just a bit overwhelmed.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Troubled2, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troubled2

Troubled2 New Member

Hey anyone who's out there.

I have been having trouble lately and it's let to this. It started out with me getting on the soccer team, scoring a boyfriend, and living in a family that was complete.

Now, I'm off the field due to a sport's injury (I tore my ACL), lost my boyfriend to someone he swore he was 'just friends' with, and my parents are divorced, my brother is distant (mentally), and my sister moved to a different state. My dad and mom fight and I feel trapped. I can't drive and I have a strict schedule.

Please please- if you have something to say, share it. But don't tell me how sorry you are for me. I really can't deal with it when people say it and don't mean it. I'm open for encouragement, advice, anything but pity. Sorry if that offends some of you. But this is just me.

2. dragonfly70

dragonfly70 Well-Known Member

You've suffered a lot of loss recently and it will take some time to heal. Part of the healing process will involve bringing other things, other people, into your life. Has school recently begun for you? Now would be a good time to look into other activities besides sports. Are there any clubs that might interest you?

It was a really lousy thing that your boyfriend did to you. Better to find out now that he was someone you couldn't trust than after you've invested any more time in that relationship. You deserve better.

I can understand how trapped you are probably feeling at home. Do you have a good relationship with your sister? Even though you can't be together in person, can you still stay connected in other ways? It's okay to ask for support. Have you tried talking to your parents about how their fighting affects you?

Your life is just beginning. It may feel hopeless right now, but you will get through this. Hang in there. Reach out to people - people at school - friends, guidance counselors, teachers - and keep talking to us here. We're listening.

3. Samara

Samara Account Closed

Maybe these things are drifting away from you, because it might be time for something new? I mean family, will always be there in a certain way, sure the dynamics of that can change, and when and how that works can be different each time; but there are still so many things you have not experienced, or are missing out on, or could get to learn and know, and love etc... outside of all of the things you have mentioned. Having that injury, for example, puts you off field, for sure, but it does not mean that is a finalization, and again, it does not mean that you can't do other things. What about other kinds of groups in your community that get together to do things? Maybe swim groups (not strenuous swimming, fun swimming... you don't even have to do much, just float, maybe that can help take some strain off your body lifting you for now too, because you are buoyant in water).

Or music clubs, book clubs, art clubs etc....? So many other things, where you can be welcome, even this forum... what about working with maybe disabled people, or volunteering for a distress line etc... ? Job shadowing something really cool that you always wanted to see for a day? Sticking your foot into one of those doors... they might be good hobbies that fulfil you better than trying to make things work when only being met halfway with family or men in your life?

You mentioned you have a strict schedule, but your parents let you play that sport... so maybe they will let you do some other kind of club or hobby... just say it's for credits for a scholarship or something, and maybe they will open up to the idea either.

Can I ask what the deal with this strict schedule is, is it parent related, or just your work load related? If it is caused by your parents, could you give some insight?

Maybe it's the schedule that needs to unwind, I mean if you are rather young, it might feel like you are just so trapped having to always have your life planned out for you, and never having room to really do what you want, or grow, or be spontaneous, or seek out thrills, or anything that a young person should actually be doing...

Doesn't seem like you get a whole lot of room to be you, with all of the outside influences weighing in on you, and you trying to figure out how to fit in with everyone else's problems, from distance, to mental issues, to cheating (disloyalty), to divorce...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.