Just a clue about my family.

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by stinkymouse, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

MY family,parents,sister and kids went away to brighton for christmas..they didnt bother to invite me,or even send me a christmas card...heard nothing from them since mid December.
    My uncle went to christmas at my cousins house with the kids and for the 5th year on the trot ive spent the holidays on my own...i havent heard from my uncle since November when he wanted me to take him to the doctors(he carnt drive since his stroke)
    This morning my uncle rang me up..
    To wish me a happy new year?...no!!
    To invite me over for a drink? ...no!!
    To thank me for the bottle of whisky i got him? ..no
    He rang to ask me if i would take him to tescos to do some shopping for him.
    As usual i did and i went and picked him up and took him shopping and went back home,i wont hear from him again untill he wants another favour.none of my family had bothered to ring me or invite me over the holidays,yet as soon as they want something,its on the phone to me..
    IM SO MAD..its making me more ill,and it was a major contribution to my overdose,that put me in a coma for 12 hours,and 3 weeks in weller wing phycratic hospital...
    This year is going to be another year of deep depression and isolation,due to my social phobia and bipolar,and my family make it worse.:sad:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I'm sorry they are treating you with such disrespect. You need to tell them how their behaviour is affecting you. Be honest with them. Maybe they don't realize what they are doing :hug:

3. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

:hug:

It really sucks when you can't rely on family.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It might be tough but you gotta confront them, whether individually or as a whole, it's up to you.

Good luck.

5. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

Tell them how you feel. That isn't fair on you :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.