Jim's cafe Wednesday April 10 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
National Encourage a Young Writer Day *dance1

I'd like to strongly encourage the eccentric @Witty_Sarcasm for her writings and wonderful style, @Ash600 for his beautiful poems, and @1964dodge for his wonderful poems as well! And all the other writers out here I haven't discovered yet!

@extraterrestrialone That's wonderful! *hug
I'm not that young anymore, but I do appreciate the vote of confidence. :D

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
We had a bookmobile come in primary school and it was a really fun experience. It may have been what got me into reading more. Once I started picking up a couple books I really got into it and my teacher saw my interest and slowly started moving me up the colours. Books were coloured by difficulty.

Eventually I got moved up to the highest colour and I could go pick out any book that I wanted. I liked the new books but I struggled when my teacher told me to read aloud to her. I still struggle if I read to others today. Public speaking and pronunciation problems.

I am not a great speaker or writer, it has taken me longer to write this than I care to admit, but I am good at reading and spelling and if it wasn't for the bookmobile day and my teacher's enthusiasm for my reading, it's unlikely I would be as fond of reading as I am today. Happy Bookmobile day to all the kids of this world. It is an experience every child should have.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you @Kiwi2016 for opening the café and being kind enough to invite me. as for siblings day I have one brother and I haven't talked to him in 16 years and when I was I the hosnpital and I stood less than a 50% chance of living he wasn't notified and didn't come and if he did he wouldn't be allowed to see me, and I've left instruction he isn't allowed at my funeral either. you might say we aren't close right now. lol. and for farm animals I dreamed of a small farm a little crop not much some pigs cows chickens etc. it was doable when I was young but my wife said I could never have an animal slaughtered for food or money, well obviously I could never run a small far that way lol. mike *hug

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
National Encourage a Young Writer Day *dance1

I'd like to strongly encourage the eccentric @Witty_Sarcasm for her writings and wonderful style, @Ash600 for his beautiful poems, and @1964dodge for his wonderful poems as well! And all the other writers out here I haven't discovered yet!

@extraterrestrialone That's wonderful! *hug
wow , thank you so much , poetry was one of my worst things in school, this is the first time I've tried poetry is on SF. it's not perfect but I always start from the heart. I appreciate any people brave enough to read it. seriously you inspired me i'll write another one this week. mike

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
The American Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(ASPCA), the first animal welfare organization of its kind in the Western Hemisphere, was created on April 10, 1866. It works with shelters and humane societies across the country, with the mission of preventing cruelty to animals. Its founder, Henry Bergh, was inspired to create the organization after seeing a carthorse being beaten by its drivers. While on a diplomatic post overseas, at the behest of Abraham Lincoln, Bergh visited the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in London, which also influenced him in the creation of ASPCA.

The New York State legislature passed the charter incorporating ASPCA on April 10, 1866. Later that same month the first real animal anti-cruelty law in the United States was passed, giving ASPCA the power to investigate animal cruelty complaints and make arrests. The organization, which has its headquarters in New York City, became the model for many other humane organizations across the country.

Today's holiday commemorates the organization's founding. In 2007, an official celebration was held by ASPCA on this date, with events being held around the country, as well as an "ASPCA Day Festival" in New York City's Union Square. Fittingly, ASPCA has also created Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month, which also takes place in April each year.

American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Day, also known as ASPCA Day, is being observed today! It has always been observed annually on April 10th.
that was great @kdm I didn't know how the aspca got started. I do know that it's important and does a lot of good. I personally go to the local shelter if I need a pet first that's how I got my two chihuahuas. I also learned that there vet prices are a lot better than a regular vet. I always recommend a shelter pet. my shelter is associated with the aspca. I salute them for thier determination and kindness. thank you for pointing this out kdm

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tag @Kiwi2016 and fun themes, the ones I kind of care about most/have something to say or post about are the farm animals & books. I'll post a couple cute pics of some of my fave kinds of farm animals (love the babies the most, esp. rabbits, ducks, lambs and horses) and as for books I'll just say that my faves are the HP series (esp. the 3rd one, read that one MANY times over the years, so comforting somehow) :)

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
wow , thank you so much , poetry was one of my worst things in school, this is the first time I've tried poetry is on SF. it's not perfect but I always start from the heart. I appreciate any people brave enough to read it. seriously you inspired me i'll write another one this week. mike
Yayy *dance1

School doesn't allow us to express our creativity and liberate the artists we are.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Yayy *dance1

School doesn't allow us to express our creativity and liberate the artists we are.
for me in school i hated poetry and i also really hated poetry. dodge let me tell you a story. let me tell it later because SF is great but it does distract from getting ready for work. yikes i’m so bleeping late. c u later.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Tysm for the tag @Kiwi2016 and fun themes, the ones I kind of care about most/have something to say or post about are the farm animals & books. I'll post a couple cute pics of some of my fave kinds of farm animals (love the babies the most, esp. rabbits, ducks, lambs and horses) and as for books I'll just say that my faves are the HP series (esp. the 3rd one, read that one MANY times over the years, so comforting somehow) :)

These are soooo cute.....and I agree that there is nothing better than re-reading favorite books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00