Jim's Happiness Cafe 18th June Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
Hey @JDot good morning and thanks for inviting me. I'm always happy to be here in the café.
Today's question is:
What is happiness? What does it mean to you?
Maybe happiness is consistency. I know it is also very often quite elusive. That might mean happiness is a dream to chase after. Imagining that a desire is within reach even if it's not. Wondering why that would inspire a feeling of happiness, but strangely, it does.

Saying this makes me happy: my theme park would be dandelion fields. Like this where one could be with nature and relax and dream...

84B82B41-5D73-4C74-AF3F-B79D4395DEA9.jpeg

this plant inspires me because it can persist even when so many are dedicated to stamping out its beauty. dandelions inspire happiness. a much needed part of this planet.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
View attachment 34384

Everybody welcome. I thought I'd take a crack at opening the cafe.

Today's question is:

Bonus question:
If you had your own theme park, what would be the theme of the park?

@BlackOpium @Nick @one6seven @Bergerac @Blue Star @charlietgirl @Baywasp
Thanks for opening!
I don't know anything about them parks. I guess it would be a sparkle park. Or dolphin park :).
Not sure what happiness is.

Come join @Cynic Goat @KindaOtiose @Lux @Jedizen @Candle in the wind @Cariad_Bach @bobbob @Reaver @pooky

Just realising that 3 of the 9 I tagged are in Wales... it's probably raining there as much as it is here.

Thauoy

View attachment 34384

Everybody welcome. I thought I'd take a crack at opening the cafe.

Today's question is:

Bonus question:
If you had your own theme park, what would be the theme of the park[/USER]
Thanks @JDot for opening the cafe and inviting me.
Happiness to me means freedom from wòrry, anxiety, sadness, physical pain and other suffering.
I feel happy when some treats me with love and kindness.
I don't know about my theme park. But I would to have a park where all lonely, depressed , socially awkward and suicidal
people can meet and gather together.

KindaOtiose

Happiness to me means accepting, and being satisfied by, your current situation, your past and where you are going in the future (aka contentment).

Pirates. You could have lots of roller coasters, water rides, scenic attractions and shows.

berryStraw

Not totaly useless,I can be uses as a bad example
Thanks @JDot for opening the cafe and inviting me.
Happiness to me means freedom from wòrry, anxiety, sadness, physical pain and other suffering.
I feel happy when some treats me with love and kindness.
I don't know about my theme park. But I would to have a park where all lonely, depressed , socially awkward and suicidal
people can meet and gather together.
Id like to visit your theme park ^^

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Thanks for the invite, I dont really know what happyness is anymore to me, I dont get happy often and if I do then its most likely because im just having my mood swings so theres no set thing that makes me happy.
Happiness is an emotion; it's not a state of being. Many people confuse the two. For example, we all know that sadness or anger are emotions. We're not sad or angry all the time, just like we can't be happy all the time. Happiness comes from things like eating your favorite meal, or smelling your favorite flower, or someone giving you a birthday gift, etc. Some people do get happy more often than others, but that's because they're working with different life circumstances, and life circumstances can be changed.

berryStraw

Happiness is an emotion; it's not a state of being. Many people confuse the two. For example, we all know that sadness or anger are emotions. We're not sad or angry all the time, just like we can't be happy all the time. Happiness comes from things like eating your favorite meal, or smelling your favorite flower, or someone giving you a birthday gift, etc. Some people do get happy more often than others, but that's because they're working with different life circumstances, and life circumstances can be changed.
While yes happines is an emotion, I gotta dissagree on that last part... my life circumstances wont chage because well thats life... I cant make people like me, I cant make employess hire me. So if any part of my life involves people then that aspect of my life is uncontrollable and cant change. Thats why i give up on it, ill just suffer thru my last few months till i reach the time when Im not willing to suffer anymore.

Bergerac

Thanks for the tag @JDot

Happiness, to me, is a working of both the physiology and the emotional side/external environment. Sometimes it takes an external stimulus, to release happy chemicals in the brain and make you feel 'happy/good'; other times, we feel happy emotionally and have every external reason to, but something within the physiology seems to provide a block to having that feel good chemical released. I'm not always sure what that is, in truth. Perhaps again, though, it is something buried slightly below the surface in our minds, caused by the environment, so that's probably an illusion and the source is unclear.

It means being with people who genuinely care about me, secure in a family, respected, valued, appreciated and doing good work for the wider community - see results from that, too.

It would be history, and there would be a different area for each era/epoch. So, you could enjoy the rides and 'visit' times of nostalgia. So, I suppose them theme would be: travelling back in time. Learning/recollecting, too. It would be a multi-purpose park.

Have a lovely Thursday everyone! *hug

Today's question is:

to me it means feeling free of anything bad, not being tied down by anything negative, and feeling energetic from feeling good. More than being content, but actually feeling alive and smiling so much your cheeks hurt and not having anything weighing you down and nothing can bring you down. You feel upbeat and positive and motivated and you feel safe from anything bad.

Bonus question:

dinosaurs I think *bleh

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
While yes happines is an emotion, I gotta dissagree on that last part... my life circumstances wont chage because well thats life... I cant make people like me, I cant make employess hire me. So if any part of my life involves people then that aspect of my life is uncontrollable and cant change. Thats why i give up on it, ill just suffer thru my last few months till i reach the time when Im not willing to suffer anymore.
You do have some control in the matter. For instance, if I walked up to someone on the street and said, "You're a dickhead," they'd automatically dislike me. But if I noticed they were wearing a cool band t-shirt, and complimented them on it, I could possibly end up gaining a new friend.

berryStraw

You do have some control in the matter. For instance, if I walked up to someone on the street and said, "You're a dickhead," they'd automatically dislike me. But if I noticed they were wearing a cool band t-shirt, and complimented them on it, I could possibly end up gaining a new friend.
Well for other people it may be something they can controll, but for someone as shy and socialy anxious as me its kinda not up to me, id never walk up to person randomly and compliment them. I spent a year in uni and made 0 friends, thats the level of shyness and social anxiety we are talking about (I was active there, i did go to clubs and societies but since i dont initiate convos then noones gonna talk to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00