Joining a cult

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of joining a cult. That way I'll have an instant social life and won't have to worry about being rejected. All I have to do is follow their agenda. What do you think?

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Just as long as it's not the Mormons. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a good idea but it's your life.
    hope you do lots of research on cults before you decide

4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Depends on the cult :p

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Congratulations, you've decided to join Christianity!

Oh no wait, it's not that cult? Then which one?

6. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

Interesting question. I was raised in a cult, not a hugely restrictive one, but a cult nonetheless. It's true that you will probably get instant social acceptance, once you learn to play by their rules. As a child, I could not know that I was being indoctrinated, but you as an adult might be able to keep your essential self intact behind a facade of compliance... or not. It took me a lot of years to un-learn behaviors instilled in me in childhood, and I still have challenges in that area at the age of 45.

I agree with IV2010; do the research before you decide to join up. I myself would run like hell in the opposite direction, no matter how alone I was. I prefer to keep my own morality and beliefs about how to interact with the world.

Good luck.

7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm not serious about joining a cult. I wanted to hear your reactions 'cause I know it's an absurd thing to post.

:shelbi:

8. A.SoNiC.boY

A.SoNiC.boY Well-Known Member

Thats it! I vote we start a petition to have you drafted into a random cult!
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.