John Allen Muhammad to be executed in the next hour.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by possessednomad, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

John Allen Muhammad is to be executed in the next hour. What are your thoughts?

2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Who is John Allen Muhammad? A terrorist? A killer? An asshole? Don't tease me like that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
  3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I now know who John is, and I remember reading of him. He was a messed up individual, and took joy in killing random individuals. Despite his actions, I do not believe he deserved to be put to death. He could have simply been given a sentence ensuring he never escaped prison, that would have worked perfectly fine. He did not kill with his bare hands, he killed with a rifle. He held no threat to prisoners. No man has the right to decide whether someone lives or dies, and this includes a judge.

I believe that capital punishment is wrong, but with most things it has exceptions. If there were a man like Muhammad, but strangled randomly instead of shot, then he would be a danger to all prisoners. This still does not mean he has to be killed, he could simply be put in solitary confinement. Even the evilest of men deserve life, the chance to repent his sins if he chooses (you do not have to be a Christian to repent), and the chance to change. It does not mean this man should ever be released from prison, but he can become a model prisoner, and do good behind bars. I know that some people have malfunctions in their brain, people like John Muhammad. They are still worthy of life, because all men should be treated equally. You can't say its right to kill one man, and spare another, when both have done terrible crimes. Jeffrey Dahmer, the most depraved serial killer of all time, was not given the death penalty.

On some level I am saddened by his death. Now you will cry "WTF? Are you insane? He was a killer!" and I will reply simply "He was a human being, and all human beings are deserving of life." Nobody will change my opinion on this. He could be a very nice person, with a fetish for murder. Nobody here knew him, and nobody should judge him. I pity those who cheer on the death of a human being, even if he is a criminal. Wait, especially if he is a criminal. People are quick to forget that one can change, and is deserving of that opportunity. If I were the judge I would have laid down a sentence that ensured he were never released, because it is clear he is a big threat to society. I would not have put him to death.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm cool with capital punishment. Seems like escaping more than anything. Depends on how you see death I suppose.

I agree with Tobes, they should've put him in a high security prison, somewhere ghastly... like how Robben Island was for Nelson Mandela. That would've shown the fucker!

I think the worst crims in the western world shouldn't be executed, they should be sent to prisons in developing countries where they are overcrowded, thrown together into one cell like cockroaches, and full of corrupt guards. Now that'd be real torture!

5. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Everybody deserves a second chance. Life is more precious than any gems found on earth. We only live once and only the Almighty has the right to claim it. The people has set rules and sometimes it seems necessary to prevent the crime rate going higher and higher.

What we need is to follow what the preaching has taught us.

Possible solution I guess is how we keep the prisoners in jail and how we teach them to be good citizens. Maybe we need to listen to them. They might need attention.

6. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

My opinion is that the death penalty should only be applied to those people whose crimes have a large-scale detrimental impact on society, and the DC Sniper case does fit this criteria.

But if a crime only affects a very small number of people (usually just friends and family of the victim), then the death penalty should not be applied.

The United States currently has the stupidest death penalty legal structure that it is possible for a nation to have. :mad:

7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I say go ahead and kill the fucker. Yeah, he's already dead. But kill him again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.