Jim's weekend cafe 25th-26th July 2020 🌈

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to the cafe, today is national wine and cheese day, did anyone know there was such a day to mark that? :D but all in all, its great. Let's celebrate our love of wine and cheese. Enjoy :) I hope you all have a fun and fantastic weekend.

1595675986538.png 1595675997296.png 1595676009850.png

1595676649067.png 1595676698775.png
Here's some question's to get us going for the weekend;

• If you could live in any TV home, what would it be?
  • Age is only a number but in your opinion what’s the ideal age to get married?
  • If you could be a cartoon character for a week, who would you be?
  • What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
  • What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house?
@may71 @Ash600 @Lane @JMG @cymbele @Witty⭐️Wicked⭐️Sarcasm @Kira @Road to Nowhere @1964dodge @Bbear82

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag. Nice bit of distraction thinking up my answers to these today.

If you could live in any TV home, what would it be?
I think I’d like to live in the friends apartment with joey and chandler as neighbours. 

Age is only a number but in your opinion what’s the ideal age to get married?
I don’t think there’s any specific age to get married. Its when you meet the right person. I was 24 when I got married but looking back I think it was quite young. I didn’t think it at the time though as we’d been together for 7 years before we got married. Still together and it’s our 26th wedding anniversary next Thursday. 

If you could be a cartoon character for a week, who would you be?
Winnie the Pooh. He has such a lovely view of the world. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”

What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
A worzle gummidge outfit 😂 On a stage in front of a few hundred people. Don’t ask!! 

What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house?
Emptied the debri filter at the bottom of my dishwasher. Didn’t know it had one until she emptied it!

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for tagging me @Champagne :) Cool q's I think I can even answer all these ones too yay! :)

Full House I think cos I just always liked how their house looked & I loved the episode where Stephanie & Michelle's room got modernized I thought it looked WAY better lol. Oh I also like that then I'd live in California which would be really cool imo :)

28? I dunno. Not much younger than that though unless a person is quite mature for their age. Such a lifelong commitment like that needs time to develop & should not be rushed into.

Any of the Disney princesses cos then I'd be a princess & also extremely, seductively pretty which would be lots of fun :)

Ugh wow this brings back kind of a painful memory lol but I'm deeply ashamed to say when I was a teen I very unwisely made the major mistake of not only wearing socks with sandals, but one of the socks had a pretty big hole in it. If that wasn't bad enough (just the fact that I was wearing such a thing, period, lol) some jerk in one of my classes noticed it & asked me very loudly why I was wearing that. It gets worse still though. So he said that right & a bunch of people laughed about it, well I could handle all that well enough overall (believe me after everything I'd already been through at that point it was nothing overall) but then my supposed best friend was laughing too! Ya, was quite upset about that one. Least it was a long time ago now. I never did that again though that's for sure lol.

Another kinda unpleasant memory here & it's not even very long ago but don't worry the story is much shorter than the one above lol. My friend eats butter. On it's own. Not being on anything. Ya. That's pretty weird to me lol. Maybe more like "gross" lol but ya I was pretty shocked when I saw him do that, had never seen anyone do that before then.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I love cheese. I hate wine. I love about any whiskey,, am drinking Jack Daniels Tennessee Fire this weekend. I have a half gallon and that will last me all week. Love pepperjack cheese.
  • I don't know TV homes, I do not watch TV. Any small log cabin in the woods would do.

• About 30. Old enough to have some experience and know what you want. I was married at 22, too young.

• I don't know cartoon characters, I did not have a TV growing up and do not watch it now. I have heard of the Roadrunner and would like to be him, outsmarting the big bad wolves.

• My girlfriend's panties.

• Our guests were upperclass people from my wife's family. None of them ever did anything embarrassing.

