• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Joining a cult

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

I'm thinking of joining a cult. That way I'll have an instant social life and won't have to worry about being rejected. All I have to do is follow their agenda. What do you think?

Interesting question. I was raised in a cult, not a hugely restrictive one, but a cult nonetheless. It's true that you will probably get instant social acceptance, once you learn to play by their rules. As a child, I could not know that I was being indoctrinated, but you as an adult might be able to keep your essential self intact behind a facade of compliance... or not. It took me a lot of years to un-learn behaviors instilled in me in childhood, and I still have challenges in that area at the age of 45.

I agree with IV2010; do the research before you decide to join up. I myself would run like hell in the opposite direction, no matter how alone I was. I prefer to keep my own morality and beliefs about how to interact with the world.

Good luck.

pit

Actually, I'm not serious about joining a cult. I wanted to hear your reactions 'cause I know it's an absurd thing to post.

:shelbi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00