Jim's cafe Wednesday 7th October (come in, we're open) 🎀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, ladies & gentlemen. I'm hoping you are all doing well today *hug

I have so much going on for me in my life atm that I'm so thankful for and consider myself blessed, that's what triggered this theme.

1602074918889.png 1602074938043.png 1602074948467.png

With everything going on in the world at the moment, let's have a time out from that and talk about what we appreciate in our lives and what we are grateful for.

Today's theme is what we are thankful for, appreciative of and gratitude.

Some questions to get us started;

Last edited:
  • What are your passions? I like music and learning languages
  • What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing? I completed a bachelors degree. i didnt think i would
  • What inspires you? people who have high self esteem
  • What have you overcome that you never thought you could? I did a presentation during my final year in college
  • What are you grateful for? that my heating works in my room!
thank you @Champagne for opening cafe today. come join us @Chipetele @Kafka @TreeShade17 @Megan. @JDot @Auri @Tamex

The Tigress ♡

✮ You are worth it ✮
Staff Alumni
  • What are your passions? Learning new things, just exploring ;)
  • What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing? Being able to pull through despite all my hardships in life.
  • What inspires you? Anything that teaches me, be it from the perspective of life or education
  • What have you overcome that you never thought you could? Living alone.
  • What are you grateful for? Honestly I'm grateful for everything I see with my eyes. I learn from every single entity I see around me.
Have a nice day everyone. Thank you @Champagne for the invite and for opening cafe *hug*hug

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
What are your passions?
If it was possible to be a 'passionate reader', that would be me.
What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing?
Kicking major ass every day at work and making it look easy. Because it's a very physically demanding job, and I'm not exactly a spring chicken at this point.
What inspires you?
That's one of those words that are frequently used, but nobody ever stops to wonder what, if anything, it actually means. Btw, 'meaning' is one of those words, too:D Don't worry I won't spoil the mood, I'll just pass on this one.
What have you overcome that you never thought you could?
Getting married, raising two kids and then getting divorced.
What are you grateful for?
Being strong enough to be free, and smart enough to appreciate it.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hey, ladies & gentlemen. I'm hoping you are all doing well today *hug
I have so much going on for me in my life atm that I'm so thankful for and consider myself blessed, that's what triggered this theme.
Hey Champagne, thanks for tagging me. Presently i’m deeply overwhelmed by my discombobulance - though more organized and orderly - and headed in a positive way - though its kind of hard to organize my thoughts and jump in and participate. i have a list of “back” threads that i want to respond to, but with the intense/complex thoughts i have about them i don’t think i can do it and be sure i’ll be saying what i want to. i’m trying now to just respond here in a simple immediate way but you know me, it always seems so necessary to write these long long long replies. wish there was just one word that would say it all!

With everything going on in the world at the moment, let's have a time out from that and talk about what we appreciate in our lives and what we are grateful for.
Today's theme is what we are thankful for, appreciative of and gratitude.
well, since you said “moment” i googled that and what i find odd is that they say a moment is 90 seconds. i’d say anywhere from a split second to a few days with it primarily centering around 17 to 87 seconds. but thats just me. anyway... the Qs...

• What are your passions? the most important ones i’m not ready to tell about - other than writing, music, art, food/cooking and b... whoa... let me not get ahead of myself.
  • What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing? its still accomplishment in progress... i really do want to tell. still so hard to do that though. Help!!!
  • What inspires you? belief that i really do have purpose here, there and everywhere in this seemingly purposeless universe...
  • What have you overcome that you never thought you could? well like i just said the crippling fear still lingers and i still need to overcome that but i’m getting more and more sure all the time that i will overcome it, and soon. but in many senses, what the fear is about i have already overcome but lets figure out how to make me move positively and comfortably forward already...
  • What are you grateful for? my purpose in the universe! SF! my kids! and certain specific people along the way who i can talk to and bounce ideas around with! and that i’m not alone in my efforts to reach my true goals!!!

Inya

babaya gayolera
Thanks @Champagne for opening and inviting me.

What are your passions?
Traveling, hiking, music, crafting, cooking…

What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing?
That I don’t need to work anymore.

What inspires you?
It can be anything. Life I guess.

What have you overcome that you never thought you could?
I don’t think there is such thing. The second part I mean.

What are you grateful for?
I have a major problem with understanding the word gratitude. @Human Ex Machinae :)

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
  • What are your passions? Sport and music
  • What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing? Tying my shoelaces
  • What inspires you? The achievements of others, particularly when it's against overwhelming odds
  • What have you overcome that you never thought you could? Aversion to eggs
  • What are you grateful for? Laughter, and also opposable thumbs.

britishbloke

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Champagne

What are your passions? Love... Life.... And pizza
What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing? If i can make you smile, I feel like I've done my job.
What inspires you? Too much, I'm just trying to find my code for my own life.
What have you overcome that you never thought you could? Reciprocated romance.
What are you grateful for? Being born.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
  • What are your passions? Science especially astronomy, history and biography, music both listening and playing, carpentry, humor.
  • What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing? I woke up today before my bladder! :)
  • What inspires you? Learning.
  • What have you overcome that you never thought you could? My temper.
  • What are you grateful for? Relatively good health for my age and earlier lifestyle.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Thanks for the tag @Champagne
  • What are your passions? Sports, learning/psychology, music
  • What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing? Obtaining my bachelor's degree
  • What inspires you? My friends, love/the good in the world, and my ambitions, which help inspire me to keep going
  • What have you overcome that you never thought you could? Homelessness, twice (with a lot of help)
  • What are you grateful for? Having a roof over my head, being accepted and loved (not by everyone, but that doesn't matter), and that I haven't had to go to the psych ward in a few years (even though I did go to a crisis center in 2019)

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Hope everyones had a good day, thank you for opening the cafe again @Champagne 😊 these are definitely times to appreciate gratitude...

• What are your passions?
Being myself mostly, being there for people. Creativity, gaining knowledge etc.
  • What is something you are proud of yourself for accomplishing?
I just recently realized in talking to a couple of people in my life theres quite a few things I should be proud of, it left me really surprised & flattered a tad(a lot of overwhelming stuff I guess). I'm pretty proud of overcoming addictive behavior & an abusive relationship pattern a lot. Proud to say its years behind me & I'm glad I learned when I did. Evidently I'd have to say I'm pretty proud of over coming the worst of my social anxiety & getting a mindful grasp in my ptsd moments, it definitely has helped my inner strength & me grow as an individual
  • What inspires you?
I have a lot that inspires me, from good to bad. I take some mistakes as lessons & look for a way to improve & do differently or to avoid possible malice later on. Theres definitely something inspiring in our everyday, to see what inspires others is even a bit inspiring 🙂
  • What have you overcome that you never thought you could?
A lot of fear & a lot of telling myself I can't do something. I still don't really grasp how I've grown from it somedays, I thinks it's the thought of the possibilities.
  • What are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for the basic things in life. The ones close to me, the things I have, but I'm also grateful for nature, the good things & good memories. I'm pretty grateful for what I have evidently I've found times I've forgotten to appreciate little things, but as I get older I definitely have learned differently 🙏 I feel fortunate even for that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00