Jim's Cafe - Wednesday, 5th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid B

There are likely enough of these threads now to keep many a spider warm through the winter. :p

For me, winter is like a consolation prize. I live only for the summer's warm airs and temperate sea.

So last night I was up until 4am converting those audio files, had to stay awake all day because an engineer is visiting to put in a phone line and broadband.

Actually, he phoned to ask if he could drop by earlier so it should soon all be up and running.

Dinner later is chicken I think, sweet and sour style, people were having a good old discussion on chicken I remember last evening in the chat room here.

So I will close today's entry with a nice autumnal picture. Good day! :D

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Good luck with the midterm @Rockclimbinggirl

There are to be no sticky messes in the café - we are not that kind of an establishment!!

Girl in the office has fetched her new baby in - making me broody. Or it was til it started crying then I thought "hmm perhaps not".

The tea has just been brewed - please help yourself.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
*sneaks in and puts away fresh quart of whipped cream and a large bottle of maple syrup*

Good morning!

Mmmm. Marmalade! *takes a teeny tiny mouse's teaspoonful for her toast* Good luck with the midterm today, @Rockclimbinggirl. You will do well!

@Kid B, I hope your summer this year gave you many days to remember during the non-summer days. Good luck with the engineer and stuff. Feel free to bring dinner for us here - sounds yummy! :)

Thank you for the tea, @Freya. Babies! So cute. I love being able to look at mum and say, "Oh, dear, you'd best take her again, she's starting to fuss."

Ah, babies:

Happy day for everyone!

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Very full from last nights sleepeating espiode.

Drinking a cold diet pepsi before heading out of the door for a doctors appointment. Kind of a nice day outside. Going to TRY to find more containers for tidying up the room a bit better as I have too many clutter stewn about. I blame the cats taking over my space! Gonna try to convert one of the shelves into a contemporary modern style cat tree to perch on as both love heights

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Today I had the easiest poli sci class ever. The professor just went around the room and asked each one of us what our major was and what we wanted to do as a career. Then he gave us a few terms that we will talk more about next week and let us leave. I went to the library to work on my assignment for my next class and sat next to one of my teammates and talked way too much to him. (He said he didn't mind.) Just as he was leaving, I finished my assignment, and I'm now back on my laptop wasting time on the internet. I need to study for my math test that I have tonight, but I don't feel like it. It's so boring. Tomorrow's practice though. I'm excited. If we split up into backs and forwards this time, I wanna see if I can get in on a practice scrum or two since I've never done a scrum before, and that's important for me to be able to do as a forward. Hope my calf holds up.

Vanquished

Nothing really on tap for today which is just fine by me. Last night I went nostalgic as I looked for my cassette tapes (at least I didn't say 8track), and started listening to what I had on mixed ones. So I think aside from making a quick run to the store for two things I'm gonna keep going thru these tapes and figure out which ones I want to keep. Thankfully I don't have an enormous collection of them, so should be able to manage getting thru and organizing them in one day.

Also, I'm planning to cancel my Friday's therapy appt. I'm gonna make little projects my therapy this week. It always give me a sense of accomplishment to do such things, and sometimes I need that more than others.

Well, hope ya'll have a lovely day!!

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
When I was in the shower, a light fixture fell on me, so that was a bit startling. I hope that doesn't mean it will be a bad day.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Had an ok day at work but my co-worker got chewed out by the owner and I would hate to see her leave the company. The powers that be were holed up in an office with her behind closed doors when I left. I hope that she doesn't quit. I would be so sad and then I would have my excuse to leave the company and check back with the old one. But it would be rough on her so I hope that she stays.
Have a good day SF. Although it is almost over for me.

Baywasp

SF Supporter
The rest of this day so far has been weird. I went to look for my friends in the plaza, and there was this event going on from a climate change organization. There was a food truck from a local hot dog place giving out free food to people who signed this paper promising to vote with climate in mind on election day. I got a free hot dog and poutine, which was pretty nice, especially considering I wasn't sure if I'd be able to afford to eat today. Then I had my technology class, but I had to leave, since I just couldn't focus. I was in the library for a while then went back out to the plaza. One of my teammates came out there and we had a good conversation. I had previously told him something I don't like to tell people about me (I haven't said it here), and he was really reassuring about it. Now I have a math test soon, but all I can think about is how they're probably going to change the rules for the rugby fundraiser and have us wear dress clothes instead of uniforms. I have no dress clothes, and like I said before, I can barely afford to eat. Even if I go to a thrift store, it'll probably be too much and I really don't want to have to tell the president that I can't do it :(

Baywasp

SF Supporter
@baywasp

What about your school's financial aid office. Are there bursaries or loans you can apply for? Does your school have a food centre?
I think I would have had to take out the loans at the beginning of the semester, and I only took out enough to pay for tuition because I don't want big student loans. Not sure what you mean by food centre. My school has a dining hall, but as an off-campus student, I have not purchased a meal plan.

Although it's looking like the fundraiser at least shouldn't be a problem. The club president posted on Facebook that we can make it work if someone doesn't have dress clothes. I know this shouldn't be my top priority, but it's important to me and I really don't wanna feel like I'm a problem like I normally do.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@baywasp a lot people will surprise you and lend you stuff as there is always someone who has extras somewhere

Regarding school loans, understandable about it but is it worth the price of stress throughout your education to worry about food on top of studies? Next semester take an extra loan out for misc like clothing food and board and work in the summer to rebuild your reserves to enable you to take out less loans next year?

Sitting at my desk contemplating doing homework or not…I really just don't feel like it and I feel like just quitting grad school to be honest. I feel like I could settle with my undergraduate degree….but if i do that then i will be so upset at myself. i have had so much trouble concentrating lately, so i have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. but i hate taking pills and i have a feeling she will just prescribe something. i already hate taking my medicine now and only do because i promised my husband i would take them everyday. just need some motivation today, because i really just want to go home and sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00