Jim's Cafe Wednesday 28th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Howdy all. I hope y'all are doing good and looking forward to Halloween either by yourselves or with your kids, feel free to share how you're going to be spending Halloween this year 🎃🎃

1603878751403.png 1603878763307.png

A feel good song to start the day...

If you could make a difference in the world, what would you be known for?

What do you like being complimented on?

What is the funniest thing someone has said to you?

What food do you dislike the most and why?

What is your favorite quote?

1603879311046.png

----------------------------------

@ShyGuy @Ash600 @1964dodge @Jayjay289 @Sunspots @extraterrestrialone @Kafka @Dinolaur @SleepyOwl @Legate Lanius

Last edited:

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the invite @Champagne :)

I shall be spending Halloween like I've done every year since my children were too old to go trick or treating - indoors, lights off, curtains shut, pretending I'm not in *shh

Being kind

Absolutely anything. It's taken me a long time to believe and accept any compliments.

Beetroot. It tastes like mud. Why would anyone want to eat anything that tastes like mud?

Not sure it really counts as a quote but I like it
s0twowordsonefinger_s_Black.jpg

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
If you could make a difference in the world, what would you be known for? to get more people talking about mental health matters

What do you like being complimented on? my work that I do with mental health

What is the funniest thing someone has said to you? haha cant say!

What food do you dislike the most and why? Liver, thats just nasty

What is your favorite quote? I have lots!!

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @Champagne

1. make a difference in the world : being me just trying to help one little piece at a time

2. like being complimented on : my empathy and efforts to help people

3. funniest thing said : not sure

4. worst food : cottage cheese. i hate it so bad my wife can't eat it in front of me or i'll get physically ill.

5. favorite quote : life is a bitch and then you die

mike

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
Thank you @Champagne for the tag :3 Thanks for opening the cafe..its a nice start to the morning. It was a bad morning *hug4am over here.

- If I was rich I'd love donating to go fund me's, and just giving money to people. I want to help people. But no idea how other than volunteering..

- it would be cool to be called pretty.. lol I've never been complimented much in general. Other than I'm sweet. I'm funny.

- dont remember. I dont talk to hardly anyone IRL and haven't since highschool..

- anything thats a "no" food with my IBS. I really hate celery though. And pork (except bacon)

" Relax wild one. You dont have go be everything everyone needs, and you don’t have to be impressive to be loved. Stop trying so hard. Just show up… and be real with the world. That is enough."

I mean, I feel like thats a lie. But I like to pretend.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday? I'm back to work, its my Monday. *hug all

Last edited:

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Howdy all. I hope y'all are doing good and looking forward to Halloween either by yourselves or with your kids, feel free to share how you're going to be spending Halloween this year 🎃🎃

View attachment 39773 View attachment 39774

A feel good song to start the day...

View attachment 39775

----------------------------------

@ShyGuy @Ash600 @1964dodge @Jayjay289 @Sunspots @extraterrestrialone @Kafka @Dinolaur @SleepyOwl @Legate Lanius

Good morning thanks for tagging me @Champagne.

Glad I'm not feeling depressed as I've had in past years so gonna plan a new friend to come over for Halloween watch a scary movie, make food.

Thanks for reminding me..Beetlejuice always great! Kinda running late today for work. Hopefully be back to check out n read everyone's?'s. Peace. Screenshot_20201028-070949_Chrome.jpg

PrincessPure

If you could make a difference in the world, what would you be known for? I don't see myself as a "world changer" of any kind. I don't have such talents. Either way if I could make a silly wish, I would like to be known the way Bill gates is lol.

What do you like being complimented on? Ngl, my looks lol

What is the funniest thing someone has said to you? It was my professor saying "after falling asleep on my chair and using hand cream, you are leaving out" lol. It's not funny unless you were in the situation. He is a very chill guy haha.

What food do you dislike the most and why? I could think of some stews, but then they are not widely known.

