Jim's pillow fort/hug cafe - Monday 8th June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
I've got a few Dutch friends and I got to meet one when I went to visit. The others wanted to meet me too but never got the chance.
I tried to learn the Dutch language for a while too because I just found it fascinating.
Yes! I love hearing people speak Dutch. I love languages that sound kind of "rough" in general, like Dutch, German, etc. And men that speak Dutch and have a deep voice, omg...lol. Totally hot.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
1. When is the last time you were in a regular hospital? What were you there for and for how long? Was anyone else there with you?
Like to actually stay in the hospital, that was for a gallbladder operation 15 years ago. I was there a few days and family visited.

2. When is the last time you were on vacation? Where did you go?
I don't think I've been on a proper vacation before.

3. What is the last show or movie you watched?
Brink of Life

4. When is the last time you tried a new food? What was it and did you like it?
I don't even remember. haha

5. If you had to choose, would you save 1000 random peoples' lives or someone's life who was close to you?
I don't know if I can choose between the two. Either way, someone's death will be on my hands.

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
don't know if I can choose between the two. Either way, someone's death will be on my hands.
You could also look at it from a different perspective. If you choose, at least you're saving someone's life. If you don't choose, everyone dies. And you're technically not the one killing anybody; you're just choosing who to save.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
You could also look at it from a different perspective. If you choose, at least you're saving someone's life. If you don't choose, everyone dies. And you're technically not the one killing anybody; you're just choosing who to save.
Maybe, but my mind doesn't see it that way. :P

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
Maybe, but my mind doesn't see it that way. :P
Lol well we all need to try to look at things from a different perspective at times. This is just a random hypothetical question, and obviously, you're not obligated to answer. But it can be helpful sometimes to try to look at things a different way, just generally speaking. 😊

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
I just applied to Lowe's (home improvement store), but I have marijuana in my system, so I have no idea why the fuck I bothered, lol. If they call me, I'm going to fail the drug test with flying colors. Hopefully, maybe they won't care about weed, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Auri

🎸🎢Metal Star🎡πŸ₯
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hope everyone has a beautiful and relaxing day. *grouphug2
Definitely some pillow talks in this CafΓ©.

2. When is the last time you were on vacation? Where did you go? Last Summer, Poland, I think.

3. What is the last show or movie you watched? I started Supernatural two days ago.

4. When is the last time you tried a new food? What was it and did you like it? Nothing recently that I can remember, but I cooked new stuff, like some form of Lasagna (with no Lasagna ingredients, lol).

Aurelia

πŸ”₯ A Fire Inside πŸ”₯
SF Supporter
I just applied to Lowe's (home improvement store), but I have marijuana in my system, so I have no idea why the fuck I bothered, lol. If they call me, I'm going to fail the drug test with flying colors. Hopefully, maybe they won't care about weed, but that's probably wishful thinking.
LOL. They already emailed me back to ask if I'm available for a phone interview tomorrow. Oh, this is going to be bad. I can already see it now:

"So we're offering you the position on the condition that you pass the drug test and criminal background check."

"Great! By the way, I have pot in my system...it's from second-hand smoke, though, I swear."

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
1. When is the last time you were in a regular hospital? What were you there for and for how long? Was anyone else there with you?

A couple weeks before lockdown. Physiotherapy, for 35 minutes. Just me.

2. When is the last time you were on vacation? Where did you go?

About a year ago. Went to Spain.

3. What is the last show or movie you watched?

Fringe (tv show). I've seen it before but want to watch it again while I've got some free time. I'm just going through I bunch of tv shows I've watched in the past.

4. When is the last time you tried a new food? What was it and did you like it?

I don't recall.

5. If you had to choose, would you save 1000 random peoples' lives or someone's life who was close to you?

1000 people. I do love my family and hope no harm comes to them but the difference is a couple hundred lives affected by one death compared to hundreds of thousands of lives affected by 1000 deaths. If the average person knows at least a 100 people and that's a low estimate, that's 100,000 lives affected assuming nobody who died knew each other or had the same friends/family. Also, I would not be able to live with my decision as I believe very strongly in looking after those close to you. For if you don't, who else will? It is a part of life to look after those around you. Whether it be family, friends, colleagues, neighbours or those you meet in a day-to-day capacity. Look after the people you love, always, except when 1000 rando's lives are at stake, then sod em.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00