Job or School?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oks... so im a freshman in college and this is my second semester..

Im debating on whether or not to take next semester off and get a job :unsure: or continue as a full time student... :unsure:

Im not even sure what i want to major in or where i want my life to go...so im not sure... argh :dry:

what do you guys think i should do?? :unsure:

KittyGirl

I think it's always best to do a whole bunch of new things- try different jobs; meet new people and perhaps travel, to help you figure out what direction you want to take in life.
If you can afford to take the time to do it, then I say, go for it.

I think it's always best to do a whole bunch of new things- try different jobs; meet new people and perhaps travel, to help you figure out what direction you want to take in life.
If you can afford to take the time to do it, then I say, go for it.
yeah :) thanks hun ... im just nervous i guess :unsure:

cloud9

Do keep an eye on your financial situation though. I've been thinking of a career change myself lately. I'm in my final year at university. I'll need to work in my current field while picking courses/ volunteer experience to make a switch. I wish I could just focus on picking up what I need, but can't afford it right now.

:hug:

P.S. I know what its like not to know what you want to do as a career. I'm having that trouble right now after all. It's normal, so don't sweat it!

P.S. I know what its like not to know what you want to do as a career. I'm having that trouble right now after all. It's normal, so don't sweat it![/QUOTE]

I have done one year of random corses :S and i may be moving to south carolina so i feel like i shouldnt get to involved with college up here in Mass but its like at the same time what if i take it off but cant find a job?? GAH!! so confused lol

It sucks not knowing where you want to go in life eh?? :hug:

gakky1

It sucks not knowing where you want to go in life eh?? :hug:
Don't I know that, I'm 44 and still have no clue what to do.:sad: Way the job market is, may be a better choice to stay in school at the moment, however I never finished college and still ended up with an office job, though I hate it with a passion, hope whatever choice you make works out well.:yay:

Don't I know that, I'm 44 and still have no clue what to do.:sad: Way the job market is, may be a better choice to stay in school at the moment, however I never finished college and still ended up with an office job, though I hate it with a passion, hope whatever choice you make works out well.:yay:

:hug: thanks :) :yay:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
I think you should talk to a carrer counselor.. I also think you should stick with school.. In todays job market you need the education.. There are college graduates doing labor jobs because thats all that is available..

Cortez

Banned Member
You can do both if you'd like, work part time and go to school full time, or do whatever works best for you. Whatever you choose know that it isn't right nor wrong, it's your personal choice, and be happy with whatever you choose :)

Having some work experience is certainly not a bad thing. You get to meet some new people and it gives you a new perspective on how things work in life. Also, it wouldn't hurt to get a good contact, so you can use him/her for your references in your future resume. Most importantly, the experience might give you some ideas on what you would like to do for your future.

That said, if your financial circumstances allow it, you should try to put college first. This is the safer option if you don't have a clear idea what you want out of life, because it is always better to have a diploma or a degree to fall back on.

One thing to keep in mind that is that it does take a period of time to find a job, so you may very well continue your studies while looking for a job. You can defer making the decision between job or school until you have been offered a position somewhere.

Just_a_guy

Go for the job and dont repeat my mistake, especially if you are unsure what to study.

I wasted a lot of time studying something i didnt really want to do in the future.

Work, get some monies and the return after you know better.

Warm Hands

I had no idea what I wanted to do, so I went to school and took a general arts program just to have something. Worst Idea ever. So I withdrew and stayed home this past year working. Now I've figured out that I was to work in the culinary field and I'm going to start culinary school in the fall.

I think if you don't know what you want to do, it's definately work taking some time to work and save money and figure out what you want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00