Job sucks economy sucks, I suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomguy9

Put's the "Pro" in Profanity
All my life I dreamed I would find a job and would break free of the porrness that was the situation I was born into... you can be anything I was told... wow what bull shit.

The worst possible thing happend after high school... I took a job for a relative who did do well in his life... I knew I would hate 50% of it... but figured the other 50% would lead to a great side job. Well the sutff I hate is 99% of the job, and the stuff I thought would be useful is 1% and most of that was hired out despite my asking to learn it...

And now I spend the day constantly mad at a father figure because of who he is as a boss... I tried to separate the 2 relationships but he can't do it.

College has been disaster after disaster... yes I have gotten the grades but without a career direction they mean nothing... I have wasted 4 fucking years... my entire adult life on it and have nothing to show for it... not even 2 years done credit wise.

I was always told people can do anything... no one acknowledges genetic damnation... which is the reality i face. I was not born with anything needed to achieve my goals... I'm not smart enough to take a full load, not athletic enough to be a pro athlete...

And of course this damned recession... at one point in time you could leave high school and find a job that you could get by with while you go to college... not today... no one has a job unless you live in China and are willing to work for peanuts...

I have no way out of htis fucking mess... I can't deal withi t... I hate being a fuckign leech that only has a job because a relative feels sorry for him.

I have a date set... If I don't have a career path or a part time job with upward mobility REALLY soon I am done... out of this world. I have done almost everything I can to figure stuff out... and will exaust all resources... bu the reality of it is this world is cruel and I was not born with the gentics to scueed in it in a way that would make me happy and wealhty enough...

Isabel

Staff Alumni
I am sorry you feel this way and hope things will improve soon for you. Sometimes we feel there is no way out of a situation but once we calm the negative thinking, possibilities appear we never thought of before. Maybe volunteering in something which interests you could provide you with a different feedback and experience that could open new horizons.

Raphael1

Take a look back on your post and see how all of it is negative. That is no wonder you feel so crappy, if you are taking for granted the positive things, which you do not even percieve in your life right now. Instead you are magnifying problems out of proportion because you cant be a pro athlete or some genious mind with wealth?

yeah you may not have your dream job, or be as capable in your ability to learn something or some skill that you want. You may not be as wealthy as you would like. But do you realize how many people are in the same boat as you? litrally millions. Life is like that. It's not easy, if it was easy it would probaly be boring and unfulfilling anyway.

I dont know much about you, but i can say with certainty there is something golden about your life that you have missed out on recognizing and enjoying and that its possible to be excited about it. It would be up to you to seek and find it. you would have to find it in your will somewhere and pull yourself out of this mindset. And it is the mindset that is I'd say 70% of the problem. Circumstances come and go, but you will always have top deal with yourself and its you that puts you in them in the end. Blaming your genetics is not an excuse to not try for better things either. Even some homeless people manage not to be depressed about their situation. It depends how willing you are to enjoy life and how driven you want to make yourself and all about perspective.

yeah it's hard, but your body is still healthy your not old or deteriating its not like you are in a nursing home you have plenty of living to do. And plenty of things you can achieve and enjoy yet.

I would give you sympathy but thats not what you need it would just be like giving sympathy to a kid that cannot get all the candy out of the jar right away. You have to learn and live through it patience don't give up because things are not perfect. Try harder improve your approach and not be greedy to have everything perfect, you're much better and stronger than to get upset and give up. I can feel you are. And you are an adult so I bet you can see that clearly if you realy think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

cutiepie132

I have a career dream too, but with the way my mind is, seems to be degenerating or something, I don't know if that will ever be possible, even more so because of my health issues..

Great thing about college is that you do not have to pay your student loans until you graduate and out working, that gives you a heads up to study..

Why not talk to your college advisor and see what they would recommend you do from here? There's no reason to give up.

I have no college experience, you have went further in life with this than I have managed. So don't feel like you haven't accomplished anything..

And well, we all can't be dirty filty rich, and money really doesn't bring happiness. Someday your heart will want more..

randomguy9

Put's the "Pro" in Profanity
Take a look back on your post and see how all of it is negative. That is no wonder you feel so crappy, if you are taking for granted the positive things, which you do not even percieve in your life right now. Instead you are magnifying problems out of proportion because you cant be a pro athlete or some genious mind with wealth?
Without a career I have nothing... no friends, I am a burden to my family... terminally single... there is nothing. I could live through that if I had a career but alass I do not, and don't think I ever will. 100% of the evidence in life says that is the case

yeah you may not have your dream job, or be as capable in your ability to learn something or some skill that you want. You may not be as wealthy as you would like. But do you realize how many people are in the same boat as you? litrally millions. Life is like that. It's not easy, if it was easy it would probaly be boring and unfulfilling anyway.
Life is never easy, but those who are successful were born with something I don't have... talent. Just like NBA centers are not NBA centers without the genetics that make them tall sucessfull people are not sucessfull with out the business savy and smart genetics... very few are in this boat... plenty of people are in trouble because of the economy, but few of them have worse gentics then me when it comes to fining a job.

