1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

June healthy eating/exercise and weight loss challenge.

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

So... we had an amazing month in May where a lot of members got together shared their experiences, tips, tricks, advice and we all benefited from it :) We discovered new foods, new teas, new ways of monitoring exercise. The daily goals we implemented were very encouraging and us supporting each other with them made them easier to achieve.

So let's make a goal for the month of June.

I personally would like to lose 5kg (11lbs) and I know that is very possible if I work very hard and stick to my regime and weight loss daily goals and stay in touch with this thread on a daily basis.

New month. New goals. New challenges. New you.

@Woowoo @DrownedFishOnFire @Mishka1204 @Witty_Sarcasm @Innocent Forever @sassy123 @DamCore

Anyone is welcome to join this months challenge :)

2. Woowoo

Woowoo SF Pro SF Supporter

Thanks for setting up the thread @Petal and encouraging us all to be healthier

My goal for the month is to at least equal May's 2 lb loss, but ideally I'd like to lose 4.

Today's goal is to do a longer walk. I haven't managed anything longer than about 15-20 minutes this week. Hopefully the weather will be on my side today :)

Kiwi2016, DrownedFishOnFire and Petal like this.
  3. Petal

You are very welcome hun :)

You can totally lose 4lbs this month. You can achieve this. We'll be with you all the way.

Today's goal for me is to reach 5 portions of fruit/veg, I like that goal because it fills you with delicious nutrients :)

DrownedFishOnFire and Woowoo like this.
  4. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

Hey there
    I'm going to keep to the same goals as last month - breakfast and 10 minutes exercise each day.
    There is another goal I have but I don't see it as keepable so I'm not choosing it for this month. It is to be able to buy a bar of chocolate and eat one serving (whether that's a piece or 4) without eating the whole packet, and a whole roll in a go. Did that yesterday which is why I'm thinking of it. When I start, I can't stop. Which is a little bit of a problem.

5. Petal

I was in a shop yesterday and there was a green and blacks chocolate bar there, they are luxury choccies but they were on offer so was tempted, a big one, I knew that I would not be able to just have a square or two so did not buy it. I don't like to keep a lot of sweets around 'cos I know I don't have the dedication to just eat a serving so bought an ice cream instead later from mcdonalds lol as a treat.

Best of luck with your goals.

6. Petal

Just back from being weighed, I am a pound up from last week but in total for the month of May I lost 15lbs. Delighted with myself :) . Extremely happy with the result.

Lets get in gear for our goals for the brand new month of June :)

7. Woowoo

Woowoo SF Pro SF Supporter

Well done @Petal - awesome effort. Keep up the good work in June :)

DrownedFishOnFire and Petal like this.
  8. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I would like to lose 5 to 6 pounds here is hoping hugs

Woowoo, Kiwi2016, Petal and 1 other person like this.
  9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hope to shred some weight maybe good 8 pounds and fall into a fitness routine everyday by the end of the month working on eating less processed junk food and more clean food along with h20.

Cheers

bobbob, Woowoo, Kiwi2016 and 2 others like this.
  10. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro SF Supporter

Jumping in and out quick to say thanks to you guys for these monthly threads. I don't set goals for myself because that always ends up being counterproductive for me. But following your discussions keeps healthy eating foremost in my mind, so lately I've been eating a little bit healthier as a result. Thanks:) And you're all doing great [/thumbsup]

MarkahMalady, bobbob, Woowoo and 4 others like this.
  11. Petal

That is fantastic to hear, I guess goals don't work for everyone but I am really happy to hear that following this thread has helped you make healthier choices. Well done :) Awesome stuff. A comment like yours is something that spurs me on even more ~ thank you ~ xxx

Woowoo and HumanExMachina like this.
  12. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro SF Supporter

I can't do the goals, but being reminded that trying to eat healthier is just plainly a sensible thing has been helping me to make a little extra effort towards that. A little bit goes a long way. I'm sure you're helping many other lurkers as well:)

Woowoo and Petal like this.
  13. Petal

Thank you. I think we all need a reminder at times to make healthier choices and I do for sure hope we are helping lurkers too. Eating clean is not easy, far from it, you need to be in the right frame of mind for it, I believe it is mentally one of the hardest things to do, you just gotta find the right balance. I had a few chocolates today, when I say a few I mean I had like 10, I haven't had a treat that big for a long while, that is what will make my diet sustainable and maintainable in the long run, if you want a treat have it, just don't do it every day or go too far.

HumanExMachina likes this.
  14. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I went for a nice long walk and ended up with over 14000 steps yay. I went out to eat today and am drinking not so good but hey I got my walking in

cvb2377, bobbob, Kiwi2016 and 3 others like this.
  15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

I walked 3 miles today so that was pretty good. Hopefully I can get in some exercise tomorrow.

16. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

ate 3 slices of pizza 2 hotdogs and a cake. epic failure.

Afraid to look up the calories for those things. I do not eat hotdogs normally. Just had to give it a shot. Whyyyy.

HumanExMachina likes this.
  17. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

I learned that I burn about 500 calories by walking 3 miles. So I might try to do that each day if I can.

Woowoo, HumanExMachina and Petal like this.
  18. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey there. I kind of missed joining the May thread, but I’m here and ready to sign up for June. I’ve entered a charity event, 10k (6/7 miles) it’s in four weeks and my aim is to jog 5k and walk the rest. I’ve been ‘in training’ for about a month already and can do about 3 1/3k with reasonable comfort, but I hope to improve that over the next few weeks. I’m sure you guys will give me loads of encouragement.
    I’ve kind of slacked off this last week so seeing this thread has given the kick up the backside I needed to get my head back in the game! I started slimming world back in worked pretty well to start off but again I’ve been slacking. I lost 4 kilos and although I’ve been slacking I haven’t gained any back, I’ve just not lost any more.

I’m not one for daily goals but I do have my long term one so let’s see how this goes.

Good luck everyone with your own goals. I’m off for a jog.

;)

19. Mishka1204

Mishka1204 Well-Known Member

I want to lose 3 kg :) i had a pizza and wine evening yesterday (and a sleepless night with Altered Carbon series) so I am startimg today.

Woowoo, HumanExMachina and Petal like this.
  20. Petal

You can totally lose 3kg if you put your mind to it and keep at it day in and day out however grueling that may sounds but also allow yourself treats and if you want a pizza go for it :) Just don't make it a habit :) Good luck x

Woowoo, Mishka1204 and HumanExMachina like this.