Last edited:

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Just wanted to pop in and say hi before the Cafe gets really active. I only have a minute so just going to answer one of the questions. Most embarrassing thing I've ever worn? I don't remember the outfit, but many years ago, I went out totally mis-matched. I'm blind, and somehow I'd mis-labeled one of my tops and thought it went with a certain pair of shorts. It didn't. I didn't know I was mis-matched until days later, when I washed the outfit and wore it in front of my family. They pointed it out to me, which then surprised me because I'd been around people all day the first time I wore it, including the people that picked me up from my home. If they had told me that I didn't match from the very beginning, it would have taken me 2 minutes to change outfits.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Mmmmmm.. cheese and wine. Two of my favourite things, and they go so nicely together :)

It would have to be a home on the beach. Reece Witherspoons house in Big Little Lies was pretty nice.
big_little_lies_1.jpeg

I don't think there's an ideal time, just whenever feels right for both of you.

If you could be a cartoon character for a week, who would you be
Shrek

There are two that spring to mind. A blue frilly bridesmaid dress and a purple & green shell suit.

Fire eating

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Another kinda unpleasant memory here & it's not even very long ago but don't worry the story is much shorter than the one above lol. My friend eats butter. On it's own. Not being on anything. Ya. That's pretty weird to me lol. Maybe more like "gross" lol but ya I was pretty shocked when I saw him do that, had never seen anyone do that before then.
I can eat butter by itself because I like the flavor, lol.
Actually it's good for keto diets because of all the fat. So maybe I'm onto something there. :P

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Wine and cheese sounds good, I kinda promised myself not to drink anymore though, or at least for a long time.

• If you could live in any TV home, what would it be? Maybe the Bundys, that would be funny at least.
  • Age is only a number but in your opinion what’s the ideal age to get married? There's really no ideal age. I heard about a 100 or so year old woman who was engaged to a 107 year old man. So really whenever you feel the time is right.
  • If you could be a cartoon character for a week, who would you be? Maybe Rick from Rick and Morty.
  • What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn? Lots of weird things when I was younger. I used to wear knitted cardigans because I found them cute, but I'm sure I looked like an old granny. I once wore polka dots and stripes for mismatch day at school, and my math teacher asked if I had dressed up or not. So yeah, that was pretty embarrassing.
  • What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house? A friend puked his guts out in my front yard. It was super loud and even the next door neighbors dog was barking. lol

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Good morning everyone! Thank you for the tag, @Champagne!

Mmm, wine and cheese day! Yum! I’m thinking of a Swiss white wine - crisp, very dry, natural bit of “fizz”, and the meal is a Swiss raclette. Raclette is a semi-hard cow milk cheese made into “wheels”. The cheese is melted and scraped off the wheel and served with pickled onions, potatoes, other pickles. Being in the Swiss Alps and having raclette for lunch - mmm-haaa * sighs & daydreams *

TV Home
OK, this will sound crazy...with live broadcasts coming from news reporters’ homes these days, I’d like to at least “see” some of the reporters’ homes for real. Not necessarily live there, but see the rest of the house. :) I saw one announcer in his hobby room that was filled with toy tractors. Another person has books, books & books and I bet they are interesting!

“Ideal” Age to Get Married
Very likely a lot depends on the individuals and the life they want to build together. Maturity to want a life “together” is likely a combo of deep love and respect, humour, self-knowledge, tolerance/acceptance, great communication and shared values and goals. Some people are mature at 20, some are 2-year-olds at 50.

Cartoon Character
“Hey, what’s up, doc?” (Bugs Bunny)

Most Embarrassing Thing I’ve Worn
I wore the same dress to a work-related “party” that my boss’s date wore. *hiding

Weirdest Thing a Guest Has Done at My House
I inherited some pretty pieces of china from my mother and grandmother. When I was still married, my mother-in-law opened up my china cabinet and took out all those antique pieces to check out the hall marks, and she commented on the value of the pieces. Was that a bit crass?

