Jim's Shopping Cafe Friday 16th Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterUnder

Transient SF'er on hiatus
SF Supporter
Good morning, my fellow SF'ers, hope everyone is okay today.
This is my first time opening the cafe and thought it would be fun to go shopping!
I've been doing some online shopping lately, trying to find an affordable (really, really cheap) instrument that I can play around with as well as trying to find the earrings a friend liked in a shop but didn't buy. I got sucked in and looked at all sorts of things.

What do you prefer to shop for in person vs. online?
What are your favorite stores and sites?
Have you ever had a "fail" as an online purchase, like the guy who thought he was ordering a full size rug and got a coaster?
1565966449054.png
Would you buy a car without test driving it?
What about skis? or a kayak?
Clothes?
Electronics?

Grab a cuppa and share your preferences and observations!
1565966906449.png View attachment 26012
@Auri @Sunspots @Walker @Aurelia @Innocent Forever @extraterrestrialone @Evan1 @Lady Wolfshead @Fleurise @HumanExMachina @Cagla @ClassicShowsFan @Ash600 ...more to come

kdm

SF Supporter
@WaterUnder thx for the tag

i don't buy much but pc;'s and peripherals those i buy online way easier to buy and compare prices

i play alot of pc games so over all i guess gaming websites but i used to have a couple thousand bookmarks

i am one who doesn't like amazon ebay or never used craigslist but my brother in law has used it if the seller is semi local he bought things like a riding lawn mower

biggest fails would have been a ew things ordered from watching QVC on TV when my mom was alive that got sent back because they were junk/y

would i buy a car with out a test drive at one time yes but i would want to see it in person or have some assurances as i had many friends that were merchanics but the frame rust etc i worry about more than the engine 35c0f11c8ada89b4001718b5df4b7214.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00