job- related depression?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Annabelle79, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annabelle79

Annabelle79 New Member

I know all jobs have their downsides, but I feel bullied, helpless, unsupported, and stressed at my job. I have a history of depression, but was doing really well until I got this job. In 6 years there, I have become increasingly dark minded and have seriously considered suicide at least twice. My Q to you all: is it my job that is making me depressed? Is that normal "work" or am I really in as awful a job as I think?
  2. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

I assume that it would be the job, actually. I hate to put the blame on others when I am the cause, but it seems that your job is causing you a lot of distress. Many jobs suck just as much as others, but none should make you spiral back into depression that you were so successfully climbing out of. I suggest talking to the HR department, talking to your boss on a personal level about the workspace environment, or finding a new job.

No matter what, we will all support and help you in the best ways we can.

Be safe.
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

If your job is making you feel suicidal, it probably is pretty bad. In any case, it's clearly not healthy for you.

You should be eligible for vocational rehab services. I think every state is required to offer them. They may be able to help you find a new job that is better for you, or to try to fix things at your current job.

Hope that there is a way for things to get better soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.