Jobs

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Bad_Wolf, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad_Wolf

Bad_Wolf Member

Can hating your job have a severely negative impact on the rest of your life?

I've answered phones at a Mercedes-Benz dealership for the past six years and I hate it. I've always hated it. I hate the customers. I hate most of the people who work here. I hate the fluorescent lights and the cubicles. I hate being talked down to like I'm some sort of moron every day. I simply cannot stand it.

Until just a few minutes ago, I didn't really consider the fact that this could be the root cause of a lot of my distress. I've never been this depressed before. I feel completely hopeless.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Of course if you hate your job your environment then this would cause a person to be depressed

3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

that's a lot of "hate" to put up with

take some time and be honest with yourself about what you truly dislike about the job - it may be everything but look at each part

once you know what you don't like, ask yourself what you would rather be looking for and see if there's another job out there that you would be happier with - it may take some time but you should be able to find something that would be an improvement over your current situation

4. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

I don't know if it would be the cause or the symptom but it TOTALLY can impact the rest of your life.

5. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Absolutely! You spend a great deal of time each week in a work environment - it's a massive part of life and it can bring you down if you don't enjoy it.

That being said...I quit my job because of serious issues with the people I worked with. Now I'm stuck at home jobless wishing I was still there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.