Just a kid..

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Lorax, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

As a young kid, i had 2 abusers. They were of the sexual abuse natures. I've told people before.

Generally i limit it to very vague information. I told 3 people the whole story, and.. Was told i was lying.

The exact relationships i had, make it impossible to share the full details to anyone. And is probably why no one would believe me.

It scarred me in a lot of ways. I fear more than anything else, having any sort of intimate relationships.

No one understands why a fairly young male seems to be so opposed to random "hook ups" or why i feel so opposed to discussing it.

I've been diagnosed with PTSD, but for other traumas. I haven't told my therapist(s).

I have had full on melt downs, for various reasons i won't detail here. Guess life is full of trauma. All i can do, is dissociate or repress it. Not sure why it happened, but i refuse to trust anyone completely.
  2. Where_are_you?

Where_are_you? New Member

I know how you feel, Unfortunately its become a very common issue and its very hard to deal with. Im sorry they didnt believe you, I also know what thats like. You have every right to not fully trust a person, but also believe there are good people out there who do want to give you support. Hang in there
  3. dannyboy86

dannyboy86 Active Member

im truely sorry someone told you that you were lying. Thats not fair. Ive been lucky in that people have belived me. I havent told many people of my sexual abuse though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.