Jims's Cafe Saturday 1 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Jim's cafe 14th November 2014

Hello everyone, 2.30am here, I slept a LOT in the last 2 days due to a bad kidney infection and from zyprexa which is supposed to treating my anxiety. I fell asleep by the computer with a cigarette in hand. Oh my.... I was lucky the cigarette went out on its own, I never ever fall asleep like that, just shows the mixture of illness and meds. Anxiety is really kicking my ass lately....the last few days anxiety has been strong to unbearable, it's okay at the moment though. I wouldn't wish this anxiety on my worst enemy.

Anyway who's got plans for today? And when is thanksgiving? I could google it but then we'd have nothing to talk about haha!
I really hope everyone has a lovely day, huge hugs xxxxxxx

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
Re: Jim's cafe 14th November 2014

This appears to be the early morning edition of the Cafe! lol

I have been taking a little time off from school. Finished my school work, and now I am bored. Surfing the internet has become stale. I am bored even as I write this. I have no hobbies. I used to have chess on my mind all the time, because of my illness. And then it was gone. Now it's coming back, which means I *must* stay on my meds, no matter what!

Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's cafe 14th November 2014

hello to coffee forums,

forecast says tonight will be the last of the cold weather here. then back to normal temperatures. Happy about that. -20 C is surely not pleasant.

had a bit of trouble with one of my geckos this past week. Gilligan (that's her name) decided to start sleeping in the moist plastic container at the bottom of the tank. Which would be fine normally, but since the cold snap my apartment is a few degrees cooler, which means the part of her tank furthest from the heater is also cooler. Right around the low end of the temperature range for her species. Which would also be fine if she didn't sleep in that cold spot for several hours, which brought her body temp low, which put her in to early stages of brumation. Brumation is a low level version of hibernation. They do this naturally in the wild. She had been spending 23.5 hours a day down there all last week. It's not harmful but not something you want to happen either unless the particular species of reptile requires it, which Gilligan's does not. So I took her out of her beloved plastic container the morning and removed plastic container from the tank. She climbed to higher ground and is now sleeping in the warm spot that she usually uses. Problem solved. Will remember to keep that container out of her tank when temperature gets too low for her to safely use it in future.

Mr Stewart

Jim's Cafe actual Sunday and not Saturday, November 16th, 2014

Righto! :ranger:

Good morning to Sunday early birds and folks in far off places with far off time zones. :tea:

I have to work today but don't think there is any sort of event going on at the university that will make it a busy day. So should be quiet.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Re: Jim's Cafe actual Sunday and not Saturday, November 16th, 2014

So very cold here. Really want some warmth. But at least there is no snow.

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend

Heyroo!

I'm cold too. It's 18F, which translates to -7C. Yes, it's cold.

I am 98 percent done with mastering the 6th grade on Khan Academy! Woot!

Tommy Tom says heyroo!

tc everyone!

:hug: to all

-Jason and Tommy Tom

Mr Stewart

good afternoon. was nice day here. not warm warm, but sunny and warmer than it was before. i will take it.

having some lunch now and I think a nap is forthcoming soon after. sleepy. :bored:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Jim's Cafe Monday November 17 2014

well winter is here it just won't stop snowing blah roads are slippery not nice out there but the snow is pretty to watch

Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's Cafe Monday November 17 2014

good afternoon everybody,

done with my work week now -Thursday through Monday is my usual, with Tuesday/Wednesday off. Felt like a long week this time around. Not sure why. Very glad to have some days off now. Need to try to sleep.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Jim's cafe 18th of November 2014

Hello everyone!I joined this site 7,yes seven years ago today lols! Omg how time has flown and how things have changed.

Hope ya'll have a great day =) Treat yourself to something nice!! :) Weather is getting cold here, how's the weather where you are at?

Petal xxx

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Re: Jim's cafe 18th of November 2014

I'd love some snow TE. We rarely get any and when we do it rarely lands!! Enjoy it :)

and as for this thread... :bump:

Mr Stewart

Re: Jim's cafe 18th of November 2014

Morning SF,

Had a long sleep last night and feel good this morning for it. I needed that. Just doing some laundry now. Put out some fly traps to deal with the excess of fruit flies in my place. The fruit flies are here because I cultured them and put them in my tropical gecko's tanks. The flies are good for that as they feed on bacteria and help to keep the tanks clean. It's sort of like having a pleco fish in an aquarium to eat the algae. But unlike a pleco fish, fruit flies can fly and they are tiny and can escape the screens on the tanks. So I have them in the apartment now. Thus traps.

Also I am expecting the coffee I ordered to arrive today. Hope it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00