Job applications and getting pissed off....

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by nolonger, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I don't really know why I made this thread, but it's only recently that looking for a job has aggravated me so much.

I'm not exactly 'looking' for a job, mainly just seeing what's out there/browsing. But I've started to notice how many jobs have some of the required skills as 'Good communication skills'/'good with people'/energetic'/'motivated' etc etc.

I'm just curious if anyone else here gets a bit pissed off when ever they see those 'requirements', because when ever I see them, I just go "ooook....not that one I guess."

Where the hell is the 'lacking communication skills/non-motivated' category in the job search engines???? :dry:

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is so difficult to imagine a job from many of the descriptions...maybe there is a mid point between superior communication skills and lacking them totally...please PM me if I can help you in any way...communicating is something I find less stressful...J

3. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Yeah , i see what you mean... On top of that people expect you to have 5 years of experience and additional talent, WTF, right?

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Where are the ones where yoou don't have to deal with people??

5. depressedkitty

depressedkitty Active Member

yeah thats why i quit job hunting and went back to Uni. Jobs can go suck it. :duck:

6. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

The problem is the job description and who is in charge of human resources. Most of that stuff written on the adds is stupid and there to protect the person who made up the add. Just look at the minimum requirements and go there. If your lucky you wont get a bloody minded novice that want to show she or he knows what they are doing.

It really depends on having a bit of luck but be pro active and assertive if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.