. Been to Mexico plenty of times.

I'd like to not be so anxious all the damn time. Aside from that; everything.

Last edited:

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
My favorite cocktail is anything that tastes good, so I would take that rainbow one.

What makes you feel old? Things from my childhood being considered as classic or retro.

What’s your favorite time of day and why? NIghttime because I think I feel at my best then.

What’s something you think everyone should try at least once? Travel the world.

Would you rather vacation in Mexico or Alaska, and why? Well they both sound tempting. Alaska for the scenery and wildlife, and Mexico for the food and tequila.

What would you change about yourself if you could (or can) ? To be less hard on myself.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
What makes you feel old?
Groaning just as loudly when sitting down as I do when getting up.
The wee hours. It's a very quiet time, and it fills me with inner peace to know that all the other morons are sleeping and not busting my chops.
Once per day: Laugh at themselves.
Alaska. Yes, there's a much greater chance of me being eaten by a bear in Alaska than there is in Mexico, but there's also a lot less humidity.
It would be nice to be a little less lazy.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I like tequila sunrise. But my favorite cocktail of all is sex on the beach.

What makes you feel old? not recognizing new singers

What’s your favorite time of day and why? night. it's relaxing.

What’s something you think everyone should try at least once? cheerwine

Would you rather vacation in Mexico or Alaska, and why? Alaska. I like cold weather.

What would you change about yourself if you could (or can) ? my weight

Dots

Misknown Member
Hey Champagne and cafe people,

Can you make cocktails? What is your favourite cocktail out of these AND in real life
I can attempt to make cocktails. Out of those... tequila sunrise - of all time, strawberry mojito of course.

What makes you feel old?

My illness. Annoyance at generational battles. Not knowing current lingo, but also not caring. Hipsters (I doubt that's even what they're called anymore), shopping for professional wear, financial responsibility, saying no to going out, and the deep weight of depression.

Midnight to 3am. It feels mysterious and powerful and exudes a certain thrill.

Five minutes of bravery.
Patience.
Any food they haven't tried.

I think.... Alaska for the aurora borealis.

My lupus and fibro. I'd get rid of it and never look back.

Harmony

SF Supporter
What makes you feel old? Being called Mam lol!

What’s your favorite time of day and why? Not sure, but I do loathe mornings so I'm basically good with any other time.

What’s something you think everyone should try at least once? Walking in another person's shoes

Mexico, could use the sun y necesito practica mi espanol tambien y para los guapo hombres por favor jajaja!

All the bs that goes along with my depression and anxiety that holds me back still.

Hope everyone is having a good week or manageable at best

Side note/question *brohug----> Where did this emoji come from and are they kissing, perhaps Eskimo style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00