Jims's Cafe Saturday 1 November

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by NYJmpMaster, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Good Morning Cafe! !st of November- this year is really starting to be over now. Thanksgiving in a few weeks and Christmas and then another year is done. The stores here already have Christmas stuff up and there were Christmas advertisements on the TV this morning. While today is just cold and rainy, now snow is as likely as rain on any given day. Feels like winter and the year is over.

Going to stay inside by the fire today and not do much. Hope everyone has a great 1st day of November and a great month to finish the year on a high note.

My "bad day" song seems like a good song for today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbXvaE39wM

2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Good afternoon.
    Wet and cold here as well. We had over a 100 kids trick or treating at my house last night. Actually a quiet night for a Halloween. Felt good for the first time in a while. Still feel good today. Maybe I'll have a fire in the fireplace tonight. Quiet day - I might try to get some exercise -it makes me feel better.
    Stay warm and dry Cafe'ers.

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Had a good halloween even if it snowed a bit, got 4 kids this year for halloween, that beat zero kids last year so I'll say it was a good one. Got rid of candies so darn for sweets around here is homemade cookie. Its too cold for me to comfortably walk the dogs in the woods but gotta do it as the dogs need the exercise

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

afternoon everybody,

Winter decided to roll in today. Lots of snow. Over a foot expected by this evening. :snow:

Time change is this evening for Canada and US and i'm not sure where else. I know other countries already changed over last week or the week before.

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Heyroo all!

Not much to report. I am debating braving psychosis to start writing a history of my family. I used to do genealogy quite avidly. Now I am going to tear it all out, and go person to person, and writing. I will not be the Savior of mankind, or anything... I am pretty well medicated. It's been almost 3 years since my last med adjustment. I think I am ready to brave it.

6. Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Sunday November 2, 2014

Good afternoon everybody,

Pretty quiet day at work for me today. Back home now. Fed and misted the two tropical geckos, feed and water me next.

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: Jim's Cafe Sunday November 2, 2014

evening here dark and cold out tired tonight cannooot seem to keep eyes open hope all had a good weekend

8. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Re: Jim's Cafe Sunday November 2, 2014

heyroo Stewart!

Just sayin heyroo!

9. Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Monday November 3rd, 2014

Okay bit of a late start to this one today., :lol:

Just got home from work. Not used to the time change and it's nearly dark already at 5pm.

10. total eclipse

Re: Jim's Cafe Monday November 3rd, 2014

Hate that it gets dark so early short days again Hope all have a good evening

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Re: Jim's Cafe Monday November 3rd, 2014

Late indeed as it is the 4th here haha!

Dark here too at 5pm today....my niece hates it,she can't stay in the park late after school lol!

I hope ya'll have a great 3rd or 4th :D

12. Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe Tuesday November 4th, 2014

Morning everybody,

Looks like a bright sunny day today. It's casting extra light in my apartment than usual and I am seeing I need to clean. Too dusty in here.

Anyway, have a good day today SF. :)

13. DrownedFishOnFire

Re: Jim's Cafe Tuesday November 4th, 2014

Rainy and groggy day for me.

14. total eclipse

Re: Jim's Cafe Tuesday November 4th, 2014

cold rainy day blah busy all day just getting supper prepared now

15. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Jim's Cafe Wednesday November 5th

Good day Cafe! It is hopefully going to be a good day. I am currently on my old DSL internet for the last time (I hope) as the new fiber optic cable was extended down out road so for the first time since moving here 01 years ago we can get true broadband internet and the technician is hooking it up now. Getting rid of the satellite TV, regular phone and DSL internet and upgrading all - plus saving $80/ month in the process. NIce to have "choices".

Speaking of choices, the elections were yesterday and I guess lots of peopel decided to change their mind from 2 years ago. Will be an interesting amount of pure gridlock to come .

Hope all have a great day !

16. DrownedFishOnFire

Re: Jim's Cafe Wednesday November 5th

Congrats.

17. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Good to hear about the internet Ben!

I have had a busy day today. We have moved everything out of my parent's kitchen, packed it up and then moved all my stuff in. It's taken a long time and I've only just finished clearing up now, but I have to say that my new kitchen looks very sexy lol. Very pleased. Now just another 7 rooms to go haha.

18. Mr Stewart

morning everybody,

Just about burned my breakfast toast just now. Little smokey in here but crisis averted. Not sure what the plan is today. Or if there will be a plan. Maybe just relax will be the plan. Oh, I ordered some coffee over the internet yesterday which they roast right when you order so it's only a few days old when you receive in the mail. Hope it's good. If it is, I might just do this from now on for coffee purposes as the pricing isn't that different from the grocery store even including shipping. :apthy:

19. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Am eating a rather good homemade buttermilk biscuit. PM's with a fellow SF member brought to mind all the things parents used to cook. One was buttermilk biscuits, so I dug up a recipe on the Internet. Will have to hang on to it.

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Great news about the internet Ben! I actually had my internet speed upgraded recently (don't ask what speed it is lol -I'm a tech dummy) but it was done and it's superb now! :) I hope everyone have a lovely day!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.