Job woes again (still)

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cymbele, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Now the project is coming to a close and again I feel that I am going to get canned. I had an interview today which showed how far behind I am in technology in my field. When I lose this job I can't think of anything else to do but suicide. I think I can succeed - or else I will severely be harmed- in my suicide attempt and I am not ready emotionally. Part of me hopes that there can be a good resolution. (in other words) a job. The other part says that I'm all washed up and that there are no jobs for me as I have been applying places and today's interview was the first in many months. I know I go through this and nothing has happened yet but I feel in my gut that the end is near for the end of the job.
    I can't be unemployed again. Then I really have to suicide. That or be homeless.
    I give up. I dunno why I'm writing this except I don't want to suicide but feel I have to.

Back to thinking about getting ready emotionally.

2. Wild Citizen

Wild Citizen New Member

I know where you are coming from. There is always another way. When one door is shutting, another one is opening, but we need to see it. leave the thoughts about suicide, do not even think about that. be patient. Until your heart beats, there is always a way.

3. Jethro

Jethro Member

I am in the same boat.

I had a 2-week gig. Good money. Interesting work. Long hours, no days off, no benes, etc, but still, better than anything else I could get.

A few days ago I had chest pains, and sincerely hoped it was a massive heart attack, because I'm too chickenshit to actually end my life. But it didn't happen.

Today I found myself in excrutiating pain. Worse than anything I've ever experienced. I couldn't keep going, so the event manager sent me to the hospital. Turns out I was passing a kidney stone. I'd heard that was painful, but had no idea. The hospital released me a few hours ago. I got back to the gig, to find all my stuff packed up and a note saying "Your services are no longer needed."

I'm hoping they'll pay me for the 13 days I've worked. But I knew if I set foot off the site, I would be fired. I was right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.