I dont know much about you, but i can say with certainty there is something golden about your life that you have missed out on recognizing and enjoying and that its possible to be excited about it. It would be up to you to seek and find it.p
I wish...

you would have to find it in your will somewhere and pull yourself out of this mindset. And it is the mindset that is I'd say 70% of the problem.
Circumstances = 100% of the problem... minset = a direct results of permanate circumstances.
Circumstances come and go, but you will always have top deal with yourself and its you that puts you in them in the end. Blaming your genetics is not an excuse to not try for better things either. Even some homeless people manage not to be depressed about their situation. It depends how willing you are to enjoy life and how driven you want to make yourself and all about perspective.
I have been trying to fix this since I was 14.... and have made 0 progress... what the fuck is the point of continueing to try?

yeah it's hard, but your body is still healthy
Asthma, knee problems starting to have some digestion problems and no health inusurance... i am anything but healhty.
your not old or deteriating its not like you are in a nursing home you have plenty of living to do. And plenty of things you can achieve and enjoy yet.
I have tried for years to achive... and have nothing to show for it.
I would give you sympathy but thats not what you need it would just be like giving sympathy to a kid that cannot get all the candy out of the jar right away.
That kid does not understand long term consaqences... I do and realize that 8 years with no sucess is far from not getting candy.
You have to learn and live through it patience don't give up because things are not perfect. Try harder improve your approach and not be greedy to have everything perfect, you're much better and stronger than to get upset and give up. I can feel you are. And you are an adult so I bet you can see that clearly if you realy think about it.
I have looked it at from every honest angle possible and it all come down to the same shit...

cutiepie132

You seem so angry with life.. I can see it's giving you hell and then some.

I can't say I felt like I was born with much myself. Lack of looks, too bashful for much of a personality, well talents, not many I could brag about.. Sure can't sing.. Well not that good at much of anything. If the family wants any medical advice though, they always call me instead of taking that trip to the doctor.. I guess I'm smart in what I want to be smart in..

How come you don't have any friends? A relationship with someone could happen anytime in your life, you never get too old for that to happen.. I wish you had all that.. Everyone deserves to have that in their life. Along with a family who loves them.. Love is the one thing that makes life worth living..

What is the job your seeking for?? Isn't there anything you could do to make that happen?

Raphael1

Without a career I have nothing... no friends, I am a burden to my family... terminally single... there is nothing. I could live through that if I had a career but alass I do not, and don't think I ever will. 100% of the evidence in life says that is the case

Life is never easy, but those who are successful were born with something I don't have... talent. Just like NBA centers are not NBA centers without the genetics that make them tall sucessfull people are not sucessfull with out the business savy and smart genetics... very few are in this boat... plenty of people are in trouble because of the economy, but few of them have worse gentics then me when it comes to fining a job.

Circumstances = 100% of the problem... minset = a direct results of permanate circumstances.

I have been trying to fix this since I was 14.... and have made 0 progress... what the fuck is the point of continueing to try?
Asthma, knee problems starting to have some digestion problems and no health inusurance... i am anything but healhty.

I have tried for years to achive... and have nothing to show for it.

That kid does not understand long term consaqences... I do and realize that 8 years with no sucess is far from not getting candy.

I have looked it at from every honest angle possible and it all come down to the same shit...
Ok take a step back and think about it this way, isnt there some things you enjoy like don't you enjoy the beach? Having a good night out? The movies? Music. Even a relaxing bath? There is plenty of things in life to focus on and enjoy, a wide variety of possibilities. Learning something that interests you at your own pace can also be enjoyable. You could always study something and have some sort of solid job even if its not your first preference something would be possible that you could adapt too. You are being extremely harsh and negative on yourself. But I dont doubt you feel your limitations, but so do I, and so do alot of people but it's how you deal with it that will end up counting the most.

Some people are born with different talents and abilities that's true, but there is definitely some that have very bad problems with their mind health and body that cant suffer a range of mental health problems that you dont have also. I'm just saying you dont have to let this beat you its still possible to get something very positive out of this. But you have to be willing to try and believe what im trying to say.

you say you are a burden to your family. But you would actually be a way worse burden to them dead, because they dont want you dead that would hurt them and they want you alive and fulfilling your highest poetential. So this is not a reason at all. As for being single you never know when that is going to change and you may be suprised when you are willing to love yourself and be the best you can be. Lots are people are still single and happy anyway. You are just making this list of things to burden yourself with. And friends, depends who you are willing to accept as one, you dont need a great deal of friends, one or two good ones is enough. And if you dont have that, its something you can work on until you do. You would be suprised how many people are willing to be your friend if you let them in. There is many on this site.

