July healthy eating/exercise & weight loss challenge...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome folks...to the July healthy eating/exercise and weight loss thread...

This is a thread for everyone who would like to eat healthier and/or lose weight, plans to exercise(if you want). Anyone can join in this thread at any time.

Feel free to share any motivational videos(I personally watch the biggest loser when I need motivation), recipes, knowledge on healthy eating and weight loss, knowledge is power, books, different diets, food and health in the news or if you are stuck and in need of help. Share different exercises, ones you can do in the living room or full blown head-on stuff. Share tips for eating on a budget, share ideas and getting healthier is our aim.

I personally think having a goal in mind is great so you have something to work towards to and don't feel like roaming around aimlessly. Don't be shy, post anything you want here health/diet/exercise/food related and continue to share your progress, weaknesses and strengths.

My goal for the month of July is to lose 10lbs and exercise for an hour a day. There are no quick fixes, its a long process, you just have to be determined to keep the motivation up. You did not gain it in a day, you won't lose it in a day

Share your goal if you have one. Short term or long term.

Tagging some folks from the last thread but anyone can join...

@Paisley @Woowoo @sassy123 @DrownedFishOnFire @Daisy111 @Leav @nobodyknows71 @Rockclimbinggirl @Mishka1204 @Innocent Forever @Witty_Sarcasm @HumanExMachina

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Awesome goals peeps :) All very achieveable goals, try your hardest and don't let anything get in the way :)

@DrownedFishOnFire could switching to diet soda be a first step for you instead of trying to go cold turkey from all that caffeine?

@kat319 Best of luck with your goals, what kind of work outs do you do?

@sassy123 5 pounds is a very realistic goal. Good luck.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Good morning everyone and thanks for setting up the July thread @Petal.

My goals for July are to lose 4 lbs and to drink less alcohol.

This week I've had time off work, the weather has been amazing and I've felt like I've been on holiday. But that means I've drunk far more alcohol than I should have. Drinking a cider in the sunshine is just so nice. Once I'm back to work tomorrow I should get back on track.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My goal is the same as last month - eat breakfast each day and do the hoop for 10 minutes each day.
I'd love to exercise some more but I'm not sure how to motivate myself how to. Really would need a specific thing to follow (like 10 sit ups, 10 jumping jacks, or whatever)
Honestly I'd love to lose my stomach - not through losing weight. Not sure how to do that.
Trying to eat healthier - add more fruit/vegetables. Just this weekend I tried watermelon (I eat orange, apple, green grapes). Trying to learn to eat new foods too.
Thanks for this thread @Petal

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was naughty yesterday and and had a magnum classic ice cream, treats make my diet healthy in my defense ;) Depriving yourself will get you no where. I have done 30 minutes of my exercise today and aim to do another 30 in a while, my eating has been good too.

Good luck everyone with ye're goals and have a good day and keep us all updated.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi all, it’s great to have a new thread for July. I am to lose 4kilos this month. 2lb a week. Hopefully I can achieve that as I have something at the end of the month I want to look good for. This will be on top of the 5kilos I’ve already lost so fingers crossed for that. I’m feeling quite determined, let’s jope it stays that way. And for now I’m going to keep up the jogging. I don’t see it as something I ‘enjoyed’ doing so I don’t think I’m ever going to be one of those ‘let’s jog for fun’ people, but for the next four weeks I’ll keep it going. I want to go clothes shopping (something I detest because nothing ever looks right) towards the end of the month so hopefully if I lose a few more pounds I’ll find something that looks ok!

Good luck everyone with your own goals, and I promise to make more of an effort to check in her more.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello @nobodyknows71 I lost 25 lbs in may and june combined and bought myself 2 beautiful new tops as a reward :) but have a hell of a lot more to lose, it's not a sprint, its a marathon :D We can all reach our goals if we truly want them to come true.

I hope you keep up the jogging and in the process I hope it becomes something you enjoy for fun. Very proud of you for completing the run yesterday, hope it has raised your motivation and self confidence :) Fair deuce, :)

How often are you going to weigh yourself to keep track?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Haven't done my daily exercising yet but it's only 10:30AM here so there's still plenty of time. Right now I'm in the process of making chicken stock, which I'll use to infuse some flavour into any rice or potatoes I make over the next few days.
Yup - you have the whole day to exercise so loadsa time :)

mmm sounds lovely, meal planning is good, helps the stress of ''what's for dinner'' lol

Enjoy your day and have a happy and healthy one :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00