I also had an acquaintance visit because she was upset. She is a bit dramatic. She went on for an hour about her anxiety: “It’s so bad. I can’t stop thinking. I can hardly breathe. It’s so bad. It’s so bad. It’s so bad.” Then she got up and walked the length of the sofa (6.5 feet) turned and walked back, repeated, and said, “Look! I’m pacing!” to emphasize just how anxious she was.

@Champagne - Is tomorrow’s question “What’s the weirdest thing you’ve (reader, not you, Champagne) ever done at someone else’s house?”

Last edited:

Thauoy

Hey @Champagne . I like cheese but I don't drink wine. As usual, your menu looks delicious. For today, I want to answer only your second question.

For me ,in my opinion , there is no ideal age to marry. If two person love each other, no matter what age, they can marry and live together happily. Of course, child bearing will be difficult for aged couple. So if a couple want to bear their own children, then they should marry before 35 years of age.

Ixtab

• If you could live in any TV home, what would it be? Capsule Corporation on Dragonball
  • Age is only a number but in your opinion what’s the ideal age to get married? I don’t know 28?
  • If you could be a cartoon character for a week, who would you be? Lupin the 3rd
  • What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn? jnco’s (I was a teenager thought they were the coolest)
  • What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house? stayed for three days when I never invited them

Reaver

Wasting away
Probably not surprising that I've not had any wine before, but I do love me some cheese. Cheese is one of my most eaten foods, although only cheddar because that's the only kind that my parents get (as far as I know).

I haven't watched much TV as I got older, so I'll just go with the best one I can remember off the top of my head: Anthony DiNozzo's apartment from NCIS.

Marriage is not something I particularly care about, but I don't think there is an ideal age for it.

Maybe Dipper from Gravity Falls. That could be pretty fun.

A pair of Toy Story swimming trunks that only just about fit me, way back in primary school. I didn't bring any swimwear of my own (because I didn't want to swim) so the teacher went and took got something from the lost and found for me to wear. Felt extremely embarrassing.

No one but my nieces do weird things, but they're kids so of course they do weird things. I guess the weirdest thing is the youngest of them calling the wrong person daddy to... annoy him, or something? I really don't know.

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter

The Marshall's cliffside cave (colloquially known 'in-universe' as High Bluff) in Land of the Lost
Being 2x divorced, I'm going to respectfully pass on this one....
The Tasmanian Devil
It was embarrassing at first, but I quickly got over my self-consciousness...I took several dance and movement classes during my graduate theatre studies, which required me to wear a dance belt and tights
I threw a NYE party a few years ago, and one of my guests barfed in an empty beer carton because she couldn't make it to the bathroom...

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
Thanks for the tag @Champagne :) love answering these weird and wonderful questions
  • If you could live in any TV home, what would it be? If I could live in any TV home *hmm it would be probably Chandler & Monica’s apartment as there would never be a dull moment!
  • Age is only a number but in your opinion what’s the ideal age to get married? That’s a really difficult question to answer. But I do think maybe 21 as I think any younger you’re probably not really ready
  • If you could be a cartoon character for a week, who would you be? That’s a tough one lol maybe the monster from Big Mouth as it’s hilarious
  • What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn? Oh, I’m not actually sure. Probably a tracksuit when I was a kid as they’re fucking horrible
  • What’s the weirdest thing a guest has done at your house? On my 17th birthday I had a few friends over, and my best friend (at the time) was holding my hair back whilst I threw up, but after that I somehow slipped in the bath tub and he slid back into the bath tub with me whilst we laughed our heads off and I fell asleep on his shoulder lol

Hello everyone *grouphug2
Thanks for the tag @Champagne *hug
I hope everyone is doing well 😁

Can I live in Hogwarts? For like forever?
I know it’s not a tv home but still :D

I don’t think there is a ideal age to get married, as long as you find the right person you want to spend the rest of your life with :)

a pink suite*hysterical

lol it’s not weird, more like a bit rode but I had a guest who used to walk around the house and open all the drawers and closets and then came to me to yell at me about how messy those places are

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day *stars*grouphug2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00