I would say you have made progress but you have not aknowledged it. It is actually not possible to not have made progress cause as you are experiecing you are learning all the time. It just may not be the kind of progress you are thinking of and thats why you havnt recognized it. The point of continuing to try is when you do make breakthroughs you can see for yourself what is possible, and if you keep trying you will have success if you go about it in the most honest truthful way.

As for physical health, asthma can be controlled. not sure what kind of knee problems you have but that is not fatal, digestion could come down to a more healthy diet or something like that. You have no life threating illness. So you could cope with these if you choose to be a little bit more optimistic and accept some small health issues that mostly everyone gets sometime in their life.

and yes you do have something to show you have the experience of your entire life.

No success? Not only are you still here but there is probaly many things you have effected in a way that may suprise you. things that are important. that you didnt previously consider was important but held importance for others.
Consider just one experience where you were kind, or did something nice for instance.

have you really looked at it honestly from every angle possible? I think you are decieving yourself into thinking you have exhausted all possibilities and that there is no way out, only because this makes it easy for you to not have to try.Why let your discouragment and suffering drive you into this unrealistic pessimistic perception of yourself and your life. That kind of energy you are letting grow and feed on your misery and sucking the life out of you, distorting your perception and if you dont stop it, and fight the inertia of this feeling, you will miss out on a LOT of opportunity that is waiting for you in your future.

Last edited by a moderator:

japanlover

Random9 are we twins separated at birth? I am in the exact same situation except im going into the military because of the job situation.

Unemployment is a deliberate tactic. The bosses need cheap labour and for people to be scared of unions - the rich - they have it good right now - and don't give a f*** for the most part.

A few care - most would take 1 million - and kick you over the edge.

As for being a leech with family - family care for us - help us - be thankful for it. Family are there when friends may not be. Get real sick - you will see who stands by you.

I am unemployed - actually not even getting benefits for now - the system works that way.

As for jobs - the Chinese won't be working for long - their workers will demand more pay - they will see revolutions and China has parts which will pull away from their control - wars are happening now - China is all about 'face' - which means even if they felt suicidal - they would say business is great.

The West will have to go back to self contained production of goods.

We have to pull back from being part of some global economy - to allow nations to rule their own destiny.

Chinese are also a massive immigrant workforce - and sadly - sometimes its the bad people who come to the West - China does not mind this.

Also China has a policy of forced abortion. Classic communist control - tell you to get rid of a child - because the government says so. Well this had led to more men than women being born - hence millions of single Chinese men fleeing - who can blame them?

So - whilst China might 'seem' all powerful - its all face - they have whole world of trouble ahead - but they have not fought any wars with anyone outside their territory whilst Europe and USA have been suckered by the military industrial arms complex - we are being screwed silly - not in a nice way either.

I'm not sitting still - I'm doing a degree - and if we have a nuclear war before I pass - well - cry me a river!

Even if a comet was going to smash into us tomorrow - I'd plan ahead.

You cannot let little details like death stop your ambitions.

Er - well, sounds 'wack' I guess - but seriously - don't worry about too much - just concentrate on the things you can change - and sometimes - we have to accept that we are poor - and rely on others for help.

Been that way all my life - I had money - I had none!

But I never been so broke that it broke me.

Money? No way that sh** is dragging me down.

PS - I know a few women who have had relationships with the boss.

Hard to be in an office getting some ticking off when you just had an argument that morning!

If its a volatile relationship - best think about getting your head to have a meeting with your heart.

But staying in a relatives - if he is kind to you - and all is above board - no problem. I've put up people before - and turned up with holes in my shoes - penniless - and been taken in and fed and given a roof - shower - hospitality.

Don't feel shame - after all if you had a big house - and a spare room - and someone you cared for would be on the streets - you know what you would do.

And would you want your guest to feel shame?

Rest well - hope your day is a good one and at the end of it - you can be thankful for what you do have.

However if you have depression - I understand how you feel - but do not let SHAME ever shape your thoughts.

We are not the house we have - the car - or the silly trappings of what society says is 'success'.

We all matter - we all count.

Hope things get better soon - the economy will pick up - we will HAVE to create work - otherwise - riots will tear the USA apart also.

In England - we know there is more to come - a lot more.

People need work - if we cannot get it - we have nothing to lose.

We got to fight for the right to be employed.

YES - it is a right to work.

But for governments - we would all be working.

Silent1

Your lucky your on the side that wants to work and wants a job cause eventually you will find one and get what you want, i on the other hand hate work and wish there was a way i could just sit home and never have to take a step out my door and that just cant happen and wont ever happen for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00