Just a general wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarulesmenow

Nothing too serious or anything, just a quick question. This is going to sound rather stupid lol.
Anyway last week me and some friends went to Amsterdam for a few days to see the great Tori Amos and I shared a room with one of my friends.
Although I'm pretty close to these friends, we only get to see each other about once a month as we all live so far apart. I have some anxiety problems, and when I'm in a big group I act a bit stupidly because of this and do stupid things. I don't mean I do anything badly stupid, just funny stupid things which everyone finds funny anyway.
I'm also a little bit paranoid (I don't actually have the disorder, but I often think that people hate me, when it's usually the opposite). I just have this feeling that I really pissed off the friend I was staying with and I'm just wondering if I should apologise. I didn't do anything to piss her off or anything, and we're quite close, but I have the feeling I have pissed her off. Usually when I get that feeling i'm completely wrong but it's doing my head in now. We haven't spoken much since, but that's pretty normal for us.

(I just read this back and realised how funny it sounds lol).

painwell

Member & Antiquities Friend
Hi!

I think that apologizing without knowing for certain that she is pissed off _might_ reinforce your thought patterns that you make everyone mad (when it sounds like this isn't the case!). I would ask her first if you did something to upset her, and if you did, then apologize. At least that way you will know what you are apologizing for, and won't be solidifying the thought that you are always upsetting people.

I know where you are coming from BTW. I suffer from the same thing... never thinking that I'm good enough for my friends, always thinking they are mad at me, etc. 98% of the time I'm wrong, and it's just the insides of my head that are mad at me ;)

Hope all goes well for you! And hope the concert was good. I've been to Amsterdam alot, beautiful city.

anarulesmenow

Hey thanks, I probably won't say anything then.
Yeah Amsterdam's lovely, she played with the metropole orchestra, who the government are now sadly shutting down

painwell

Member & Antiquities Friend
Ahh, that's a shame =( We are seeing things like that being shut down in the US as well... I wish this recessions would just end so things can go back to normal.

anarulesmenow

Tori's amazing isn't she!
Yeah I agree, I should probably ask if I did anything to upset her but that may seem a little weird. But otherwise it'll be going round in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00