Job Interview tomorrow I need some advice fellows.

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by HomerSimpson, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

Fellows I have a phone interview with the local hospital tomorrow for a job opening of a distribution clerk job and I need some advice. I am guessing some of the questions may be...........

1) What type of qualities can you bring to this job?

2) How can you benefit the hospital?

3) What are some ideas that you have that can improve this job if you are offered it?

What are the best responses to these questions or any other questions you guys think I may be asked? About myself, I have 2 years of experience in this area. I have a degree in IT. For the last 4 years I was able to work a job, go back to school to get my degree, and most important of all I moved in with my grandmother to take care of her full time because her health was really bad. So I think that shows a lot about my character.

Also, not sure if this matters but I run marathons and compete in bodybuilding contests, so I think that shows a lot about my dedication. I also help organize events for the YMCA so that I hope shows I have the social skills dealing with all those people.

Fellows I am in desperate need of a job so I am going to try anything to get this one.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Whenever you interview for a job, be zealous but never over promise...know the job description and focus upon those skills they are is also OK to say, "that's an interesting question" while you are constructing the yourself... and i think you have a great start with the questions you have posed...some other questions: (1) tell me about what your preparation for the job is; (2) tell me your strengths and weaknesses; (3) what are you career objectives in the next few years; (4) how important is it to you to: (a) complete a task; (b) delegate; (c) get needed information

Best of luck and let us know how it goes
  3. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Member

I don't have much time but I spotted the topic on the right hand side of the forum and just had to put a few words in.

Remember that although they're looking for people that qualify (which is probably going to be a lot of people), beyond that what really matters is that they can befriend you and work with you. If you're guy A and you're qualified, but so is guy B, what chooses guy A over B is that the hirer liked you better, really. So just try to put yourself in a decent mood, put on your best happy song, do a lil' dance or whatever :p and then take the call.

Best of luck and best wishes! You'll get this job easy, just got to believe in yourself!
  4. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Member

Also don't be transparent hehe. If they're asking for a weakness don't ever say "oh I'm just a terrible workaholic! I love working so much" or anything like that. Just be partially honest and tell them that you've been working on your weakness and have made progress.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.