What is your favorite quote? "Either I will find a road or I will create a road" I'm not sure if it's used in English but that's a translation

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for tagging me @Champagne & for opening the cafe :) Cool q's, I think I can answer most of them except the 3rd one, just can't remember what the "funniest" thing is someone said to me, but here's my answers to the other ones anyway, hope you are having a great day! ;) :)

Being an inspiration in some way, either as a motivational speaker, an amazingly, stunningly beautiful & perfect actress (these are just "dream/ideal" scenario kinds of things right? lol), singer, or model, a fashion designer that made the best, nicest and most practical/useful clothes, shoes, purses & accessories ever, promoting mental health awareness or maybe just all of these things would be a great feeling for sure :)

Never really am but would LIKE to be complimented on (someday, with any luck at all) my eyes, hair, lips or...some other things as well...but ya I rarely get "looks" kinds of compliments but w/e it's fine I know the majority are just hopelessly blind about true beauty anyway so their loss, not mine :)

Olives because they are just the most bitter and disgusting things ever. Really don't like Jell-o either, if I were remotely popular I'd never admit to such a thing, but since I'm not, wtf-ever *hiding :p

Way too many to list here, but aside from the one in my sig which was said by my wise uncle who I haven't seen since 2005, some other ones I love a lot are:

- Life is not a problem to be solved, it is a mystery to be explored
- He climbs highest who helps another up
- He is wise who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose
- We have art so that we shall not die of reality
- Better to be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not
- Man alone laughs because he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter.
- The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
- No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone.
- He who wants to set a good example must add a grain of foolishness to his virtue; then others can imitate and, at the same time, rise above the one being imitated - something which people love.
- Begin and end each day with gratitude and joy
- There is always something to be thankful for
- Hope always
- Just because my path is different doesn't mean I'm lost.
- The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about.
- It is ok to live a life others do not understand.
- All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

(There's SO MANY MORE but I will stop here lol) ;) :)

KindaOtiose

Thanks for opening the cafe and for the invite @Champagne. Have a great rest of your week everyone.

Politics probably.

Anything. I do especially like it when someone I know calls me funny.

No idea.

Pickled onion. Just disgusting.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” - Albert Einstein

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Eh, perhaps some contribution to science?

On how good of a human being I am, my compassion and willingness to better myself.

Well, one person once said I was talkative. That was very funny.

Not a fan of pickles and tomatoes. Usually more sour flavours don't appeal to me at all. I hate vinegar too.

“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”

pooky

You are valuable
Thank you @Champagne for opening the cafe and for the invitation

Hi everyone 🐱,

If you could make a difference in the world, what would you be known for? I help some people here - relatives, neighbours, few friends, parents of friends When I see a random stranger in need of help in the streets or outside then I help that person when I can. Since I am a bit helpful , I want the people who have been helped to pay it forward. In this way, I want to make a small difference in my place

What do you like being complimented on? I like being complimented on work ethic and my personality

What is the funniest thing someone has said to you? A friend was telling me about a get together. He was describing how a person known to him was being secretive and quiet in that occasion, and he left the place hurriedly without barely talking to anyone and that person speaks a lot. It was funny

Even I dislike beetroot the most because haha, it makes things weird after that

What is your favorite quote? The purpose of our lives is to be happy by Dalai Lama

Inviting @BlueGreen @justrob @Charlene @SillyOldBear @HappyKitty @Citizen Insane @cymbele @KindaOtiose @Aurelia @Ash600

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Thanks for opening and the tag @Champagne and @pooky

Wishing all a great Wednesday!

To somehow convince one and all that it is our differences whatever they may be is what makes this world such a wonderful place as otherwise the world would be so uninteresting as there is always something to learn from each other and our unique perspectives/life experiences/culture, talents, passions, etc. etc.

That is a hard one...but I guess that I am a good listener...as try to really listen and hear what someone wants to share/vent

I guess it was when I was a kid helping my father load our Christmas tree into his van...the guy on the lot referred to me as being "corn-fed" e.g. I was strong...but of course as a teenager I was mortified...but in looking back it always brings a smile and a fond memory of Christmas' past as my father tried so hard not to laugh at my expense

Three bean salad. It was among my parents favorite and so as a kid when I refused to eat it even after sitting at the dinner table alone for what seemed like hours...I would finally be allowed to leave...but the same bowl would re-appear the next night and the next night....to this day can't eat it...think it must be the strong pickling and those waxy beans...

I admit that I am a collector of quotes...but the one that resonates for me at the moment is....
UK calligrapher artist quote.jpg

tagging @Bergerac @Angie @Sunday16 @februaryfriday @Shadowlands @Citizen Insane @Lady Wolfshead @mpk @auburnfrog @Kira @1964dodge @Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00