Jim's Cafe Wednesday 30th December 💟

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey cafe peeps. How are you all feeling today? Hopefully in good spirits and looking forward to 2021!! I have not been on here much lately so just want to say I hope you had an amazing Christmas and I wish you all the luck in the world for your plans and dreams for 2021. 🌈

Does anyone have any New Years resolutions for 2021? If so, please share, I'm sure we'd love to hear them and even get ideas from them :)

1609325060791.png 1609325115334.png 1609325583954.png

• When was the last time you tried something new? ...
  • Who do you sometimes compare yourself to? ...
  • What's the most sensible thing you've ever heard someone say? ...
  • What gets you excited about life? ...
  • What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

Last edited:

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh, Gosh?!?! :D (these are way too hard for me this early @4.56 in the morning) ;) Champagne! (;
will try to return/or come back later~
:D ha sorry but will look forward to reading all the replies later, my friend *hug And yes, come to think of it 2021 is a tongue twister, bloody hard to say, just said it out loud hehe. *hug

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tag & for opening the cafe @Champagne :) Had hoped there'd be one again soon lol.

Does anyone have any New Years resolutions for 2021?
Yes, lots. The main ones are kinda the same as they've been for years which are lose weight and exercise a lot more. Also hopefully be a lot happier and content with my life as it is rather than being so resistant to so many things and therefore causing myself a lot more suffering than I'd have otherwise.

When was the last time you tried something new?

Last week when I tried a new fast food place nearby, it was pretty good but sucked the stuff was all spicy (don't like spicy food).

Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

My sis. Lethal comparison since I could never compete with her in a billion years.

What's the most sensible thing you've ever heard someone say?
Be prepared. I dunno lol that's one of the mottos I try to live by anyway.

What gets you excited about life?

Star Wars, Animals, art, nature (esp. rainbows, trees & flowers), reading, writing, inspiring people, getting to know people, intense/interesting conversations and of course any kind of positive recognition/attention.

What life lesson did you learn the hard way?
How extremely important it is to eat a balanced diet and drink enough water. If you experience pain in any way from that DO NOT WAIT to talk to a doc about it in hopes that it will just "go away on it's own", believe me I wish someone woulda seriously encouraged me with that, if they had then I'd prob. still be able to eat bread and pizza.

Legate Lanius

thx 4 opening and inviting
Tried a new podcast yesterday.
I randomly compare myself to people in general or a mix of people I knew, sometimes ppl online, I'm never at the winning end of any comparisons so I try not to do it.
I've heard too many sensible things to pick one. I guess someone staying calm and presenting a solution to something. Happens a lot.
Nothing gets me exited about life right now.
I learned that some people just won't make it.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
@JMG I read a really great quote, or something out of a book but I just can't remember from where (something more temporary, I gather~) but it basically said something to the effect of ~'comparison is the cousin of dissatisfaction...' (now it was a whole lot better written, and more immediate an impact; as well as direct (in it's effect), but I think the statement is a good/true one: We wouldn't want a carbon copy of your Sister, no matter HOW perfect~ She is! ;) You are Yuo... :) And we want 'You!' :)

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
haii 😺

I have been trying my best to do something new everyday or weekly so to not feel stagnant.
I’ve stopped comparing myself to others.
Mostly friends emotional support like “think positive about your health condition. you will see results. it’s really not too late to reprogress it.”
Stuffs kitty like. 😺 Eg: Finding joys at work and in the present moment.
My therapist advice “don’t miss out on life.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00